“Almost Perfect!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui

You added Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.18 Hanoi Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #31 of 693 Hotels in Hong Kong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Almost Perfect!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

First of all, I would like to say a big thank you to a guy named Andrew at the Front Desk who was really nice, helpful and upgraded our room upon check-in. We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel from the impeccable cleaning service, services in general, the really strong rain shower / shower head, perfect AC temperature, really nice and big-sized king bed, big and comfortable bathroom. Also, the location is a big big plus. You just go down to K11 Mall for restaurants, supermarket and for MTR you just go to B3 and you are at Tsim Sha Tsui Station and I found that this station is perfect for our trip because all the connecting stations are the places that we wanted to go and we didn't need to change trains.
It is nearly perfect if it is not because of the wifi connection. It is really hard and slow to connect, which I would not expect from a country like HongKong. One reviewer said he was on business trip and the wifi is so crucial, I can imagine it is quite painful. When I was there, I didn't really need the wifi that much as I was on a holiday, however, sometimes I need to do a quick browsing and the wifi kept on disconnecting or just really slow to load.
I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I am on a holiday. Just a suggestion for the hotel to improve their wifi services in the hotel room and it will be perfect!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are quite nice and spacious.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Excellent location, right beside the mall with mtr station. Great room and love the walk in shower, view of the city as I was on the 17th floor. Minor inconvenience with the two lifts though. Lift from ground floor to reception and then another lift to the rooms. Excellent stay

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
XavierPech, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We appreciate your feedback on the elevator access, this is restricted due to hotel design. It is a pleasure to learn of your satisfaction with the location and overall hotel facilities. We were delighted to receive such recognition. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Nice Hotel, professional staff, great food - the concierge desk was quite stiff - I had a carton of some fine food stuff, they had packed it for me, but did not help me carry this to the front desk located a few floors below (via elevator), seemed strange...Other than this, no complaints.

Room Tip: Try and get a high floor for a better view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed on the grand club level. This hotel has none of the grand-ness of most hotels. Service was pretty good but a few more smiles would go a long way. Convenient location and in the heart of the action.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The first impression...when checking in they told me the room with king size bed I booked (and confirmed) is not available. So I had to upgrade to harbor front view with extra charge to not start my vacation with disappointment (other hotel provide free upgrades in this case).
They also charged my credit card later (after arriving home) for internet usage (which was provided for free usually). Apparently I was using the wrong button when connecting. Ok...why not just drop the charge and have another happy customer?

To also mention some good things here, the rooms size was nice for Hong Kong standard so was the view. Location is convenient even I would prefer to stay on HK island next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bowmanville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stay at this hotel twice per year while on business (about 20 days per year on average), and have always received superb service while staying here. Most of our business is conducted either within walking distance or on the MTR (Tsim Sha Tsui station is directly beneath the hotel/K11 centre), so the convenience can't be beat.

The staff at this hotel are always professional and have always striven to meet any requests I may have (like emptying the mini-bar) quickly, efficiently and pleasantly. I'm somewhat puzzled by some comments here about the staff being somewhat reserved. That's not reflective of the Hyatt...that's just how people in HK are in general. If you want that fuzzy, warm happy-go-lucky atmosphere, go to the Phillipines or Thailand.

It's true that getting into the hotel either from the MTR or street-level can be a tad confusing at first, but that is a function of how the building was constructed. Personally, I like having a mall beneath the hotel (especially since there's a grocery store there), and you can't beat the access to the MTR.

The rooms are excellent: well-appointed, always spotless and the beds are fantastic (one of the reasons I try to only stay at Hyatt's worldwide whenever I can). Getting a harbour view room on the higher floors (18-22) yield a fantastic view. Personally, I think the HK skyline is the best in the world. The Regency Club is very nice, with friendly staff and great service, plus a fantastic view of Victoria Harbour.

I haven't been to Hugo's or the Chinese Restaurant. The Cafe/Buffet has plentiful offerings, but the price isn't cheap. I'm not a huge breakfast eater, but the cost of the buffet almost compels you to overeat in order to get your money's worth. When I stay at the hotel during my summer buying trip, I usually go to Jason's Marketplace in the K11 to buy cereal etc, so I can save my company some $$.

All in all, I always enjoy staying at this Hyatt. I've stayed there 7 times thus far, and look forward to coming back in August.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour-view room, if available.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
XavierPech, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We appreciate your feedback on access to the hotel, this is restricted due to the building design and configuration. It is a pleasure to learn of your satisfaction with our location, overall hotel service and facilities. We were delighted to receive such recognition. Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to welcoming you back in August. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel offers excellent facilites, rooms, service, breakfast and amenities in a good central location. We enjoyed an excellent "western" breakfast each morning. Dinner options are a bit pricey but food is great. Room service food was good.

Room Tip: Great breakfast included in the room rate for us.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
XavierPech, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. It is a pleasure to learn of your satisfaction with the overall hotel service, food and facilities. We were delighted to receive such recognition. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.

Been to Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui? Share your experiences!