“enjoyed it more the 2nd time - truly great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W Hong Kong

Save Saved
You added W Hong Kong to your Saves list
W Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Austin Road West, Kowloon Station, Hong Kong, China (West Kowloon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% OFF Suite Stay
Ranked #13 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Shanghai, China
“enjoyed it more the 2nd time - truly great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Second stay at the W, enjoyed it even more than last time.

You feel welcome the minute you walk into the hotel as the staff great you with smiles and a friendly attitude. Just love the Alice in Wonderland theme here and that W vibe you get around the public areas of the hotel

Lucky enough to be upgraded due to platinum status to a corner suite so great views and a very comfortable room, nice amenities too!

As others have written, is a little off the main street but the shopping and restaurants in the mall that adjoins the hotel provide all you need, plus if coming from the airport you just go upstairs from the Kowloon station and you are there.

I'll be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Hello ShanghaiPandas, we are delighted to hear of your wonderful experience during your return stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to W Hong Kong soon. Warm wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed at this place in October when travelling for work. The rooms were great and the service was better than I expected for a W hotel. The rooftop pool was big enough to do laps and not crowded in the morning, and the gym facilities were really good. Not a bad location either with rail station in the shopping centre below which made it really easy to get around for meetings and then out to the airport. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hello SebmSydney, thank you for the compliments in your TripAdvisor review, I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us, we have indeed got some great facilities at WET our swimming pool and SWEAT, our gym, delighted you enjoyed them. We look forward to welcoming you back again when you next visit Hong Kong. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

It is my 1st stay in WHotel & it is well recommended by my friend who work there. I had a 2N's stay in Fabulous Twin Glamorous room of W Hotel HK just 3 months ago.The 1st step through the main door was already amazing was because of the concierge staff who is really friendly and helpful.
I love the decor and all the atmosphere feel so trendy. I feel like a superstar =D
Love the elevator and the moment of step into the main lobby, the friendly staffs smile sweetly and greet you. Mr Jonathan the one who did the check-in for me, fabulously polite young man.

Love the whole atmosphere in the room. Had the sea & ferry port view from my room. the bathroom was the main highlighter. Very clean and neat. Have a bathtub but didn't have the chance to use it.But one of the most annoying thing is the Rainshower knob, it was hard to turn it on/off when your hand with soap, i need to use the towel to turn it on/ off.

Strategic location ever. You just need to walk outside and Elements Mall is just in sight. Subway will be down there. Airport Express Line also available there. Very convenient for me as i need to catch my plane on the last day of my stay.

Love the shuttle bus service too. Very efficient but need to book in advance as it only a Toyota Alphard type of coach. I had enough time to spend my time in the pool which is on the 76th floor as early as 7am as the pool opened at 6am daily.

Woobar was fantastic. Love all the photos and the food was great too. Ms. Valerie greeted me and she is the most polite and delightful staff in Woobar ( that's what i saw ^^)

Thanks Klein Lau, my friend who did a great job as a my tour guide in the hotel. Visited Bliss Spa, SWEAT gym, Functions Room. He did a great check-out too =3

Keep up the good work~ Love WHotel HK. I will come back again for more =)

Next destination? W Retreat Koh Samui because i fell in love with WHotel Worlwide already =)

P/s: The art of the Mosaic tiles for the WET pool wall and the front desk area is fantastic!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Hello Vivi_An1989, thank you for taking the time to share your experience; I am delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us at the W Hong Kong and most aspects met your expectations. I and my Director of Style are working on a solution for the rainshower knob issue you mentioned and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please accept my sincere gratitude for the valuable time you have taken to share your experience with us, and I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back to our World of W in the very near future! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The W Hotel in Hong Kong is a very nice, new high-rise hotel with lots of conveniences. It should be noted that due to its location, it's not in the "heart" of downtown Hong Kong so you won't walk out the door into the center of everything, but there are a lot of pluses that out weigh that fact.

First, the rooms are great, modern, exactly what you'd expect from a good W hotel, and we had a great view of the water and could see the HK skyline between other buildings. The service is good, and with the W you're not going to get Four Seasons/Peninsula style service, but it was more than adequate. We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet as well.

But what makes this place distinct is its connection to the Elements Mall. Normally being near a mall is not something I'd want, but in a place like HK it turned out to be a blessing. The mall is MASSIVE and has loads of restaurants that are good for every meal of the day. Additionally, there's a train stop in the mall that either gets you to downtown HK in one stop, or to the Airport via the Express. And to top it all off, there is a free shuttle service to the heart of Kowloon where the Peninsula is.

So, all in all we had a great experience and really appreciated the conveniences of food and transportation that the W provided. If we had all the money in the world, we'd probably stay at the Peninsula or Four Seasons, but at a lower price point (and we actually used Starwood Points), the W is a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ValerieChan, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hello Dansac, thank you for your great review! We are very happy to know you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel. Our location is convenient via public or private transportation so that you can really experience Hong Kong. Thanks so much for writing this. We hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

So the Lobby is like a nightclub and woobar is ... meh!

But the Rooms are GREAT, the Service is very attentive.
If you skip the reception by going to the 7th instead of 6th the experience is soooo much more relaxing.
Excellent Bathrooms.
The Kitchen is great!
Rooms are very functional. I like it!

Check in and check out is a little confusing.- On arrival we were two, for two rooms, but the YOUNG girl assumed we were in the one room... you know what they say about assuming...., I received the wrong portfolio for another guest checking out... silly again... Too worried about being hip and trendy to worry about what we really need.

I know I will stay there again... on the airport express at the Kowloon station. Excellent shopping in the mall attached, in-town check in for airport. seriously ridiculously convenient.

Room Tip: Fabulous room type. High Floor! Corner room if you want a splurge!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear petitebrioche, we are glad that you appreciated our convenient location and services at W Hong Kong. As you know, at W we strive to create a unique atmosphere while doing our best to strike a balance between what many W customers want and what may irritate others. We will continue to strive for this, and thanks for the feedback – it really does help us to keep a balance. I sincerely apologize for the shortfall you experienced during check in and check out, and I have addressed this with our Welcome Manager to ensure that this bad experience will not occur to our guests again. Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and we look forward to seeing you back at W Hong Kong on your next trip. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Simply one of the best hotels in Hong Kong. Incredible attention to details for a very reasonable price. We only spent three nights but everything was perfect. From the moment you step in the hotel, you feel very welcome, the staff were fantastic and very helpful especially Terry from concierge and Francis from check in desk. The rooms are spacious with great view, make sure when u make reservation that you mention if you prefer smoking or non smoking room. One criticism is wifi wasn"t included in the price. But we will still come back because of the whole great experience with W.

• Stayed November 2012
Hello Gary27w, thank you very much for your insightful comments. We are especially glad to know you find our talents helpful! Regarding the WIFI, we offer complimentary WIFI connection on our 6th floor where you can surf while you dine & wine; on the other hand, we do have some value-added packages available at your choice, and one of them includes breakfast and internet access. Feel free to let me know if you want to know more about the package. We look forward to your return here! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have stayed at a few w hotels in Asia and always has an amazing time. I was at a meeting near the w hotel on Thursday the 22nd November at 6 so decided to take clients to the woo bar.
The bar was in a state of disarray when we arrived, drinks took a long time to come and staff dry very scarce. Terse replies from bar staff. Bar Unclean and un replenished looking. Spoke to the receptionist to ask if the manager was available and she grudgingly called someone then seemed to lose interest and go onto other tasks without a reply. I was pretty un satisfied with this and write to the hotel, who replied 10 days later with a fairly generic ' sorry' email.
I really do like the w and the Sunday brunch is amazing, I hope that the management read this and perhaps keep a closer eye on the bar as it is the ' window' of the hotel to people who are not guests.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ValerieChan, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for brining this to my attention TadgeHongKong. Firstly I hope you will accept my apology for the poor service you received at WOOBAR on November 22nd. This is unacceptable and I have addressed this with the manager of the venue. Secondly, it is not our usual practice to respond to guest feedback after 10 days with a generic type letter. I have investigated this morning and knowing the chain of events that led to this, am confident that the refresher training now given to the talent involved will ensure our response to similar guest feedback in future will be faster and more personalized. Thanks again for sharing your feedback. Sincerely, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Been to W Hong Kong? Share your experiences!