“Great hotel, great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ovolo Central - 2 Arbuthnot Road

You added Ovolo Central - 2 Arbuthnot Road to your Saves list
Ovolo Central - 2 Arbuthnot Road
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.2 Arbuthnot Road, Central | Central, Hong Kong, China (Central)   |
Special Offer
GET READY TO PARTY!
Ranked #15 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
4.5 of 5 stars 359 Reviews
Perth, Australia
“Great hotel, great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Our first time in HK....my husband and I decided to stay over for 2 nights en route from Europe ....we arrived on a very early morning flight so we checked in early, our room was ready, and we were able to catch up on some sleep before heading out to explore the city....great start, and staff were very accommodating. Our room was on the 20th floor so was nice and quiet, no traffic noise, modern and so comfortable in every way! Great to have a little bag of snacks, free mini bar, all the tv channels anyone would want, fast wifi.......also good to have free laundry and breakfast facilities provided! I left my cosmetic purse behind but the efficient staff contacted me by email and arranged to post it home to me....much appreciated! Thanks and 'well done' to William and his team for such a great stay....we'll be back!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've stayed at this property thrice in quick succession over the last few months, and it has been a consistently outstanding experience on all occasions. It's a great business hotel - very thoughtfully done for a business traveller, and we got great value for the price paid as well. William Condon is a super hotel manager - on the last occasion, I was running terribly late from my last meeting, headed to the airport, and while I had checked out, I still needed to get back to the hotel to pick up my luggage en route. As always at peak hours in HK, getting a taxi where I was was proving to be a nightmare, so when I called the hotel, they sent a pre booked cab with my luggage loaded into it to where I was stranded. If that wasn't delight enough, when that taxi was held up in a spot of really bad traffic, William actually offered to intercept the taxi, get my luggage out and meet me directly at the train station (since taking the taxi to the airport would have meant possibly missing my flight!) and reunite me with my bags! Luckily the taxi did arrive, and I did make it in time, but I don't know any hotel manager anywhere in the world that would have offered to do as much. More power to William and his kind!

All the staff is really nice, and every single person does everything they can to make the stay comfortable. I strongly recommend this hotel. The breakfast is very good, and what it misses out on not having a large and opulent reception area, it makes up for with large rooms, freebies and a really hospitable staff. Love the cute Loot Bag.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Many thanks to William Condon and his team for an excellent stay at Ovolo Hotel. I had previously stayed in the Melbourne Ovolo so knew it had great style, but 2 Arbuthnot Rd was outstanding.
I stayed with 3 of my friends and we were in 2 rooms - the only ones on the floor. This meant we could keep the doors open and go freely between rooms.
The rooms were awesome - spacious and well stocked with toiletries, free nespresso machine, free mini bar and free wifi. The inclusive breakfast was excellent for getting you through the morning (esp. muesli trifle), but the highlight of our stay was the service.
All the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful - nothing was a problem - even extending our stay by a night unexpectedly due to Typhoon Usagi. They helped us get cabs and explained to drivers where we wanted to go, and made recommendations on things to do and places to eat.
William, the manager ,deserves special mention because he was outstanding! William spent considerable time with us to give advice on how to get places, things to see or avoid, gave us his mobile number and took our calls (!) and even made dinner reservations for us one night when we did not know where to go. Not once did William make us feel like we were taking up time in his day and was happy to chat. I think the example William sets is obviously followed by the rest of the staff.
I will definitely stay at the Ovolo Hotels again and would highly recommend the 2 Arbuthnot Rd hotel to anyone.
Thank you William and team.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Just book it you will absolutely be satisfied. Nothing for families with children it's to small. Lovely staff free happy hour every day. No problem with reservations and recommendations to different restaurants and shopping departments. Breakfast is in a small bar by the entrance of the hotel. The choices was very limited and did not taste very good. We choosed to just eat what we liked and took an early lunch instead.
Rooms only have singlebeds so if you are traveling with a Co worker be prepared for this or book separate rooms.
All rooms have apple tv but it only works if your account is allowed in Hongkong.
A very nice feature is the laundry room behind the reception where you can do your own laundry for free if nessesary.
And to say something about the hotel manager William, such a great guy I travel a lot but without a doubt he is the absolute best manager I have had the pleasure of meeting.

• Stayed September 2013
Singapore River, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed here for the first time in Mid September and was very impressed. They have put the interests of their customers ahead of the usual brand-name hotel "make the guest pay for every little thing" approach and it really pays off. Little things are provided for free : wifi, multi-region power adapter, iron+ironing board, Apple iTv, PS3/X-box, free mini-bar including alcohol ( which my HK-based friends couldn't believe), breakfast in the room or in the cafe downstairs. I appreciated the "loot bag" on arrival at 10pm. It always annoys me to have to pay through the nose for a simple chocolate bar and a juice. The fact that they provide these things for free generates a great deal of goodwill at very little cost to the hotel. Its location one street above LKF means that its close to the entertainment area without being noisy. By staying here, I was able to walk to every meeting I had in Central. I will stay here in HK from now on if I can and have recommended it to my colleagues. Oh - and its a very nicely appointed room with a great bathroom. Only thing the hotel is missing is a reception area large enough to have meetings but that is far outweighed by the advantages.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I chose this hotel based on trip advisor reviews and was not disappointed. The room is large by HK standards & so is the bath. I  was delighted to find that the hotel has thoughtfully installed power socket adaptors in the room & i wonder why more hotels don't do it.  The room has Apple Tv & and while I did not use it-I think it's a great idea for me to to be able to use my own Apple Id to access my own entertainment source. Free wifi in the room means I could connect all my digital devices to wifi. Further they also provided a wifi password that I was able to use to log into public wifi networks while away from the hotel. And note that the room has a Nespresso machine and All contents in the room minibar are free.

Breakfast is served at an adjoining cafe-simple but wholesome options & friendly service. Staff at Hotel reception are also very good,friendly & efficient.

The hotel is near the bars of the Lang Kwai Fong area and it is a 10m walk to most offices in the Central region.

Sound from the bars does drift up so if you are a light sleeper that may trouble you.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Guam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I am a sucker for the little things in life and it is exactly those little things that endear me to Ovolo.

Little things like free internet (and hotspot access around the city!); free mini bar (free water!); quality toiletry items (Malin and Goetz!); comfortable slippers (the ones you actually want to take home!); free tote bag; smoke free facilities; and of course, free breakfast. Each item in itself does not cost much, but most other hotels do not ever include. This shows an eye to detail and customer service.

The only reason I have not given Ovolo a 5 star is its location. Yes, technically it is in Central, but it is up a hill. Going down is no problem. It is coming up. But then again, taxis are cheap and plentiful, so not that big of a deal afterall. It is in the Lan Kwai Fong neighborhood, so be sure to select the higher "super shiny" floors. Even at 26th floor, you can faintly here the bar activities until 3am. So if you are a very light sleeper, be forewarned.

The hotel is just around the corner from a famous "egg tart" bakery. Lots of eateries.

I would stay at Ovolo again and recommend it.

Room Tip: Higher floors a must if you are a light sleeper.