“Excellent everything.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel

You added Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel to your Saves list
Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Sky City Road East, Hong Kong International Airport | Lantau, Hong Kong, China (Airport)   |
Hotel deals
4.5 of 5 stars 1,585 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent everything.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on 04/09/2011 and 15/09/2011. I chose it as an overnight stay between long-haul flights to recover and shower, and i'm extremely glad I did!
The whole hotel is quite new, and everything is very clean and elegant. The room was a standard room, and it was quite large. The furniture and all the gear you would need was in the room, wifi is free if you sign up to be a member (also free). The bathroom was luxurious and spacious, covered in clean textured white marble with very modern toilet and basin. The shower had both the hand-held head and a rain-shower head built into the ceiling. I felt so totally relaxed in the room, and was worried that perhaps the aircraft would be too noisy, but the insulation of the building is excellent and I only heard one or two planes (quiet and muffled) before bedtime, and slept the whole night in complete air conditioned comfort.
The staff are wonderful, speak English very well, and know what they're doing. There is a free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and vice-versa, which departs every 20-30 minutes and can be used without limits.
I ate twice in the Velocity Bar, although there were very fancy looking restaurants over two floors. The food at the bar was excellent! Totally surprised and the beers are about 500mL. I have stayed at 5 and (I didn't know existed) 6 star hotels (Palazzo Versace), and other than more marble and bigger chandeliers, I couldn't tell the difference.
The outlook probably makes this hotel affordable ($149AU I paid), as it is situated on the man-made airport island itself and is about 10 minutes away by shuttle bus). Despite that, I was on the 8th floor both times and had a great view of the golf course and the channel of water between the island and the mainland. I assume this is why it was reasonably quiet, with not many people around... but that suited me perfectly.
I don't care where i'm going next, i'll be making sure I stop-over here again if possible.

Room Tip: I would expect that higher up would be noiser, but on the 8th floor I only heard 2-3 aircraft.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Sweetie & I stayed the night when our UA flight was cancelled and we got put up here for a night with a comp'd lunch and breakfast. Great multilingual service at every juncture. Excellent lunch buffet: salmon sashimi, dim sum, dessert, great variety and int'l cuisines Asian and Western offerings. Except for salad, veggies were disappointing. Delicious breakfast buffet. free shuttle to MTR & airport with excellent service. We elected for a non-smoking room and single bed and got the alter-abled/disabled room - King bed, spacious room. Quiet! Takes awhile to get to and from HK Island and parts of Kowloon like TST but great sanctuary. Great for getting to and from the airport quickly.

Room Tip: Request non-smoking, you need to specify this if its important to you.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Marriotts premium hotel on Lantau is expensive by Marriott standards but reasonable for its prime location in Hong Kong. It's best suited for business travellers owing to the proximity to airport. May not suite well for a general family holiday as the hotel is far away from HK's shopping heart such as Tsim Sha Sui and as well far away from the places of interest in Kowloon.

Rooms are nicely themed and exudes luxury at every corner. The deluxe room I booked was abundant and luxurious with panoramic views of the seas. The dark-wood theme is eye-soothing and attractive. Room amenities are all top-notch and there isn't practically anything to have had complained about.
Front desk staff are extremely helpful and accommodating despite the long queues that cropped up during the check-in/check-out times.
I'd recommend this for a luxurious night-over stays for business travellers especially with plans to catch an early morning flight out of HK.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
buffalo, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed her in August with my husband and 2 kids, ages 8 and 1. When we arrived, very tired and with the baby screaming, I was worried about our reception because it seemed to be a business hotel. Well, a doorman and a bellhop met our cab, grabbed all our luggage, helped me set up the stroller and were so friendly to my kids. We checked in immediately nad it was the fastest check-in we've ever done. We got right into our room, and the baby's crib was all set up with linens and everything. So many times when you request a crib at a hotel, it comes hours after you arrive, and you have to set it up yourself, so this was a treat. The room was a good size and set up very efficiently. Wi-fi was easy to get going, the bathroom was beautiful and everything was super clean. We ended up eating dinner at the sports bar, which was kind of fancy looking. The host seated us ijn a quiet area, brought snacks out to my daughter right away and played peek-a-boo with the baby! We stayed 2 nights and it was the best service I've ever had at a hotel. As far as location, it's perfect! There is a shuttle bus that can drop you off at the subway and you can be anywhere quickly. HK disney is only 1-2 stops away. It was great to be so close to the airport for our flight because it allowed us a little more time to rest before we had to leave. Would absolutely stay here if I am ever back in Hong Kong. Enjoy your trip to beautiful HK!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Have always spent my time at HKK airport 'passing through', this time decided to stopover for two nights. Couldn't have chosen a better hotel! Everything was great - service, room, staff, business centre. No noise - slept well each night. Great friendly staff in sports bar & restaurant. Definitely no complaints at all.
Shuttle service fantastic - used it for airport as well as Tung Chung outlet mall.
Will stay here again and have already recommended this hotel to other colleagues.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I’ve been on this hotel on the night of Aug 19th in my way to USA. Service, room & food quality, and the business center are very good. Free shuttle to/from the airport is a plus. I really appreciated my stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have spent several nights on different occasions here and have always enjoyed the stay. We use the Marriott lounge with our kids a lot, where the staff is very supportive (provides baby chair and utensils etc). The rooms are very nice and clean and cribs are provided without any problem. Overall the staff is very friendly and helpful.
The location is nice, too. Even you aren't headed for the airport. The hotel provides a free shuttle to Tung Chung metro station from where you can easily navigate around HK.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!