“Excellent airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel

You added Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Sky City Road East, Hong Kong International Airport | Lantau, Hong Kong, China (Airport)   |
Hotel deals
4.5 of 5 stars 1,585 Reviews
London
“Excellent airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

Really good value hotel close to the airport, perfect for stop overs.

Everything clean and functional, considerably better than similarly priced hotels near other major airports.

Getting the shuttle bus is a bit of a scrum, but all works out fine.

One piece of advice I didn't reallise, if you're going to Macau, dont stop off in Hong Kong, or leave the airport, go direct to Macau from the airport, saves a lot of hassle with immigration.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

Can't write a long review for this place as we hardly stayed for 3 hours in out room ..... but ya the hotel is good .... the room was spacious .... and the best thing when i switched on the TV even that had a message welcoming me to the hotel..... but the only complaint I have is that even though the tv welcomed me using my name ...... my marriott rewards statement says 0 stays .... they did not record my stay even though i have stayed in the hotel .... but really can't blame the hotel for that it's a technical glitch by Marriott Rewards ...... apart from that you'll be lucky to get rooms near the lift .... ya seriously it's built like a long corridor and if you get a room at the far end like I did ..... it's a long walk to your room .... The room however was great with an amazing view of the Hongkong ferry pier and a golf course ....... it's very near to the Airport and they have shuttle bus services to the airport every hour ..... but ya if you have come as a tourist to hongkong book something in proper hongkong city as this is located on lantau Island which is a HKD 300 drive to the city ...... but like me if you have a late night flight to catch it's just perfect ..... one more thing .... this hotel is quite near to Hongkong disney land and Big Buddha .... both of which are on lantau.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

We stayed here only one night. We flew in from Vietnam around 10pm, collected our bags and walked through HKG airport, following signs for the Marriott. We found the Marriott bus (ready and waiting!) and had a quick ride to the hotel. By the time we got to the hotel it was 10:45. I though check in was a bit slow and the hotel restaurants were all closed by the time we got there. We were not hungry enough to pay the room service prices. The room was clean and modern. No odd odors, and shower water temp. did not fluxuate. Flat screen tv, comfy bed. I would describe the hotel as modern. I have no idea what our room overlooked since it was dark when we arrived and dark when left. Two complaints- (1) our room was very far from the elevator and lugging our 4 suitcases down without the assistance of a bellhop (we called, but gave up waiting) was not fun and (2) we arrived in the lobby to see the shuttle bus being loaded up. I was told that it was full and would have to wait another 20/30 minutes for the next shuttle bus, I could clearly see that every seat on the bus was not full . I must have looked pretty sad since both my husband and myself were allowed to board. Even after we boarded, there were empty seats. I don't think these are reasons not to stay here... just things to note if you are rushed for time. I would not stay at this hotel if I was visiting hong kong for sighseeing unless I wanted to see the big buddha. It is a short train ride but no wherewithin walking distance to Hong Kong Island and Kowloon. Stay here if you need a place to crash and don't want to sleep at the airport!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

We loved virtually everything about this hotel. We stayed here for 2 nights at the tail end of our trip to Hong Kong. Indeed, this hotel is far from Hong Kong Island and the main parts of Kowloon, so it is cumbersome, transportation-wise to use this hotel for your entire trip to HK. We stayed here for the last two days of our trip because we saved all of the Lantau Island activities (Disneyland, Ngong Ping/Buddha) for the end, hoping that this hotel would be a good base of operations. Well, this hotel certainly was a great place to stay, not only because it provided top notch accommodations, but because transportation to and from was seamless. On the day that we moved from our Hong Kong Island hotel to this one, we simply took the Airport Express to the final station, walked easily through the convention center/station, over the dedicated covered walkway and into the hotel. With the airport express, you are offered a same day return trip, so after we checked in, we headed back out to Hong Kong Island for dinner with family and friends. Check in was excellent. Michael took care of us immediately and had us on our way to our airport-facing room . Our room looks exactly as nice and new as it does in the guest photo section. We loved our room except for one small thing to do with the shower. There happens to be no door nor curtain that spans the length of the tub. The floor got wet easily... BUT no problem as the rest of the room was perfect.

Not to take away from the quality of the hotel and rooms, as everything really is top notch, but the hotel's shuttle service was simply outstanding. They run three routes, and we took advantage of all three. One morning, we took the shuttle bus to Terminal 2, grabbed a quick and cheap breakfast, then jumped back on the shuttle to head back to the hotel to grab our things for a day at Disneyland. We headed down to the lobby to get the shuttle to Disneyland. Do know that we headed down 20 minutes early, and we're glad we did. We were the last to make it aboard. There is only one departure in the morning and one return trip in the evening. There were a number of folks left behind. So do head down in good time to grab the Disney shuttle. You can also take the Tung Chung shuttle, then get on the extremely efficient MTR to get to Disneyland, but the direct shuttle from the hotel is very nice.

After a day a Disneyland, it was still a few hours until the hotel shuttle would make its run from the park back to the hotel, so we decided to take the MTR to Tung Chung -- the area less than 10 minutes from the airport and also where the gondola begins for the Ngong Ping/Buddha attraction. Tung Chung has an outlet mall, that also includes a very large food area. There are excellent and cheap food 'stalls' here, but it's all enclosed in an air conditioned environment with lots of seating. This was a great place to have a meal. After dinner, we walked just out of one of the outlet mall exits and the hotel shuttle was waiting right there. We hopped on board and were back to the hotel in less than 15 minutes. Some reviewers have reported that later in the evening, this shuttle can be packed. I can envision that, however, we took it twice and there were less than 10 people aboard each time.

So, if you are transiting and need a place to stay for a night, or if you want to take a few days and check out the Lantau Island sights, this Marriott hotel is fantastic. We did not use any of the restaurants in the hotel, but we did use the pool, and that too was great. High recommendation for this fine Marriott property!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

This is a brand new luxury hotel right by the airport. The rooms are very nicely appointed with stylish furniture. The bar and restaurant areas are also futuristic and very comfortable. I had the buffet lunch and it was fantastic. The gym is a decent size and the pool area is beautiful. I had the pool, jacuzzi and sauna completely to myself. My only gripes are they expect you to tip twice (service charge plus tip) in a country where there is no tipping, and there is no free internet and it's expensive. Considering the low cost of internet in Hong Kong and the fact that every public building including the airport has free wifi, I found that a bit rude.

Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

I always love to stay in Marriott hotels because I can sleep there very well. This time I needed a hotel near the airport because I had a flight to catch early in the morning.

I stayed in this hotel before and I knew that with the MRT next door you can reach Hong Kong easily and with the hotel bus drops you off at the nearby shopping mall.

Next time however I will try the Novotel Citygate. The bar at the Marriott is pretty empty and there is really nothing to do there. The one at Novotel was busy with a live band, playing. Furthermore has the Citygate mall different restaurant and shops to visit.

For a short stay and a good sleep, I would recommend Marriott. If you have some more time to spend, try Novotel Citygate, although I never stayed there, so not sure about their rooms and service.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Stayed here for one night only before an International Flight out of Hong Kong.

Room was modern and spacious with all the mod cons and a large well equipt bathroom.

A free shuttle bus was available to and from the hotel for airport, outlet mall and Disney - all busses run at regular 30 min intervals throughout the day and evening.

The restaurants served good food and the staff was friendly. All over priced but unfortunately due to the airport location there is not a lot of choice for dining outside the hotel.

Will definitely stay here again if I need a good hotel close to Hong Kong airport.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!