If you only use the hotel to sleep, then anything that this hotel is lacking is acceptable.
Small room but clean. Shower area was so small, that when you showered, you end up wetting the entire floor of the toilet. There's a coffee and tea set with the kettle, which was much welcomed. All our requests were settled, without any issue.
Area is near amnesties, mall and MTR. Walking distance to Ladies Market and Mongkok station too. At night, may get a bit quiet and lonely, but generally quite alright.
It is also near a halal certified stall--Roti King which served Indian food and the Pratas were really yummy.
Best about this is hotel is the shuttle bus service thy provided every hour to Airport Express, which took about 40 minutes as they need to pick up and alight passengers along the way.
If you are not particular, this hotel will just do.
- Also Known As:
- Dorsett Kowloon Hong Kong
- Hotel Dorsett Kowloon
- Silka West Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silka West Kowloon, Hong Kong is a value hotel situated in Tai Kok Tsui, a booming new city in Kowloon. The hotel has 141 rooms that are affordable. It is only 35 minutes drive away from the Hong Kong International Airport, 8 minutes to the Mong Kok East Train Station, 10 minutes away from the China Hong Kong Ferry Terminal and within close proximity to the vibrant district of Tsim Sha Tsui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Silka West Kowloon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.