I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks while on a business trip in Chongqing. My husband and 2-year old son joined me for part of my stay. It's not really a 5-star hotel (as advertised) and it misses some details, but it makes up for this with large rooms, helpful staff and a great location.
- I stayed on the 11th floor in a one bedroom suite. Although my room was slightly outdated, it was very large and quite comfortable. I really liked the kitchenette and large walk in closet.
- When I first arrived there were free chocolates and fruit in my room. Additional fruit was added during my second week.
- I had free Internet in my room. It was a bit slow, but more than passable for China (I was able to Skype etc.)
- I found the staff very nice and helpful.
- The location is great, right near Jiefangbei, a short walk to the subway, an Ole grocery store and a lot of restaurants.
- My room was on an inner courtyard and generally pretty quiet.
- There's a reasonable swimming pool and gym.
- The buffet breakfast had a good selection (Western and Chinese options) and the food was generally good (but not great). They have high chairs available.
- The bed was a bit hard.
- The swimming pool is a strange shape and it is difficult to swim laps if there is more than one person in the pool. The hot tub in the changing room was generally not hot.
- One weekend afternoon there was a wedding in the courtyard on the 10th floor. It was extremely loud. This was annoying but not a huge problem for me, as it was in the afternoon.
- The dishes in the kitchenette while plentiful, were slightly dirty and a little disorganized and hard to access (all piled into one cupboard). Also no dish soap or dish cloth was available in the room.
- No cribs are available that are appropriate for 2-year old children (I believe they have cribs available for smaller children.)
- No conditioner was available in the shower.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel, particularly if you can get a good rate. The one bedroom suites are pretty large and comfortable and the kitchenette makes them convenient for a longer stay or with a family.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Harbour Plaza (Haiyi) Chongqing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza Haiyi Chongqing