“Burgers just the way you like it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gourmet Burger Union

Gourmet Burger Union
45-47 Cochrane St, Hong Kong, China (Central)
852-25810521
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,979 of 4,809 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Neighborhood: Central
Neighborhood: Central
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
“Burgers just the way you like it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Great (almost hole in the wall) place in Central, Hong Kong. For those burger people, this restaurant allows you to create your own burgers, from the type of patty, toppings, bread and sauces. But it also caters for those who just want to eat their burgers and dont want to through the whole process of making them. Either way, the burgers are delicious. I created my own double angus burger and it tasted great!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Jacksonville, Florida
“Good, small burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The burgers here were extremely tasty but small. After all the rice we were craving a burger and this place did a very good job. They are fairly pricey for what you get. The fries and onion rings were blah though.

Visited August 2012
London, UK
“Please don't waste your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

Anyone who has eaten at GBK in London or any burger chain in London come to think of it will be severely disappointed. Felt sorry for the staff. They were not rude but they were hopeless. I think he lady who served us had never operated a cash register before and she was taking orders as well as (randomly) delivering food and at one point went behind the counter to cook a few burgers even though there were two official 'chefs'. Menu looks inviting but the avocado was rock hard and my friend received a very very thin sliver of it for hkd 20 or hkd 25 (I forget). The cheese and meat burger itself were not bad but not amazing and very small and it turned out to equity an expensive meal where I was not starving but could eat a bit more. I realise they import their meat and I do not mind paying for this but it should be delicious not average. There is no clear ticket system about where to pick up your food or if it will be served (there was a mix when we went). Mgt need to implement a proper ticketing system (maybe electronic number and you go up and get your order when the chefs press the button) or else the chefs just call out the number like at Starbucks when your coffee is ready your name is called out. There needs to be some sort of system. The fries are terrible! Oily and dry and thin and not tasty at all.

Hong Kong, China
“Don't waste your time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I visited the branch on Wyndham Street. Very limited menu. Dirty restaurant, floor, tables. There was no one eating there when we arrived but the wait staff could not have cared less about serving us. I had to go to the counter to get service. There is a full bar in the front but when I asked for a glass of wine, I was told they could not serve wine. I could see at least 12 wine glasses on the rack next to at least 12 bottles of red and white wine but they apparently only have a license to serve beer, yet they had wine bottles behind the bar. Ordered a Greek salad- poorly made it was not a true Greek salad. The first set of real flatware came out so dirty we wiped it off ourselves. I asked for a 2nd set of metal flatware and the cook went into a metal bucket and pulled out the only metal flatware left - 1 fork and 1 knife and began washing them in cold water and without any soap. I was so repulsed that I grabbed some plastic flatware in a box next to the counter. The burger was nothing to write home about. I would be surprised if this restaurant lasts. Write an obituary for it now...it is headed for an early grave with this kind of service and food and hygiene. You have been warned.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“Dont even try!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

this place is really really really (another 10 or so) BAD.... better to stay hungry than eat here.

• Visited December 2011