I stayed for 1 night while on a business trip to Mainland China. I have stayed at and reviewed this hotel in the past but on this trip stayed in a Suite.
- As mentioned before, this hotel has a friendly, English speaking staff which is very helpful
- Location in Mongkok is convenient to several of the markets and close to public transportation
- The suite I stayed in was on the 22nd floor facing out toward the rest of the island. The view was spectacular at night, unblocked by any of the neighboring high rises
- Although on the smallish side for more than 2 people, it was convenient if you were planning an extended stay with a seating area and TV, dining area, and separate bedroom and bathroom
- Bathroom was large and modern
- Bedroom had a large picture window looking out on the city, flat screen TV, and comfy but small bed.
- As mentioned, the bed was a little small. I am over 6' so the bed was a little short but was still comfortable
- The tub didn't drain properly. It filled with water while taking a shower, but this is merely a maintenance issue, nothing major
This has been my go to hotel on most of my trips now to Hong Kong. I am there 5 or 6 times per year for business. It is a short walk from the Olympian Mall which has an MTR stop. You can take the Airport Express and 1 transfer to get there from HKG, about 25 minutes. The Mall has good shopping and dining options. I had booked a normal room but arrived after 11pm and got upgraded to a Suite because they were overbooked, a nice bonus. I would recommend this hotel for any type of visit, business or pleasure.
If possible, try to get a room with a West facing view of the city
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
November 28, 2012
Dear Robert, thank you very much for choosing Cosmo Hotel Mongkok and your continued support. It’s our great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed our guestroom overlooking a spectacular city view with the spacious mosaic bathroom with massage shower and bathtub, the friendly and attentive services rendered by our professional team and the convenient location of the hotel surrounding a neighborhood that offers an array of restaurants and eateries featuring local and international cuisines. Apart from the MTR station, the hotel also provides shuttle services for bringing our guests to multiple destinations including Mong Kok, Tsim Sha Tsui, and West Kowloon. To your comment regarding bed size, there are actually king bed available for Room CosMorganic or above and guests only need to request upon reservations. Your noted in regards to the water tub is well taken and our housekeeping team will perform checking on the drainage more frequently to ensure guests a refreshing shower experience. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.