“Double Tree at Chongqing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Building B, Sincere Center No.68 Yanghe First Road, Jiangbei District, Chongqing 400020, China   |
Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #3 of 1,692 hotels in Chongqing
“Double Tree at Chongqing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Had my 3rd stay in DoubletTree. As usual, the hotel is execllent and the staffs are sincere and helpful.

During checking in on my 2nd stay, there was no record of my reservation, obviously my supplier forgot to make reservation. However, the front desk staffs managed to give me a room with the same room rate after checking my records. 2 of the staffs even recongized me.

Ultimately, the staffs at doubletree are one level up comparing to other hotels. it is going to be challenging for them how to reach the next higher level.

Anyone who going to Chongqing, Jiangbei should try and stay at Doubletree.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michael z, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest, Warm greeting from DoubleTree by Hilton Chongqing North!
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.I would like to on behalf of hotel management to thank you for your great supporting and apology for the late reply.We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and so grateful for your recommand! Thanks again for choosing us! Enjoy your trip!

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

As a foreigner, the main challenge is the language. Me being a totally non-mandarin speak person, I got every bit of information and help from the stafff. Almost everyone in the hotel speaks english. I had to call a friend and there was a problem with my room phone line, so the staff borrowed me their own phones to make a call free of charge. Food is amazing. Without this hotel, my first trip in China wouldnt have left a positive impression of this country. Its my first time I Tried Doubltree by hilton and super impressed. I am very sure in future I would continue to cling on to them. If you try this place, you would know what I am talking about.

Room Tip: Great location to visit stay in Chongqing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael z, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest, Warm greeting from DoubleTree by Hilton Chongqing North!
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.I would like to on behalf of hotel management to thank you for your great supporting and apology for the late reply.We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.Thanks again for choosing us! Enjoy your trip!
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Visit Chongqing in early January because of a business. Though I am a Diamond Member of Hyatt, I decide to stay in Doubletree by Hilton as it is a new hotel and I would like to see how good the service is. In general, the services are good but with a few disappointments.

Pros:
1. Thanks to the hotel for upgrading my reservation from Executive Room to Premier Suite at the top floor (34/F). The trade-off is that there is no view from my room because it is directly opposite to a tall building. Nevertheless, the premier suite is very nice and I do enjoy it so much.

2. The Staff in Executive Lounge is attentive and I do feel they tried their best in offering a good customer service. I will write an example in the section Cons below.

3. The hotel is close to two great shopping mails. Indeed, one of them is simply located at the basement of the hotel.

Cons:
1. Inconsistent Info in Hotel Directory inside my room. As I read from the hotel directory inside my room, it said that the fitness center opens 24/7. It is not the case, however. During my first night when I tried to access the fitness center at 10:30pm, it is CLOSED. When I called their "CARE" hotline and asked for the reason, the operator said that it does not open for 24 hours. When I told the operator that the hotel directory states clearly that the fitness center opens 24 hours, she is surprised and has no idea.

2. Inconsistent Info in the hotel website. When I made my reservation through the hotel website (English version), it does show that there are newspapers EVERYDAY. It is, however, not the case when the staff in executive floor told me that there is no newspaper in the weekend. Further, I found that no newspaper is delivered to my room during the morning of the last weekday. When I asked the Staff in Executive Lounge why no paper is delivered, she told me that it is usually delivered at 9am. But when I told her that the room opposite to me has already a newspaper hang out of the door, she knew it's a problem and asked a Staff to deliver one to me in the Executive Lounge.

3. During the check-in, the staff does not mention anything about my access to Executive Lounge. Until the time when I signed all my forms and got the key, she did not even mention anything until I asked about the opening hour of the Lounge and the service provided.

4. As previously mentioned by a few reports, the room is dark. I do not, however, think that any improvement would be made because it is of their design.

5. The internet is slow if you would like to access websites located outside of the country.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michael z, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest, Warm greeting from DoubleTree by Hilton Chongqing North!

I would like to on behalf of hotel management to thank you for your great supporting and apology for the late reply. I have received your valuable comments through Guest Comments on Tripadvisor. I would like to sincerely apology for the inconvenience which has been caused by our Gym, Executive Lounge and internet during your last visit.

Our whole management team will put more effort on all kinds of service areas to improve service standard and guests’ satisfaction, I am positive that you will see more improvements on future visits.

I’m highly appreciated for your valuable comments and your continuously supporting to us, and I’m looking forward to welcome you in DoubleTree by Hilton Chongqing North soon.

Kind regards,
Michael Zhou, General Manager
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The hotel location is near many shopping malls, including Paradise Walk.
I prefer this location rather than Jiefangbei because at Jiefangbei, they sell more branded expensive stuffs.
However, those who wish to go to tourist area like Hongya Cave or Chaotianmen will prefer to stay at Jiefangbei area because of the walking distance.

Service was great. My room was upgraded to the suite room because of room availability. TV channels include HBO and on-demand HD movies (free). If you stay long enough, the waitress at the restaurant will also remember you so that you don't have to mention your room number every day.

The cookies received during check in was an additional plus point. However, there are no difference between those who stay 1 night and many nights since both parties will only receive 1 cookie during check-in.

Lobby is quite small. Not enough seat for people to sit down waiting for their transport.
Swimming pool is small, too.

Nevertheless, quite satisfied.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment to us. Sincerely we hope you had a memorable stay experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Chongqing North.

So glad you were able to experience our authentic DoubleTree hospitality. Thank you for your good advice. If there is any other we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed 1 night in the deluxe room. It was remarkably clean and luxurious. The amentities provided are more than enough. The location is really good. About 20-30minutes drive from the airport. and 1min walk to the shops and malls.

The next morning, the hotel packed breakfast for us after knowing that we need to check out early to catch a flight and wont be able to catch the breakfast buffet in the cafe.

The only down side I can think of is that there are too many light switches all around the room, so it was quite confusing to figure it out. I also wish they have banned smoking in public places like the lobby, lift and corridors, as the smell is unbearable to non-smokers.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Michael z, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you very much for your visit to DoubleTree by Hilton Chongqing North! We hope that our dedicated and passionate ambassadors have made your stay a warm and enjoyable moment with us!

Please believe that we will try our best to make our hotel comfortable to stay no matter our guests are smokers or not. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Beijing, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights on a recent business trip. The location is not bad - in walking distance to one of Chongqing's sub-centres with plenty of shops and some restaurants.
When I entered my room I found it to be somewhat chilly so I tried to change the air condition into heating mode, which usually works in most Chinese hotels (there are no regular heating systems in Southern China). I found that the air condition made the room even more cold, so I asked at the reception. They send a technician who told me that the air condition would need half an hour to get warm. Well, it didn't. The receptionist offered me an additional duvet, which I politely declined, as I would have much prefered a comfortable room to yet another duvet. So I ended up spending 2 uncomfortable nights shivering in a fairly cold hotel room in one of the leading 5-star hotels in Chongqing.
In addition, there is a 60 RMB charge (around 7 Euro) for internet access (I couldn't get a stable Wifi connection, so I connected by cable). This is the first time I have ever paid for internet in mainland China!
Otherwise, the hotel is indistinguishable from similar hotels throughout the world. The bathroom does not receive any sunlight in the morning, although in most other newly-built hotels in China (even with less than 5 stars) a glass wall between bathroom and main room is standard nowadays, but not here at Doubletree.
Breakfast is pretty average with watery orange juice (unlikely to be of the freshly-pressed variety) and no wholegrain breadrolls, dark breads or cheese available.
I have been travelling in China for 10 years and I am usually satisfied with the hotels on offer, but I found Chongqing's Doubletree hotel a somewhat disappointing experience!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Michael z, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North, responded to this review, December 2, 2012

We are devoted to bring the CARE cultural to every guest with the DoubleTree welcome chip chocolate cookies and we are taking care of every need by our guests. We are so sorry for any inconveniences you experienced while staying with us but please know we’ve been working very hard to ensure our air condition running faultlessly and provide delicious breakfast. Besides, guests can enjoy charged access hi-speed Internet in 5 stars hotels in Chongqing. But in our hotel, wireless is available and the price is very competitive.

So glad you were able to experience our authentic DoubleTree hospitality. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The staff at the hotel was super friendly through out my stay. They helped me with lots of things like explaning how to ask for price in chinese and how to direct the cab drivers. Some of the staff also asked me the day after how everything turned out the day before. Like asking about if I found the shoes I was shopping for or if I enjoyed CiQiKou.

The room was great and I was lucky to get a room on the top floor. I was upgraded because of my Gold Status, which of course also was a bonus.

The gym and pool was really nice although I did not have time to use it. But make sure to use the pool if you have time!

Close to the hotel you'll find one of the best shopping areas in Chongqing. Ask the hotell staff about were to find what you are looking for.

It can be tricky to find the hotel if arriving by metro. So make sure to have the adress written in Chinese to ask people for help. The staff at the hotel helped me with that before my arrival. If you want to you can also easally take a cab from the aiport. It will cost you about 35-40 yen and takes about 30 minutes if there is not so much traffic.

If I ever go to Chongqing again, this hotel will be my choice!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Michael z, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment to us. We're so glad to heard you had a memorable stay experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Chongqing North.

It all starts with a warm chocolate chip cookie, a small touch of our warmth and care for each guest. We are taking care of every need by our guests. So glad you were able to experience our authentic DoubleTree hospitality.We'll always have a cookie ready and waiting for your next arrival!

Sincerely, Michael Zhou, General Manager

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North? Share your experiences!