“Experienced Patron” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North

Save Saved
You added Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Building B, Sincere Center No.68 Yanghe First Road, Jiangbei District, Chongqing 400020, China   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #3 of 1,798 Hotels in Chongqing
“Experienced Patron”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Since I often am in CQ on business, I have stayed here at least 20 nights since they opened. I can say with confidence they have improved tremendously since the early days. After all, they just opened a few months ago. Give them a break!!
The breakfast staff care for guests is exceptional, especially the head women when you go in. They remember me and bring me Fresh Coffee. Management needs to give them a BIG raise and compliments! Food is a little naive, but, they will get it.
Front desk was crazy at the beginning, but these days, all seems to have smoothed out.
I am afraid to make this place too busy and not get a room. But I have to be honest about this hotel. They deserve recognition for very good service and care.

Stayed August 2012
Michael z, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Your comments about your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Chongqing North made me smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable (along with our great location).

We started our business the last year. As you said, we’re working very hard to ensure our service.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with her. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

Sincerely, Michael Zhou, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

On the plus side:

Doubletree Chongqing is conveniently located in a busy and vibrant district, with a lot of choices for restaurants and eateries within walking distance. Most taxi drivers know about this hotel except for one taxi driver we met and we had to hail another cab.

The service at the breakfast buffet is one of the best in China. Very attentive service and the staff can serve you eggs and noodles if you wish. Excellent coffee which is a rare genre in China.

The chocolate cookies upon check-in are a nice touch.

On the down side:

We booked two rooms through the airline holidays (CX holidays) and strangely they couldn't find the booking of my parents. It took a bit of time to check-in considering we were a bit exhausted from travelling.

My father brought his belongings to their gym and pool during our 2-day stay but was told at the gym entrance that BOTH the pool and the gym were out of electricity and out of use, which we were quite shock to learn, considering that it is a hilton group hotel and we are situated in a luxury shopping area and the electricity in our rooms and our area just worked out fine. Also, there was no advance warning given to us at check-in or our stay. Gym and pool access are the basics of a high-end hotel.

When I booked the rooms I specifically choose the free wi-fi option through the airline holiday package (while the booking for my parents was cheaper and did not come with free wi-fi). The staff at the conceige denied that we were entitled to free wi-fi even after I showed them the booking confirmation and the airline holiday website which specifically lists the wi-fi benefit. They asked me to check with the travel agent directly in Hong Kong (at 5pm on a weekend which I am sure nobody would answer). In the end they waived my wifi charges but it was not without some arguments and frustration.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment to us. So glad you were able to experience our authentic DoubleTree hospitality.

We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service (along with our delicious cookie at check in). The water leakage caused by the department besides which is not managed by our hotel was the reason the fitness power failure. We are so sorry for any inconveniences you and your family experienced while staying with us but please know we’ve been working very hard to ensure our hotel facilities function well. Besides, guests can enjoy charged access hi-speed Internet in 5 stars hotels in Chongqing. But in our hotel, wireless is available and the price is very competitive.

Thank you for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Chongqing North. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again to Chongqing. we enjoyed taking care of you.

Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I was here for business only one night and found it quite nice there. It's around 25 minutes from the airport by cab and is located among a very busy district with high end shopping malls you can see Gucci and H&M just few steps away. Check in was ok, just a little bit slow, the lady gave me a nice and warm chocolate "Doubletree" cookie after check in which was quite thoughtful because it was already 7pm and i was starving! Room was spacious but not super clean as i spotted some hair in the bathroom and on the bed... I had room dining for both dinner and breakfast, honestly it was not bad yet not impressive. I also tried their spa, they currently are doing this promotion which is 580RMB (original 1800RMB) for 2 good hours and you get body scrub and wrap, oil massage + facial treatment. The treatment itself was good but the therapist wasn't very well trained - i could tell she did try her best though.

One thing to note that there isn't free wifi in the room and they charge 20RMB for one hour. you can get free wifi only in the public area which is quite typical for 4 stars hotel in China. And one more thing that I am not really happy about is their room key card - i needed to call for help every single time i entered my room simply because the card didn't let me in.

I did have a good sleep though.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Michael z, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North, responded to this review, August 17, 2012

We are devoted to bring the CARE cultural to every guest with the DoubleTree welcome chip chocolate cookies and we are taking care of every need by our guests. We are so sorry for any inconveniences you experienced while staying with us but please know we’ve been working very hard to ensure our check in work, house clean work and Spa service and have been training our staff accordingly. Besides, guests can enjoy charged access hi-speed Internet in 5 stars hotels in Chongqing. But in our hotel, wireless is available and the price is very competitive.

So glad you were able to experience our authentic DoubleTree hospitality. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Alpharetta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

The room was spacious and well appointed, clean and modern in all decor and furnishings. It felt clean and fresh. The Executive lounge breakfast had minimal selection. Serving bacon and sausage but not eggs seems to be common in China, but it leaves an oily feeling in the stomach. The evening reception was less appealing and they only had red wine, no white wine. It was good, but I was in the mood for white wine. Also, no service ethic. When they ran out of Coke Zero (no diet Coke in China), they said they would not have again until the following week. Good service would have gone downstairs to the restaurant to get some. Fitness center was sparse, no whirlpool, and the small pool was insufficient for doing laps. Close to the Paradise Walk luxury shopping district, but generally the neighborhood is an eyesore. Overall not a bad stay, just not a good stay. I doubt I will return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment to us. Sincerely we hope you had a memorable stay experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Chongqing North. As a newly opened 5-star boutique hotel locates in Guanyingqiao - the latest city center, we offer guests a host of recreational activities and local attractions. Excited to say that the surroundings of the hotel is under construction by the government which no sooner there will be a huge book store building and greenbelt.

We are devoted to bring the CARE cultural to every guest with the DoubleTree welcome chip chocolate cookies and we are taking care of every need by our guests. We would like to serve the best dining experience to you and all services and facilities complied with Hilton Worldwide standard. As a native people, please let me introduce the best places for you to travel that you can join in the Jialing River cruise starting from Chaotianmen Wharf. Tour the Three Gorges Museum or enjoy amazing city views from Nanshanand. Explore ancient villages, grottoes and caves. Discover the traditional culture and by visiting Sichuan Opera in HuguangGuild Ancient Complex or Ciqikou Ancient Town. For a fun day out for the whole family, visit the giant pandas in the Zoo at Yangjiaping or Yongchuan Wild Animal Zoo.

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you and appreciate your business. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. Thanks again for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Chongqing North!

Towson, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

A delightful hotel in the central business district. Well run, clean and huge rooms. I stayed in a room at the end of the corridor with 2 views from the room and bathroom area. Immaculate and quiet.
Breakfast was outstanding and the fitness center, one of the best in China.
I recommend it highly if staying here for the river cruises and it it a great location to shop in the malls and stores nearby.
A good value for your money

Room Tip: At the end of the corridors, away from the elevator. Higher is quieter, I was on the 20th floor and...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Michael z, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel.We are really glad you enjoyed your Spring Break here!

Thanks again for staying with us. We hope you come back for another trip!

Sincerely, Michael zhou, General Manager
Aberdeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in March 2012 after being recommended by a local on a last minute trip to Chongqing. As tittle suggests, this is a brand new hotel opened on 11th Nov 2011. Got booked into a small twin bed room but it was very comfortable. Hotel was a bit hard to spot as the lobby is up a small hill around the corner but just look for the big Gucci boutique at Starlight 68 Centre. Once you enter its just 2 floors up using the escalators.

Was quite impressed as the hotel uses a full set of Crabtree & Evelyn for the bathroom ammeneties(from shower gel to toothbrush) and during check in received a freshly baked cookie which was still warm( which was great as it was really cold outside). You will find the rooms filled with the usual LCD tv with tons of local and international channel along with a good selection of free movies, comp tea and coffee, a UK type 3 pin socket for cables and chargers, morning papers ,free cable internet(got to pay RMB20 for wifi) etc.. Sheets were very clean and of high standards and beds were really comfy. Staff could understand and speak english .

Location was real good with tons of international shopping brands around in malls(Paradise Walk) and shopping streets all within 5-15m walk. Taxi is available conveniently at the hotel lobby or a 5 min walk away. Tons of food outlets(both local and international) around the hotel so you will never get hungry as well.

Would surely stay here again if I am in this part of China.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Michael z, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are certainly glad you enjoyed your traveling in Chongqing!

I'm glad you were satisified with our services and facilities.

Thanks again for staying with us. We hope you come back for another business trip or travelling!
Darien, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

My Chongqing host organization booked this hotel for me. The room is tastefully decorated, with Wi-Fi, large LED TV and all the connectors, cables that will make a techie smile. The service from check-in to maid is friendly and helpful. The quality of my breakfast is among the best in China.

Its light rail connection to the airport is very important, since traffic jam is quite bad in Chongqing.

This hotel was opened on 11 Nov 2011. My congratulations to the staff for accomplishing so much in such a short time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
zoe z, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are certainly glad you enjoyed your business trip in Chongqing!

I'm glad you were satisified with our services and facilities.

Sincerely, Michael Zhou, General Manager

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North? Share your experiences!