“Great buffet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yamm at The Mira Hong Kong

Yamm at The Mira Hong Kong
118 Nathan Road | Tsimshatsui, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)
852-2315 5111
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #525 of 4,650 Restaurants in Hong Kong
4.0 of 5 stars 46 Reviews
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Laid back, relaxed and thoroughly delicious. Award-winning restaurant, Yamm, is serving the best of international flavors à la carte, a signature buffet, and an all-day local and regional selection.At Yamm, the award-winning buffets are testament to quality. Whether it is Tasmanian oysters, botan ebi shrimp or Iberico ham, it’s your right to choose.
“Great buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

It's happen when you are alone during easter and you want to eat crazily.
Went here for Sunday brunch.
Price 481 hkd.

The buffet is amazing for this price.
It is a real brunch..from breakfast meal to lobster.

Great variety of food, great selection.
Drink are included.
Just be careful to not eat too much..is not good for your health :) :)

Perfect Sunday: FIVE STAR!!

I highly reccomend this place for Sunday brunch.

GerhardAicher, General Manager at Yamm at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hi alessioflorence
Thanks so much for your wonderful review! I truly appreciate all your praises about our food quality and variety. I look forward to welcoming you again at Yamm or other restaurants at our hotel!

• Korean first
“Best buffet in town ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I really want to share this lovely dining experience with people who love to eat with style and quality (or may be quantity).

I want to yamm for buffet dinner, the decor is cool with style. Really love the idea of open kitchen, chefs cook my food to my personal liking.

Yamm serve international food, mixed with asian and western and seafood. It is load of choice on food, its include my favorites oyster, grilled lobster and parma ham. I love to recommends you to try lobster noodles, the sauce is so rich and yammy. The sweet corner is perfect for a me, full of choice, i love the traditional Chinese tofu sweet and freshly made (chef cook it in front of you) warn waffle with ice cream.

The service is great, the food refills is quick and food is hot, even the restaurant is so full of people. Staffs are friendly and look after us. Highly recommend !

GerhardAicher, General Manager at Yamm at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hi Yin yu Y
Thank you so much for your amazing review! We are thrilled to be described as the "Best Buffet in Town" and this is certainly the best motivation for us to do even better in the future. Can't wait to see you again.
Warm regards
Hong Kong, China
“Disappointing Brunch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I am a big fan of Sunday brunch and review on them on a regular basis, but this brunch was more than disappointing. But lets start from the beginning:
The salad buffet and dessert buffet were really good, especially the dessert, with a good variety of delicious macaroons, cookies, sweet tofu, ice cream, baileys cheesecake etc.
The seafood station is okay but nothing special and the oysters are very small and lacked of taste. I was very excited when I first saw they offer Egg Benedict, but this egg is far far far away of being a egg Benedict, it is simply a greasy scrambled egg without hollandaise sauce on a english muffin. How can you call that a Egg Benedict? Almost every dish on this side was very greasy and less enjoyable.
Yamm is offering a pasta and roast station, with lobster, fish, pork and beef. The beef war very tender, but the rest of the fish and meat was very dry and all the sauces had almost no flavor. They also offer free flow of sparkling wine with the brunch buffet.The wine was a bit on the sweet side, which is okay if you're a fan of sweet sparkling wine.
However, the brunch at Yamm is overall lacking of fresh products. Unfortunately, I spent a couple of hours in the bathroom after having brunch at Yamm, which made the whole dining experience even worse. I really don't know why they are not able to control the freshness of their products, but I won't recommend this brunch buffet at all. There are better places to go, like Whisk.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
GerhardAicher, General Manager at Yamm at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear MissKailiii
Thank you for your review. I am rather disappointed and feel sorry for not living up to your expectation. I have passed on your valuable input to our Executive Chef and will do everything we can to bring the quality back up to standards. I hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you and I also look forward to welcoming you at WHISK!
Gerhard Aicher
“High Class Decor, Low Class Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I was never really a big fan of buffets because they usually don't serve the best quality of food but there are a few buffets that are quite good for their price in HK. So first off, my husband got food poisoning - he went to the washroom 10+ times that night. For a buffet that charges you $700 HKD - that should definitely not happen and you would expect great quality and service. Well there is really one word to describe the Mira and that is CHEAP! There are only two examples I wanted to share with you:
1. The sea urchin (uni) was sliced into 4 quarters and each quarter was placed on a plate for guests. If you are a uni lover - you can imagine how small that would be. I was laughing when I got to the counter - are you kidding me. So for me to get a whole piece of uni, I would need to grab 4 plates? So how many times do I have line up for this? I was shocked!
2. The parma ham had to be distributed by a server and each person was only allowed to receive 2 slices of the ham. And the server would pick 2 slices with his gloved hands - like he was handing you a dirty sock gesture. Parma ham really? It is not that expensive!!!
3. (this one is a freebie) All the desserts have some form of gelatin in it - they were all rubbery - except for the ice cream =)
So, please save your money and go somewhere else!

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
GerhardAicher, General Manager at Yamm at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear JoJo_Reviews
Thank you for your review and I am very sorry to learn that your husband had an uneasy day following your recent visit at our Yamm restaurant. Please accept my sincere apology for the experience you had and please send our regards to him.
Rest assured that food safety is of highest priority and concern in our operation, placing great emphasis on the best of quality of our food and beverages here at our hotel. I can assure you that we have stringent procedures in place that allow us to provide every guest with impeccable food quality at any time. Please note that no other case has been reported so far by our guests but we will put this on our radar to track if any issue is being raised going forward.
I would also like to apologize for not being able to deliver the food and service level you came to expect from us. I will certainly work with our team to ensure our service level is brought in line with The Mira Hong Kong standards as you certainly find it elsewhere and at our property as many positive reviews constantly reveal.
Indeed, I appreciate your valuable input and I hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.
Randwick, Australia
“Enjoyed it so much, went back later that week.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Celebrated my partner's birthday here - could not be faulted. The service and food selection was impeccable. Enjoyed the experience so much that we went back a few days later, bringing seven others with us.

Visited January 2014
GerhardAicher, General Manager at Yamm at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Hi Tenakoe
Thanks very much for your review. My pleasure to hear that you and your family had a fabulous birthday celebration at Yamm and thank you for recommending us within your community. Happy Birthday to your parents and wish you all the best!
Warm wishes