“Lousy roast goose and char siew” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Guangdong Barbecue Restaurant Huankoudao

Guangdong Barbecue Restaurant Huankoudao
No.43 Huankoudao,Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)
852-27355151,852-27355978
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,787 of 4,636 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Singapore, Singapore
“Lousy roast goose and char siew”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

do not waste your time going to this place, least not this branch
food is bad with inconsistent pricing

roast goose rice ($43) + char siew ($6) and one iced milk tea ($16)
the milk tea was probably the best of the lot, not that it was fantastic

soggy rice with 6 pieces of roast goose with bones and little meat
meat was not up to standard, mediocre at best. I had better in an SG food court

char siew was also dry and tasteless

i could have had a better meal elsewhere with this price

i too suggest sparing the disappointment and going straight to yung kee

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Cologne, Germany
“Food is average but kitchen staffs do not care about hygiene”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We were being seated right in front of the kitchen, saw that the cooks did not wear any cap or cloth to cover the hair at all. Since they have long hair (they are guys), they just keep playing their hair while cooking. This has made my father lose his appetite as he was the one being seated facing the kitchen.

About their food, we have ordered half of roast duck, some roast pork and a plate of stir-fry vegetables. The food tasted average. The roast duck and roast pork was cold and kinda dry. No complain about the Vege.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Manila
“Food is good enough -- a bit pricey for a place with dirty seats and tables!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We went here for a late lunch after a long morning of walking around, as this was one of the restaurants on my bf's must-visit list. My first impression was that it was extremely cramped. The display outside looked enticing enough, so we made our way inside. Tables are smallish and there was obviously no space so we were ushered into an adjoining room, not as packed but equally as untidy as the first one (I guess that's normal for most hole-in-the-wall places in HK).

We then waited for our English menu to be handed then pointed to our orders - an order of roast duck, an order of suckling pig, and an order of broccoli flowers in garlic. Each of those mains cost about HKD70, comes with a bowl of white rice though, while the broccoli flowers cost about HKD60.

Our order comes after about fifteen minutes and while my bf is wolfing down our order, I look around and notice all the leftover food under the tables that have not been swept or tidied up. Hmmm I say.. food is good enough but not particularly enjoyable if you prefer a more hygienic experience. I'd go back for the horseradish-type mustard though (think it's called English Mustard).

Wouldn't say I'd go back.. unless my bf drags me back again. Haha.

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Went native and loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Well, after about a dozen trips to Asia, I finally went native and ventured into an eatery intended for the locals by myself. I’ve been to places like this before with my Chinese colleagues, but never by myself. The kitchen is right in front of the place with barbequed goose, duck, squab and various cut s of pork hanging in the front window. A look through the hanging meat lets you observe the chef at work with his only knife, a HUGE cleaver.
When I finally went inside the waitress recognized me immediately as Lo Wei and brought me a picture menu so that I could order cuts of pork, goose, rice, Chinese cabbage (if you haven’t had this before, it’s like a cross between broccoli rabe and baby bok choy – it’s quite good) and of course a tall Tsing Tao. I watched the cook prepare my feast and dinner was delivered literally within 3 minutes of ordering. The food was simply spectacular. Dinner was flavorful, hot and delicious as well as cheap. The total bill was only 132HKD, or about $18 US. That’s a real bargain in Hong Kong which can be a very expensive city indeed.

Visited December 2011
Jakarta, Indonesia
“cheater”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My comment will be the same with C C. The roasted goose were dry, i rather came back to yungkee. for 88$ i could eat a monster lunch instead i got kids meal.

• Visited September 2011