I thought the room was considered big in HK context. There was just enough room for two of us with our two luggage. We were placed on the 17th floor; corridor was clean and lift lobby even smelled of cologne. Ensuite bathroom was adequate but don't expect to use the bathtub unless you're Asian size (which I am, and I still find it small). Room was cleaned and made up by each night when we return. So no complains. Everything in the room worked.
Service was basic. The receptionist spoke to us in Cantonese even though we initiated the check-in in English. That was rude but we let it go after she swiftly changed to English upon seeing our blank faces. The bellboy's face flashed irritation when we asked to take our luggage along with us to our rooms instead of waiting for them to send up to us. (I mean, what's the point when it's only ONE luggage for each of us?!). But otherwise, he didn't comment much. For the price I paid, I would have expected better service, but hey, we're on holiday, let's not make each other lives difficult.
Location was excellent. You will probably end up using the back door (where the drop off point is) more often as it is nearer to the MTR exit (just round the corner). Also just opposite are 24hours convenience stores: 7-11 and K-Circle. Also right opposite is a cha chaan teng that seems to be always crowded. Food was average to me though. And if you're thinking of queuing for the Michelin-starred Tim Ho Wan, the hotel is just a 5-7 minutes walk away (exit by the front and go pass the hospital, and turned the corner).
- Also Known As:
- The Cityview Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- The Cityview Hong Kong Hotel
- Cityview Hotel Hong Kong
- Cityview Hong Kong
- The Cityview Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- he Cityview does many things to help protect the environment. We conserve energy and water, reduce waste, and operate in a sustainable manner. Recently, the environmental performance of The Cityview has been recognised by EarthCheck; the travel and tourism industry’s leading environmental management, benchmarking and certification company. Based on the benchmarking assessment report from EarthCheck, in addition to having a Sustainability Policy in place, the indicators on Energy Consumption, Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Portable Water Consumption and Waste Sent to Landfill of the property are at or above the best practice level, which is an achievement to be highly commended. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, AsiaRooms, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel, Olotels, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your The Cityview Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.