I booked this hotel directly via email. What I noticed is that if you are still inquiring and trying to book, they are very accommodating. Once the sale is closed, the emails were less frequent.
Anyway, the hotel can be pricey, but you have to consider it is HK after all. A similar room in BKK or TPE should have cost you less than half of what we paid. It was about US$100 per night, or even more. If you have NW/Delta miles, you can get it though for 17K miles.
Pluses - The Filipino staff in the cafe are all friendly and made sure we felt really taken care of. Flat TVs mounted on your wall, to save space too. Again, it is HK. Shower has power. My request to have the two single beds put together was granted. The cleaning lady was courteous. And my fave, your hotel room does not have a phone. Instead, you get a cellphone which doubles as your room phone. Free local calls, I think. Ask. Close to bakeries, street food stalls and 7 11.
Deltas- A tram ride away from Causeway Bay and Wanchai. You can walk, but it would take about fifteen minutes. There is a short cut via the wet market, to go to Causeway though. Also, it is really small. If you are not too skinny, spend more on extra space. We had to store luggage under our bed. Sink is outside the bathroom. Even for two people, traffic inside the room can be a problem.
All in all, it was ok. You cannot smoke inside and we had to take the elevator to go outside the hotel. Frontdesk may make you feel unwelcome, as they seem to be perenially busy. If you need to ask for directions and the receptionists are arranging reams of paper, head to the cafe, push button to open door, and ask the Filipino staff who will be happy to answer all your questions.
If you are on a tight budget, check hostels instead. If you like what you see for $100 a night, then go ahead. Bonaparte was an experience too, with its fancy lights inside the room and the view which can give you mixed feelings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An award winning micro deluxe boutique hotel property, Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus' commitment is a distinct focus on your personal well-being. From the moment you step into the hotel's intimate and peaceful lobby, you can relax and be rest assured that your every need will be our pleasure to fulfill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bonaparte By Rhombus Hotel
- Hotel Bonaparte By Rhombus Hong Kong