“Not a hotel – hardly Sardines can” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus

You added Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus to your Saves list
Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.11 Morrison Hill Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong, China (Wan Chai)   |
Offers & Announcements
Extra 10% discount
Ranked #261 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
3.5 of 5 stars 172 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Not a hotel – hardly Sardines can”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Not a hotel – hardly Sardines can

220$ per night for 18 m2

Don’t bring a suitcase with you; you will not be able to open it

Don’t think to have breakfast, unless you want to feel in a submarine

Ah, if you want to call reception, forget it, there is no phone in the room

Don’t think of a shower, it is a joke, open shower to the room ,,,,,,,,,,

Room Tip: don't do it ,,,,,,,
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
J Y, Manager at Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comment with us.

We understand your concern of our room size and facilities which does not meet with your expectation. We always believe providing the facility is only part of it to meet the guest’s requirement. But how Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus could provide more value to you is “SERVICE” by OUR PEOPLE and to exceed your expectation. Only your constructive comments will allow us to improve.

We sincerely hope this experience does not impair your trust in Rhombus hotels and hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Beijing, Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Istayed here for two nights and with the location saved me a lot of hassle, service was great, no wifi (they have internetcable in room,incidentally didn't bring my computer that has a plugin) in rooms but has a coffee room on the 3rd floor which is nice. They actually give you a cell phone for calls in hong kong which is another added bonus. If you have trouble finding it it's right beside the "Nan Yang hotel" South pacific hotel. In this area it's a really decent price.

Room Tip: Rooms don't waste space! :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
J Y, Manager at Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear valued guest,

We thank you for your continued support and hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Denpasar, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for one night with hope i might extend the stay and i found that hotel is just enough for one day stay only. Arrived there in the middle of the night with cab and since not so many people speak or read english, i have trouble to locate it and to call hotel still did not worked, finally arrive there after long walk and im surprised its hided between all those building, but front office help my book pretty easy and take me to my room, it is very very small, the bed are not really comfortable, there's no internet so i decide not to extend my booking. It is true that its located in the central, i found it easy to walk around town and all shopping mall but there's plenty of hotel which u can also view it as optional choice, and the price of this hotel is somehow ok for that service. but i might want to explore other hotel and hopefully hotel bonaparte can improve the service and make more offer for people who will consider. thank you by the way for the staff, they did a good job.

• Stayed March 2013
J Y, Manager at Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment with us. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve the quality of our products and services to better meet the needs of our guests. We are sorry to hear that you did not extend your stay with us due to internet issue. Please be informed that our hotel do provide in-room broadband internet service or WIFI internet access at the Rhombus Lounge on the 3rd floor at cost. Out Guest Service counter is more than happy to provide you more information about our hotel service on your forthcoming visit to Hong Kong. Again, thank you for your patronage and compliment to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus in the not too distant future.

Klang, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

enjoy my two night stay in this hotel.the location is good. Restaurant and shopping area is just beside and near to the hotel. the room is really small even not easy to place a luggage.
the toilet door is totally transparent,not convenience to share a room with friend,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
J Y, Manager at Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comment with us. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve the quality of our products and services to better meet the needs of our guests. Kindly be informed that we do provide in-room curtain for shower room which is on request basis. We thank you once again for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus.

macao
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

As many other reviewers has mentioned, the rooms are pretty tiny. Even for a small Japanese girl used to small unit apartments in Tokyo, the rooms here were a bit shockingly small. Air conditioning was very good, I had to turn it off at night because it was too good, room was clean and neat. Bathroom was... very small, there is no shower curtain between the shower 'place' and the toilet, the whole toilet will be wet after you shower. Water pressure was very enough. There was no phone in the room, but the receptionist gave me a cellphone to use during my stay - pretty innovative thought!

BUT, they had the worst guest service ever. I have stayed at different hotels in Hong Kong / both more expensive and cheaper options but I have never had any "service" like this. Thanks to Karen, I will never stay at this hotel again. If you want to experience bad bad service, try this hotel. (Oh, other staff at check-in was pretty nice, its just this one girl at check-out... still, I'm not risking another bad experience. Never staying again here)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
J Y, Manager at Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are most concerned with the satisfaction of all our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. It allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we want to offer our guests. Please accept my sincere apologies for the unacceptable service our staff provided to you in our hotel. Rest assured that additional training will be given to our staff to prevent this from happening again. We hope this unpleasant experience will not deter you from patronizing us again and we look forward to seeing you at Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus in the near future. Meanwhile, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed in Bonaparte Hong Kong. Before I arrived I got a good deal through trip advisor and tried to request a quiet room and a double bed. The price is for room only so no discount for a single traveller.I booked the room and a few days before my arrival I emailed my request which was dealt with and accepted. On my arrival in the evening I was given an upgraded room.The decor of the hotel is very nice like a boutique hotel. The card to my room, which was on the 23rd floor, the card has to be swiped i the lift to take you up, it is not possible to get out at any other floor. I agree the rooms are small but we are in Hong Kong where space is a t a premium, The air con was excellent, also the lighting was good, there was a good TV mounted on the wall and electric blinds. Elaine the receptionist was exceptionally helpful with directions and getting me installed on the 3rd floor wifi cafe The room was clean with lovely sheets and towels.The shower was excellent.As a lone female traveller I felt safe as the security is tight. The wifi is available in the room for 20HK$ a day or on the 3rd floor (for the price of a drink free wifi), I found this room uncomfortable as the bar stools are too high, why aren't there normal hight tables and chairs? It is a shame that there are no phones in the rooms but I was offered a mobile phone but calls would be charged so I declined! There was a mini bar which was handy for using the fridge. I didn't eat at the hotel as it didn't seem to have much in the way of facilities. I ate out which was no hardship especially as I found a lovely baker not far away and had their delicious custard tarts, a must do for Hong Kong! The area was excellent for getting around and I felt safe there, it was easy to get a taxi to Central (35HK$ =£3 cheap and plentiful) which is the hub Star Ferry, the trams (you can get a tram lose to the hotel) and buses and the airport express.On my last day the hotel stored my case for free and on my return one of the staff took me outside hailed me a taxi and loaded it in the boot and wished me a safe journey with a wave goodbye. Excellent thank you Hotel Boneparte

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
J Y, Manager at Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We were very pleased to read that you appreciated the assistance of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we are strive for everyday. Your kind words have been passed on to our teams and particularly to Ms Elaine Lau who made your stay a pleasant one. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Again, we thank you very much for your patronage and look forward to to having you back with us at Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Definitely not for business traveler, I stayed there for 18 days at the executive suite. Poor air circulation, no Wifi, no phone in the room. One Saturday evening, they use glue to add a piece of steel on the luggage cabinet. The whole room was filled with the smell of the glue (as I said, very poor air circulation), and the hotel manager told me they need to upgrade the cabinet on Monday morning. I asked him to reschedule because I am allergy to chemical, he told me he will need to call the contractor on Monday. The next monday, 20 minutes before I had to leave for an appointment, I was informed that they must enter my room, so I had to pack and move to other room. It is ridiculous, but he insist that they got contract. So I packed in a hurry and rush out for my appointment, and when I returned, my luggages were in the reception because I have to wait another hour for another room to check out. That night, I couldn't find my night guard (custom made for USD200+) which I need for sleep. They searched but cannot find it. I moved to another hotel the following day.

Room Tip: I had the top floor executive room, but still poor condition.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
J Y, Manager at Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for bringing to our attention the problem you have encountered during your stay in our hotel. I truly regret that we didn't handle things better and have followed up with my team to ensure such a situation does not recur. Your comments have certainly raised many areas of concern that need to be addressed and will inspire us to strive harder for our future guests. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that caused you. We sincerely hope this experience does not impair your trust in Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus? Share your experiences!