I stayed at this hotel from 6 March for 8 nights. The hotel is situated in Prat Avenue opposite the Guandong Hotel. Taxi drivers may not be familiar with this hotel so you may need to use the Guandong as a nearby landmark. The hotel is also served by the K3 Airport Express minibus from Kowloon Station and the A21 bus stop is close by on Chatham Road South. It is a boutique style hotel featuring a 28" LCD television, generously sized double bed, microwave, switchable air conditioning, small fridge, electronic safe, kettle, DVD player. The hotel provides broadband connectivity although this is chargeable - there is no wi-fi provided. However, the hotel provides residents with the free use of two laptops in the lobby area. The bathroom was reasonably sized with a roomy shower cubicle. The only drawback for some maybe the lack of privacy for the bathroom due to use of clear panels thoughout.
The bed linen and bathroom towels were changed daily which is pleasing although not environmentally friendly. Although the rooms were cleaned daily, I would suggest that the attention to detail needs to be greater as dust in crevices were missed and stains left by cups were still evident on the main in my room. My room also seemed to occasionally draw in the smell of cigarettes although it's unclear whether this was via the air conditioning or otherwise. Then there was the lack of consideration of other residents on this floor with the noise from children as they returned for the day, the general slamming of doors and the banging of one resident's door by a drunken resident! The first of these occured at times through my stay whilst the other issues occurred during the second half of my stay. Staff were efficient and courteous.
The area is extremely close to the Nathan, Carnarvon, Granville Road areas for shopping. Similarly, the impressive Harbour City retail complex on Canton Road is also nearby (10 minutes walk). The area is also well served with eateries of all types, numerous 7-11 shops, and bars. I would recommend taking a short walk to the cosmopolitan Knutsford Steps area (5 minutes walk) in preference to the ones found by the hotel! Tsim Tsa Tsui MTR is also a short walk.
I made my room reservation via the asiatravel.com website which charged HKD 700 on the first 3 nights of my stay, then HKD 550 for the remaining nights. This was cheaper than other websites (including their own!) although rates are unlikely to stay at this level as people become more aware of this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This chic and contemporary boutique hotel Butterfly on Prat is strategically situated in the heart of vibrant Tsim Sha Tsui providing a perfect location for shopping and sightseeing. The hotel’s 122 rooms are decorated in a bright orange or earthy green color tone offering unparallel comfortable setting and relaxing atmosphere.The hotel is just a few minutes walk from exciting tourist spots and vibrant shopping malls. Explore Kowloon Park, discover Avenue of Stars, or take-in the shopping hub of Harbour City or the luxury name brands along Canton Road.The hotel enjoys a perfect transportation network that allows one to easily cross Victoria Harbour by Star Ferry or by MTR to Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, or further afield to Hong Kong International Airport and AsiaWorld-Expo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Butterfly on Prat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Prat Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Prat Hong Kong