“Good Food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delicatessen Corner at Holiday Inn Golden Mile - CLOSED

Delicatessen Corner at Holiday Inn Golden Mile
50 Nathan Rd, Basement 1, Holiday Inn Golden Mile, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)
852-23151020
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Saginaw, Michigan
“Good Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

I've eaten here a few times while in HK on business. After a few weeks over here, anything 'non-Chinese' is a real treat. I've never had a bad meal here...The place is very clean, the service is good and the food is excellent...To this American palate, very close to what I've had in Germany over the years.

I've had the schnitzel which I enjoyed, and most recently the sausage platter--which was not only a ton of food, it was delicious (4 different kinds of sausage--each one better than the previous one as I circled through them, a pretty good sauerkraut on the side, and a very well-made soft pretzel). My business colleague had the steak--he enjoyed it and cleaned his plate...He said the quality of the beef was okay, but the sauce was very rich and flavorful.

But after 2 weeks in the Mainland, I think the true highlight, albeit simple, was the bread...The girl comes around with a basket of 4-5 different kinds, as much as you want. After the garbage they pass off as "bread" on the mainland--it seems like it was the best bread I've ever had (although it really wasn't)--but as close to good bread I get back in the States. The brown bread was my favorite, with the sourdough (white) being a close second.

They also have a deli counter where you can purchase bulk meats, cheeses, pre-made sandwiches and some really good looking desserts.

I'll come back here again...Probably next time I'm in Hong Kong! Good food, reasonably priced, and a good place to get a western (non-Chinese) meal!

• Visited April 2011