“Fantastically Mediocre Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an to your Saves list
Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.10 Jiangnan Avenue, Nan'an District, Chongqing 400060, China   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Get Free Mini Bar Per Day
Ranked #1 of 1,692 hotels in Chongqing
new york
“Fantastically Mediocre Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Having not stayed at Meridien hotels before, I was expecting a level of service which was not apparent.
For instance, upon ordering dinner in the lobby restaurant, I specifically mentioned 3x that a particular seasoning but not used in my dish. The wait staff is in their teens and has very limited communication skills. We ordered 2 portions and half way into the meal we both noted burning sensations in our mouths from the spices we had requested to be omitted. At this point your palate is destroyed so the meal was a waste. Crackers in my room would have safer.
Upon mentioning this to the waitress, she smiled and just repeated the complaint and walked away. The tables have placards with some sort of Jean George's affiliation which wasn't clear. Either his standards have dropped to zero or he should drop out of this chain.
The quality of the breakfast buffet is very substandard, with lots of heat lamps and items that were not very fresh. If there is a high turnover I can understand the use, but they're wasn't. Stay away from of this property 's in house restaurants.
Overall this is a "B" grade hotel at best. It has the wow factor of a incredibly soaring lobby which Is decorated sort of pseudo Phillipe Starck style with oversized gestures in black, red and crystal that look very dated at this point.
The rooms seem fine if you don't look too closely, especially in the bathrooms with chipping grout and stained marble.
Many things aren't perfect but forgiveable, however, the service and lack thereof cannot. If you're a business traveler, I highly recommend not staying here. It's just completely average and in my book that's probably the worst comment that came be made about a "luxury" property (which this is not) . Details are what counts and it just appears the management here doesn't care.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tina L, Manager at Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Reviewer:
Many thanks for your feedback and I Highly appreciate you for taking the time to let us know of your experiences during your stay with us. We are most certainly disappointed to learn that the hotel did not live up to your expectations, of which we do apologize. I do take note on the comments from which was clearly not a memorable experience in our Food & Beverage Venue’s, also potentially failing to deliver on some of the iconic programs such as our Jean Gorge culinary program in our latest recipe, this will be shared with the team. If your travels ever bring you this way again please allow us to redeem ourselves to you and do reach out to me directly as I would like to ensure you experience the Le Meridian Chongqing Nan’an .

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Shanghai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel is starting to fray in ways that don't meet five-star or Le Meridien standards.

Check-in was easy and friendly, but my warm feelings were quickly forgotten when I arrived in my room and found food crumbs and fresh coffee stains on a fraying leather desk. Couldn't housekeeping be bothered to wipe up? Needless to say, such low cleanliness standards don't give one much confidence that the bedding is clean. Totally inexcusable. It's possible to find cleaner standards at Chinese budget accommodations.

Also inexcusable: blackout curtains that don't blackout the room because there's nothing to hold them against the marble walls. As a result, they leak light. For jetlagged guests, that's a real problem.

The thoughtfulness that makes a great hotel is missing throughout this one. Take, for example, the men's locker room in the gym. Despite the fact that it contains a sauna and steam, there's no water cooler for the guests in the locker room. At any other five-star, there would be. Likewise, guests are allotted one towel in the locker room - it's in their locker - and that's that. As a result, I started bringing towels down from my room. That's the first time I've ever done such a thing at a so-called five-star.

Look. In many ways this is a nice property. The facilities look nice, the food is decent, and the service is generally friendly. You could stay in worse places. But if a hotel wants to call itself a Le Meridien, and charge Le Meridien prices, then it had better get everything right. This Le Meridien doesn't come close.

If you want five-star standards, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

Dear Reviewer:
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how your experiences with us have been. I am disappointed to learn where we did fail to deliver on the very basic of hospitality and also that some of our facilities did not live up to expectations which we do apologize. I do appreciate your detailed comments and very valid points on the curtains and this will be something that we look into, appreciate this. Please believe that we put our guests’ experience at the first of everything, the management team will pay more attention to improve the service as well as the facilities to ensure this situation does not reoccur at any time. If your travels ever bring you this way again please allow us to redeem ourselves to you and do reach out to me directly as I would like to ensure you experience the Le Meridian Chongqing Nan’an.
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Visit Mai 2013. Staying for one night. Everything was excellent. The appetizer at the SPG club ate better than on several other Le Meridien, the beds are excellent.
I didn't use the SPA, therefore no rating
I agree with the most positive other comments

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tina L, Manager at Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing with us how your experience at Le Méridien Chongqing, Nan'an.
After reading your responses we were very happy to learn that your stay with us was all positive and our SPG club served you well . We have in total three restaurants in the hotel, all offers distinguished food type, you are very welcomed to come to try them out on your next stay ,and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Le Méridien Chongqing, Nan'an in the near future .
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had a wonderful stay in Chongqing Meridien although I was in a bad mood due to unpleasant things happened. The service and people are really friendly and caring. There are times they did not meet my expectations but I can see that they are really trying! Very comfortable to always know that they make effort to provide the service! Really nice and one of the best hotel I stayed since March this year! Thank you!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
After reading your responses we were very happy to learn that your stay with us was mostly positive.Please believe that we will keep working on our service , and hope that we can achieve your expectations while your next stay! We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Le Méridien Chongqing, Nan'an in the near future!
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had a good stay between 30March-6April in room 2115!

We arrived early in the morning 8:45 and they let us check in at the same time. (very nice )

Its difficult to write anything about this hotel, as you can read most of the other Reviews this is good, and thats true!!

All the staff are very nice and speaks good English, hotel is Clean cant find any spots even if you try to find it!

Room was SO GREAT Lovely with all the glass so you can see out even when you are in the toilet or shower.

Even this hotel has minor problems, there are no hotel in the World that are perfect, and every guest has their own opinion.

We had a clubfloor room with access to club lounge, and during the happy hours ( 17:30-19_30) they served alot of food and Beverages, but one night they didnt have Cold beer, some guest was very angry, and next night they run out of White wine and soda water was not Cold. So lounge must be better to organize the Beverages, its a small problem for us, but as we heard other complaining alot.

Dont forget to use the pool and sauna its nice just to relax .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tina L, Manager at Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how your experience with us have been. After reading your response we were very happy to learn that your stay with us was mostly positive ,But we were disappointed to learn that there were some parts did not live up to your expectations which we do apologize. Please believe that the management team will pay more attention to improve our service. We are looking forward to your next visit to Le Méridien Chongqing so you can experience the positive changes.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is right up there when it comes to service. From taking the time to email me before my arrival and following up my requests to the ease of checking in and checking out I can only praise this property.

I arrived very early (8 am) and was invited to enjoy breakfast in the Club Lounge on that day. My room was ready at that time and I was given a late check-out at 4pm the next day.

Absolutely amazing. I've also stayed at the Hilton Chongqing and I can tell you that the Meridien is a much nicer property.

The only glitch was that my non-smoking room had a faint smell of cigarettes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how your experiences with us have been. After reading your responses we were very happy to learn that your stay with us was mostly positive ,But we were disappointed to learn that there were some parts did not live up to your expectations which we do apologize. Please believe that the management team will pay more attention to improve our service. We are looking forward to your next visit to Le Méridien Chongqing so you can experience the positive changes. Thank you again for your feed back and helping make our hotel better for you and all our guests, we look forward to welcoming you back at Le Méridien Chongqing, Nan'an.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Was amazed at the level of service provided for the price. English speaking staff makes it easy
To check in, and out. Western style restaurant along with a chinese style restaurant to choose
From. Very comfortable rooms, very helpful staff. My only problem is that I didn't find the place
Earlier in my trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
After reading your responses we were very happy to learn that your stay with us was all positive. Chic,cultured and discovery are our core values, which brings Le Meridien the unique feature, we are glad that you have found us finally!And we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Le Méridien Chongqing, Nan'an.

Been to Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an? Share your experiences!