“Not too bad overall” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Citadines Ashley Hongkong

You added Citadines Ashley Hongkong to your Saves list
Citadines Ashley Hongkong
3.0 of 5 Apartment Hotel   |   No.18 Ashley Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Ranked #177 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
3.5 of 5 stars 240 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
“Not too bad overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed in the studio with my hubby and lil baby. The hotel staffs were friendly and helped us with the luggage since we have a baby with us.

What we like about this place are:
1. Kitchenette area - really useful with a baby as we need to clean her milk bottles and bowls etc. It's definitely much easier with the sink. :)
2. Free WIFI - since wifi is limited in most shopping malls
3. Clean
4, Good location - walking distance to MTR and malls like harbour city and ferry terminals to Macau. Eateries and convenience stores are nearby too.

Would be good if they have laundry facilities in the hotel. While hotel rooms in HK are not very big, I think this is quite spacious as there is a mini study area where we can even open our luggage. The wardrobe is pretty decent too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Felix L, Manager at Citadines Ashley Hongkong, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest, Great to receive your short but supportive review here at Tripadvisor. A good and crisp review is always welcomed by all involved. Hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Our family of 5 ( kids age- 12, 9 and 3) stayed in this Apart'Hotel for a week using it as our home based whilst in HongKong.

RE- LOCATION: The location was perfectly located. Eateries surrounds this property, the train station was less than a 5 minute walk and the ferry around 10 mins. Great fine dining and walk-in dining around the area ( we loved the Macau Restaurant just one street down- try it...)

The breakfast was always the same everyday and it was a set type. Very average but enough to fill your empty stomach in the morning until your next meal. The coffee at the Barista is very good- that I would give the cafe a thumbs up. Our kids didn't mind the food as they had some simple choices from hot American and Asian foods.

RE- ROOMS: The Management allowed our number of family to stay in one studio premier room which had a queen bed and a double size sofa bed ( thanks again- this saved us money) . It was small in size but we were always out to even enjoy the room. But it has a self catering kitchen - no laundry facilities though ( but laundromat nearby) . The bathroom is also quite small but good enough, we had no problems. Not enough tv channels to entertain the kids but have a few English channels but again, we were hardly in the room. They have a DVD in the room too.

CONCERNS: There was a continuous noise from the air-con , not too bad ' but' for a light sleeper like myself, I couldn't sleep well.

The check in and check out was very smooth process. We asked them upon check out to call us a cab and it was a flat fee of $200HKG. Much cheaper if you were to hail outside.

• Stayed January 2013
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I challenged their "best rate guarantee" as I found a cheaper price in Wotif. A hotel staff replied me by an email and saying that it was a mistake by Wotif and he told the Wotif to take down the price so my claim was unsuccessful. I was not happy with his reply and sent him emails but he kept telling me that it was Wotif's fault, he even told me that he would arrange a basket of fresh fruits to show their sincerity ... which was totally forgotten in the end.

Then, I used their official complaint form in the website to explain what happened. A female staff emailed me that there was a difference in the terms & conditions. With Wotif, I cannot cancel after booking but with their website, I can. That's what she said. But it was "non-refundable" promotion, which means "no cancellation". Of course, I emailed her back about this. Next, she emailed me saying that Wotif charges on credit card on the day of booking, they charge on the day of arrival. It's non-refundable, what makes the difference to customers?

It's obvious that they dig up one of the tiniest differences in terms & conditions and refuse any of the claim. They can even force other websites to change the price if necessary. Best rate guarantee, what a joke!! Don't even bother put "Best rate guarantee" in the web, there is no such a thing.

By the way, you get "additional 50% off the lower comparison rate for your first night stay".

I was so angry with this situation but stayed for 2 nights with my wife & 1-year-old boy since we could not cancel...

We will NOT choose this hotel again because....
1. mold on portable baby cot
2. cannot adjust shower head (broken)
3. dirty socks in kitchen draw
4. some tv channels not work
5. no a basket of fresh fruits as promised (where was their sincerity)
6. don't feel clean in the room
7. kitchen sink drains so slow
8. fan in shower not working

I didn't expect anything great but those things were not acceptable.

Soon after I arrived back home, I got an email from Ascot group to do a survey.
I answered honestly with all my experience. One question was "Do I want to receive a reply from hotel regarding my survey anwwers & comments". I ticked "Yes" .... it's been more than a few weeks now .... They don't bother replying me or saying sorry!!

Should I use the complaint form again? No, I won't waste my time any more.

My advice: Don't try to beat hotel's price. if you find a cheaper else where, just book it immediately and don't expect anything good from this hotel except for the location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Felix L, Manager at Citadines Ashley Hongkong, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear TNI_33,

Thanks for taking time and effort to review us here, unfortunately, your review is also an equal: ‘OMG’ to me and our team. Certainly not in accordance to the kind of quality and value we pride ourselves to offer in return to our Residents. Hence, a thorough: apology is appropriate, which I like to hereby extend to you wholeheartedly.
In order to avoid a lengthy engagement here towards the various matters listed, may I suggest we take up a further exchange on your stay with me directly: ‘off-line’ via my email: felix.lo@the–ascott.com
Accordingly we can exchange matters in greater detail and understanding better.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

If u are on a budget, this is the hotel for u. The room was simple but clean, and even the smallest room came with a kitchenette area (with microwave and electric stove). Also, the room price usually includes breakfast for 2 and Internet. The hotel doesn't has a breakfast room but work with the cafe inside the building to provide set breakfast (basic, don't expect much). The location is great if u are in hk for food and shopping. It is near many eateries, harbour plaza, sogo, etc.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We booked this hotel thanks to the overall reviews we could read here. And I'm not disappointed at all. Location is perfect though it's no Central district, let's say that Kwoloon is the "Chinese" side and "Central" is the "Western" side. Well, that´s what I wanted and what I got, so great!
The premises met the expectations: small room according to the American standards though regular according to the European standards; ok, if you come along with much luggage you can be in trouble: 2 pieces, no more if you want to have room to walk :-). Everything in the room was updated and properly working.
We had breakfast included which is actually a voucher you can redeem on the 3rd floor café. The café is just ok to get something before get out and explore this beautiful city. Don´t expect a continental breakfast or great service though. On weekends it can be crowed from 9am on (Chinese like to have late breakfast).
We spent 3 nights there on Thanksgiving holidays. Our neighbors were quite loud and disrespectful so we complain and we were offered a room change that we didn´t accept because the neighbors were leaving soon. If you awake easily, you may experience some issues as long as the rooms´ doors slams easily and they´re noisy.
The staff was definitely very helpful though not all of them were good English speakers. There is no business center to check in but they let you take their own computer to check in and print your boarding passes. Don´t expect much more.
The location is great, especially if you like walking: everything is walking distance.
I´d recommend this hotel if you want an on-budget place for a few days.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here back in 1999 and it was a good value hotel then if not a bit tired. Form the pics I see the place is nicely renovated so better than 1999. The main benefit for this hotel was the proximity to Nathan Rd and lots of shopping. While at the hotel i was quite sick and the on staff nurse was very kind in providing anti inflammatory and pain killers. Great service overall.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Citadines Ashley Hongkong? Share your experiences!