“terrible experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of World Traders Hotel

Save Saved
You added World Traders Hotel to your Saves list
World Traders Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.118 Zhourong Road, Yuzhong District, Chongqing 400011, China (Jiefangbei)   |
Ranked #29 of 1,788 Hotels in Chongqing
The Hague, The Netherlands
“terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

we stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, we paid RMB2000, it's not very expensive, but I'm sure for this price I could get much better hotels.
The room was full of smell, I didn't know how long they didn't clean the carpet ,the bed the pillows , the towels, especially the bathroom, everywhere could see the dirt and dust. I could not sit on te sofa in my room: I felt something bite me, sometimes also on the bed. Too noisy to sleep there: my room was on 15th floor, but at midnight the non-stop noise of the cars was so clear even I coud hear the tv. In the hotel everywhere allow to smoke, even in the lobby,in the restaurant, in the lift even in the room. And the terrible is the first day I hang the sign "DO NOT DISTURB" on the door, but somebody still went into our room to clean up half of our room: they only tidy up my bed, the glass I used they didn't wash, carpet never clean : I could see the rubbish from last night i dropped. But the most important was : COULD NOT TRUST.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

The room is nice, modern, noisy in the low levels (<10F) with only 3 foreign TV channel. Sanitary are old.
Room cigaret smell is really bothering and they have no non smoking floor.
Impossible to have my room changed, even if they say ok on the morning on the phone, the reception says no on the afternoon.
Breakfast very Chinese.
Next time I will try another one.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

the world traders hotel is a perfect place to stay in chonqing .. it has a central position in Chonqing...staff are very competent and they have good english communication skills.
you can change currency in the hotel and the hotel is very safe..
a free interent cable is available in every room , even the small rooms..this can make you connected to the world 24/7..

the only problem is that it is located in a very noisy place so you will probably hear songs in your room up to 10 pm..

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

Superb buffet. Hotel is good value, service is fine and fooms are comfortable. Can get a bit noisy due to lack of double glazing.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Marana, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2006

We backpacked through China and I was always using the internet and our Let's Go travel guide to locate cheap accomodations at our next destination. However, in Chongqing I broke down and chose the World Traders Hotel and am glad I did, even though it cost more than I usually payed. We got a huge three room business suite for the three of us for $85US a night. The rooms were gorgeous with first class points all around and we stayed in style. We ate some meals in the room and the room service was top notch, the food great and reasonably priced. The living room area had a stocked bar (not expensive), a fridge, TV with some english programs and comfy furnishings. Each bedroom had a very spacious glass bathroom, very clean. Downstairs, the tea room is impressively decored and has internet access. The resturant is ample and delicious. The swimming pool blew us away with a beautiful changing room, personal locker room attendants, pretty poolside attendants and a decor that leaves you saying WOW. I felt like a movie star with the pampering even while I was in the pool. The hotel seems to cater to business travelers and they expect a lot of the perks that we enjoyed. The hotel staff was very accomodating and most professional. It's location is central, within easy walking distance of anything you'd want and a dollars taxi ride from where you catch the Yangtze cruise ships. Would I stay there again? Oh yeah!

• Stayed September 2004

Been to World Traders Hotel? Share your experiences!