“FANTASTIC !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W Hong Kong

Save Saved
You added W Hong Kong to your Saves list
W Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Austin Road West, Kowloon Station, Hong Kong, China (West Kowloon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SPG HOT ESCAPE
Ranked #15 of 581 hotels in Hong Kong
Kendari, Indonesia
“FANTASTIC !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

WO WO WO WO
stayed here during chinese new year 2013 ... amazing location , fantastic view , and connected with one of the best shopping mall in hong kong .

the lobby is very unique , very nice staff .. and the room was WOW !!! and the best thing of this hotel for me is THE POOL !!! AMAZING !!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Hello Ruffiole and thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear that your W Hong Kong stay was a WOW experience for you! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

1,564 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We dropped by HK after our 2012 Christmas/New Year holiday for 3 nights at W Hotel. It was chosen for the familiarity and convenience by my other half. Although I was doubtful as to how special this stay would be - it's only a hotel after all ... I really was happily surprised at what a great experience we had.

Checking in and out was painless, the staff friendly although there was a bit of a wait both times. The room was comfortable: good bed, many pillows, block out curtains, no noise issues (big plus as I'm a fairly light sleeper), and had no issues with servicing.

It was convenient to try out Ritz Carltons' Cafe 103 (which turned into a disappointment), and especially convenient to check in to our flight home as W Hotel is within Elements. We also enjoyed a great meal at Sing Yin, the restaurant down stairs which they use for room service (didn't see the discount card we could have used until after).

What tipped the scale and impressed me was the amenities provided by the hotel. Although it was too cold to swim, we went upstairs to check out the pool and gym area - very nice. One of the staff saw me sneaking around and gave me a private tour of the change/shower rooms - what service!

The only possible issues I could have would be the distance of the room to elevator (it was a bit like a maze), and the need to take 2 elevators to leave/return to the hotel room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Sxylai and thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to receive the feedback relating to your stay at W Hong Kong during Christmas and New Year period. Delighted to know you were pleasantly surprised with the hotel and we hope to have you back again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.
Saipan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I am living in a serviced apartment which allows access to the "W" Hong Kong rooftop pool (76th floor). The pools (swimming and spa) are both infinity pools and the edges seem to drop off the edge of the building. The hot pool faces the ICC and the western end of Victoria Harbour and even at night it is a stunning view.
The pool staff is always attentive and accommodating. They serve food and drinks as well. The food is ok but not great, but the view more than makes up for that.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hello Wolf M and thank you for taking time to write a review for us. I am glad you enjoyed the use of WET our 76/F outdoor pool but apologize that you felt the food served there was not as good as you might have expected. We are working to improve this and I do hope you notice the changes over time. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.
Athens, Gree
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

W's design is a love hate thing. I love it. If you prefer "old" hotels.....go somewhere else! :-)

I usually book into hotels located on the island so when I ended-up in Kowloon I started feeling uncomfortable. Luckily, it was one of those good mistakes cause the "Elements" shopping mall located right below the hotel provides you with everything from coffee shops to movie theaters; from (very!) expensive european brands to supermaket, etc.

If you worry about being away from the island, you are only a mtr stop away....

It's also great for running fans as you can either run in Kowloon or just take the mtr to the island and tackle the Peak.

The Gym is really really terrible so bring some running shoes!!

Room Tip: If you are into having a nice view from your room, you should ensure to ask for it when you book cau...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Hello Xo s and thanks for your review on TripAdvisor. We are certainly glad you took the plunge and braved the Kowloon side this trip. I am pleased and proud that you did not regret your choice! Regarding the gym, I would greatly appreciate any specific feedback as to why it did not meet your expectations. Please let me know at ww.hk@whotels.com and I will do what I can to make required improvements. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.
Wheaton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is a very modern hotel with all the amenities you could ask for... Wifi everywhere, great breakfast buffet, modern spacious rooms, etc. On par or above any new W Hotel in USA. Enjoyed my stay here, for a business traveler this is a pretty good spot. While not in the heart of town it is very good to use as a base for conducting business. The location relative to the train station is awesome. Mall attached is convenient for some exploring and eating. They even granted me a 4pm late check out on the day of my departure.. very handy to catch a late night flight. I travel quite a bit and this is one of the best spots.

I would absolutely return to this hotel the next time I'm in HK.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello Matt-Jode and thank you for your compliments. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed all our facilities, had great dining experiences, and well as our location. We look forward to your return visit soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you like hip and young sounds and spaces, you'll love W Hong Kong. It's chic, with modern decor and a young and professional crowd. It was pricey for me, but I only stayed for two nights.

PRIVATE SPACE: The room was beautiful; with sliding mirrors and doors with a generous and gorgeous view of the harbour from my room. I know some people did not like the fact that the washroom and the shower share one door (that slides). But I was alone and it was fine! I'm sure if you're a couple, you'll be comfortable with the one door covering. But if you're a family, it might be a bit strange. :) I liked the oversized bath; the rainforest style shower; and the BLISS products provided.

PUBLIC SPACE: The sound which others have been complaining about, really isn't that bad. WOOBAR is amazing and not too loud. I could have a decent conversation without screaming. They said they had Japanese whiskey on the menu, but really didn't. And ultimately, the lobby might be a little loud because of the WOOBAR; but truthfully I'm not sure why people are complaining! The space is for travellers seeking some fun.

CONS: The location and internet connection are my only complaints.

W Hong Kong is situated above ELEMENTS (a high-end mall) which connects to Kowloon Station (TUNG CHUNG LINE) and Austin Station (EAST RAIL LINE). This makes check-in and check-out easy if you take the Airport Express ($90 HKD, $12CAD/USD). But, if you want cheap finds or eats, you have to trek a bit. The TUNG CHUNG LINE and EAST RAIL LINE aren't exactly the most popular lines. The HONG KONG ISLAND LINE's Central Station is about 20 minutes from where we are; but there's a 700m underground walk from the TUNG CHUNG to HONG KONG ISLAND line. I come to Hong Kong quite often, so this was the tail end of my trip and didn't mind the isolation. But I'd imagine for others, you'd want to choose somewhere else.

And finally, the internet. The lobby and public areas are covered; ELEMENTS also provides 30 minutes of free wifi per day. However, your rooms are still charging you; $5USD for one hour, and $15USD for 24 hours consecutively. I find this rather strange after staying in Thailand and China, where wifi is complimentary. If you plan to do work here, make sure you buy an internet card from service providers and link it to your computer. Otherwise, expense if you are on business I suppose. Unfortunately, not all of us can do that.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hello Onepoorphdstudent and thank you for your valuable insight on Tripadvisor. I am please to know that you loved your room from views to the designs. I have taken all your feedback on board and I really appreciate you going into such detail. Regarding WiFi, I do understand your comments and have obviously had similar feedback from many guests. I am working at a more acceptable solution for our guests, but in the meantime would like to let you know that we do have a special wired plus package at HK$200 which includes high speed internet and breakfast at Kitchen which we hope may be of interest on future visits. We do hope that you would visit us again. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.
Beckenham, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip and really loved it. Handy location, without feeling too corporate.

The room was stunning, and I especially loved the lighting button... Bit geeky, but fun.

We ate there several times in the different restaurants and can recommend the 2 for 1 cocktails. Also the buffet is amazing despite seeming expensive at 1st - you will get your monies worth.

Staff were very friendly, but don't pass clothing by the pool as they will rush you out.

Also the station in the shopping mall below is really useful for the airport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hello Pippa H and thank you for your compliments made on TripAdvisor. It is a great encouragement to us that you loved our rooms and different restaurant s. We hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Been to W Hong Kong? Share your experiences!