I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks while on a business trip in Chongqing. My husband and 2-year old son joined me for part of my stay. It's not really a 5-star hotel (as advertised) and it misses some details, but it makes up for this with large rooms, helpful staff and a great location.
- I stayed on the 11th floor in a one bedroom suite. Although my room was slightly outdated, it was very large and quite comfortable. I really liked the kitchenette and large walk in closet.
- When I first arrived there were free chocolates and fruit in my room. Additional fruit was added during my second week.
- I had free Internet in my room. It was a bit slow, but more than passable for China (I was able to Skype etc.)
- I found the staff very nice and helpful.
- The location is great, right near Jiefangbei, a short walk to the subway, an Ole grocery store and a lot of restaurants.
- My room was on an inner courtyard and generally pretty quiet.
- There's a reasonable swimming pool and gym.
- The buffet breakfast had a good selection (Western and Chinese options) and the food was generally good (but not great). They have high chairs available.
- The bed was a bit hard.
- The swimming pool is a strange shape and it is difficult to swim laps if there is more than one person in the pool. The hot tub in the changing room was generally not hot.
- One weekend afternoon there was a wedding in the courtyard on the 10th floor. It was extremely loud. This was annoying but not a huge problem for me, as it was in the afternoon.
- The dishes in the kitchenette while plentiful, were slightly dirty and a little disorganized and hard to access (all piled into one cupboard). Also no dish soap or dish cloth was available in the room.
- No cribs are available that are appropriate for 2-year old children (I believe they have cribs available for smaller children.)
- No conditioner was available in the shower.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel, particularly if you can get a good rate. The one bedroom suites are pretty large and comfortable and the kitchenette makes them convenient for a longer stay or with a family.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.