“OK if you not expect too much!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Free Walker Guest House

Free Walker Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hong Kong
Free Walker Guest House
You added Free Walker Guest House to your Saves list
No.83 Argyle Street, MonKok, Hong Kong, China (Mong Kok)   |
Ranked #71 of 162 Hong Kong B&B and Inns
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“OK if you not expect too much!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I did not know about this guesthouse at all before I stayed in on 30/11/2011. I travelled with my husband and two small kids. I walked around the building and found this guesthouse and went to the counter to ask for a view to a room. The first impression was clean, and the lady incharge offer me a quart-room by paying triple room price, without second thought, I agreed to stay for 3 nights.

Pros:
- Clean (but under the beds were a bid dusty)
- have enough space to fit in our two big luggages, few cupboards with many drawers are good for us to place our things.
- water pressure for shower is great
- good location
- The water boiler and small fridge were useful to us.
- Clear room rubbish everyday, provide extra towels and toilet paper generously.

Cons:
- Food smell from ground floor will come to room
- Even have a big window, it cannot open, we have no choice but to on the aircond even the whether is more suitable to open the window.

Room Tip: Do not leave valueable in room while away, they will go in to your room for cleaning or off lights a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Thai first
beijing
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

The location is nice, close to the ladies market, and the price was comparable to other hostels in the area. The room was clean.

We went out for dinner and came back to find the hostel was locked... we couldn't reach our room. We called the number posted on the door and noone answered. After about five minutes we found someone to let us in.

As soon as we walked in we realized that someone entered our room while we were out. We had taken all of our valuables with us so nothing was missing but the aircon had been turned off via the switch on the wall. We left it going on purpose so the room would be cool when we returned.

The unbearable part was the heavy metal band that was in the recording studio next door. It sounded like they were in the room with is. We didn't mind earlier in the day, but approaching midnight it was more than too much.

280$ for a room with three single beds for my husband and I. The price was the only thing that was right but we've had better and paid less in the week that we've been here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
THA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

We staying there on a few days ago.Rooms that I've got NO WINDOW / Bloom & Cabin left in front of our rooms /--When we're come back from out-side ,
seems like one of my friend,her luggages are messy &our blanket not messy as before...so we think it somwthing strange..the second nights,we try to see it again...LUGGAGES WAS OPEN in every luggages.......So,we're NOT RECOMMEND YOU ALL TO STAY HERE...dangerous, & unsafe foryour trip /as we see other guest house on that building,HERE IS HORRIBLE!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2008

January 2008 I have been preparing for a trip to hongkong for me and my son and our friends for April of 2008. In the process, I frequently visit trip advisor site. I came across someone recommending nice hostels in hongkong. To make the long story short, after checking out several hostels and hotels, I decided to book a stay in Freewalker Guest House for 2 ngihts through the owner Anne via email. I was apprehensive at first but the price and the location was hard to resist considering that we were on a budget.

At first glance I didnt like the look of the building. There was a misunderstanding on our check in time sine we arrived at 2 am in the morning but Anne was very accomodating and made a way for us to have rooms. The rooms were very clean and very comfortable. The bathroom was small but clean and had hot and cold shower. Anne was so friendly and provided for us drinking water and coffee. I would definitely recommend it to everyone who is travelling on a budget to hongkong.

• Liked — value for money and clean and comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — staff know little english
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Free Walker Guest House? Share your experiences!