There are lots of things to like about this hotel: the location is optimal, the Club Lounge is quiet with a great happy hour food selection. But it is the service which is outstanding.
Unlike many China hotels, this one just gets it spot on:
- Attentive without being annoying
- Eager to please
- Efficient but friendly
I think the last time I encountered this level of consistent service was at the InterCon Hong Kong, so not a bad comparator.
The only downside of this hotel is the decor which seems to have aged before it's time...
If you are ok with that, then this is a good choice. But I have also heard great things about the Crowne Plaza Riverside...maybe next time?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Chongqing is located right in the heart of bustling and rapidly developing City of Chongqing where the 2 rivers meet, the Jialing and the world famous Yantze. Ideally situated close to all the city landmarks, shopping, restaurants, bars, markets, here you can easily walk everywhere as you are in the centre of town. The Chaotoimen Port is 5 minutes by car for joining or alighting onto the Yangtze River Cruise Boats and or visiting the City's amazing Urban Planning Museum. It is also an easy taxi ride to the Three Gorges Museum and People s Assembly Hall. Other local sights by car are Ciqikou Ancient Town, Tianchi Lake and Hongyan Revolution Memorial Hall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Chongqing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Chongqing Hotel Chongqing