“Efficient, comfy and lots of extras!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ovolo Noho - 286 Queen's Road Central

You added Ovolo Noho - 286 Queen's Road Central to your Saves list
Ovolo Noho - 286 Queen's Road Central
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.286 Queen's Road, Central | Sheung Wan, Hong Kong, China (Sheung Wan)   |
Ranked #24 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Gilroy, California
“Efficient, comfy and lots of extras!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I spent 10 days here in September and can I just say WOW! What a great value in Hong Kong. I agree with most reviews: this fairly new place is minimalist, yet stylish, the employees helpful and gracious. The extras were appreciated: loot bag with treats, all breakfasts yummy and filling, delish coffee, wine and beer each night for Happy Hour and treats/sodas all day long. Oh, and don't forget the minibar, all at no charge! Not too far a walk from the metro but if you take a taxi, have them let you off just past the entrance at the stoplight in the far left lane, get out and turn left, due to the sidewalk fence/barrier. Don't let the non-traditional entry and long hallway turn you off from the Ovolo's efficient and comfy property. And you will enjoy a good night's sleep in their fab beds! And you can do your laundry for free! I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We arrived at hotel via Cityflyer Bus A11. It was quite straightforward and very inexpensive. You need to get off at stop No. 4, walk a about 20 metres and enter the MTR entrance for Sheung Wan Station, about 4 small flights of stairs to concourse. Take the B exit, escalator which will bring you out at Des Voeux Road , cross road and you will see on one corner Starbuck's and the other Corner Bank of China, that is Hillier Street. Walk up Hillier Street all the way, one small set of steps before you hit Queens Road and bingo, Ovolo hotel across the road. Took about 10 mins and I was with my husband and three children each had a bag with wheels. Remember Hillier Street as it is your most direct link to MTR without bags use exit A2, which is even closer but only had stairs.

We had 2 interconnecting rooms, it was tight, smallest child slept with parents and other two children had a twin room next door. It was fine for us as we were out all day. Rooms were extremely clean, fresh and I found the bed to be very comfortable. The place has more of an 'adult' vibe rather than a family hotel but we felt welcomed and not out of place. My children are older and know how they should behave in shared space. More of a couples or singles, business hotel though.

As well documented all the freebies are great and the light breakfast is good to get you going in the morning, there is so much yummy food in Hong Kong didn't want to be loaded down with big buffet breakfast.

The staff are very friendly and hardworking. The lounge area is keep in perfect order. We stayed here for 5 nights. The location is great and only a easy 10 min walk to central, we walked to Peak Tram stop in about 20 mins.

High recommend and would return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed for 3 days in Sept.  Good location, not far from MTR station and nightlife spots. I liked the interior deco of the lounge and my creamy colored room.  Everything looked nice and new.
I also found the staffs to be very helpful when I needed to reserve transport and change my check-out time pretty last minute.  They also told me about the free breakfast on offer, which I would’ve missed otherwise because there are no sign saying about it. Hotel is pretty but there wouldn’t be a good atmosphere if staff didn’t perform and they do.
Overall I liked it and found it was good value for money. If traveling solo and want to be near Central I think this is one of the best options available.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at Ovolo Queens Rd for 4 nights and found it to be great value, comfortable, accommodating and a great location.

The staff were lovely, all the amenities and extras were fantastic from an in room loot bag to the managers helpfulness at breakfast, to the front desk staff so helpful and accommodating. One day I forgot to turn off my Do Not Disturb sign and didn't have my room cleaned. I spoke to the front desk staff prior to going out for dinner and asked if it was possible to have some of the fridge items re-stocked (which are all free). Not only did she re-stock with exactly what I asked but she also cleaned the room a little and tidied the bed linen etc. This was early evening so all housekeeping had left. I thought this was very sweet and epitomized the type of service I received here.

Although small, the room is so well designed. The water pressure and shower head were great, the bed was soooo comfortable, the toiletries were really unique and nice, the fridge was stocked with V8 juice and amazing mineral water, beer and bottled water. There was fruit in the breakfast / drinks area behind reception available all day and night.

There are good massage places close by, fantastic shopping within walking distance, McDonalds over the road and a Watsons pharmacy, a great Vietnamese restaurant on the corner and taxis very accessible.

I am definitely coming back and will be happy to make it my HK home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Torquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Tried hard to like this hotel. Nicely decorated, and good facilities including free gym and laundry. Short walk to soho and the mtr. Free breakfast(quite limited choice) and minibar plus free drinks from the bar!. Sounds great however the let down for me was a hard bed, very small room and the lighting in the minuscule bathroom was too dim. Better than average and value for money!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
The Hague
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Great location, close to Soho, LKF and Central Station. Rooms are small, but very efficient.. Free mini-bar (incl beer) and between 18:00-20:00 free flow of beer, wine, liquor and snacks!!! Free wi-fi which works very well.. Will definitely return even for a city-trip..

• Stayed October 2012
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I joined tripadvisor simply to rate this hotel. Normally I'd only do that if the hotel was HORRIBLE. But this one blew me away. This was, by far, the best hotel experience I've had in at least 5 years. And maybe the best or at least 2nd best I've ever had. I never do any free breakfasts, but did I did here, and I'm happy I did. Amazing. They had a free happy hour and a free mini bar in the room that was restocked everyday. They supplied two toothbrushes during my stay along with toothpaste. They had some pretty nice soap, shampoo, lotion, and conditioner as well. The shower was from heaven. There was Apple TV which worked wonderfully. And there's a small gym too!(I'm a fatty, so I didn't use it.) The hotel staff was extremely responsive and sent people up right away when I made a special request. They were completely attentive and smiling the whole time. It honestly could not have gone any better. Further, the location was amazing. Caught the Aiport Express to the Hong Kong station and then changed one train and rode one stop to Sheung Wan. It was a very short walk, and we were there. And the price was COMPLETELY worth it. If I ever get the chance to go back to Hong Kong, there is absolutely NO question about where I'm going to stay. I can't believe this place got even 1 negative review, but I guess you can't please everyone. Stay here. You will not regret it. And if you somehow do, blame yourself. :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ovolo Noho - 286 Queen's Road Central? Share your experiences!