“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an to your Saves list
Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.10 Jiangnan Avenue, Nan'an District, Chongqing 400060, China   |
Ranked #1 of 1,788 Hotels in Chongqing
Stockholm, Sweden
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had a good stay between 30March-6April in room 2115!

We arrived early in the morning 8:45 and they let us check in at the same time. (very nice )

Its difficult to write anything about this hotel, as you can read most of the other Reviews this is good, and thats true!!

All the staff are very nice and speaks good English, hotel is Clean cant find any spots even if you try to find it!

Room was SO GREAT Lovely with all the glass so you can see out even when you are in the toilet or shower.

Even this hotel has minor problems, there are no hotel in the World that are perfect, and every guest has their own opinion.

We had a clubfloor room with access to club lounge, and during the happy hours ( 17:30-19_30) they served alot of food and Beverages, but one night they didnt have Cold beer, some guest was very angry, and next night they run out of White wine and soda water was not Cold. So lounge must be better to organize the Beverages, its a small problem for us, but as we heard other complaining alot.

Dont forget to use the pool and sauna its nice just to relax .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tina L, Manager at Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how your experience with us have been. After reading your response we were very happy to learn that your stay with us was mostly positive ,But we were disappointed to learn that there were some parts did not live up to your expectations which we do apologize. Please believe that the management team will pay more attention to improve our service. We are looking forward to your next visit to Le Méridien Chongqing so you can experience the positive changes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is right up there when it comes to service. From taking the time to email me before my arrival and following up my requests to the ease of checking in and checking out I can only praise this property.

I arrived very early (8 am) and was invited to enjoy breakfast in the Club Lounge on that day. My room was ready at that time and I was given a late check-out at 4pm the next day.

Absolutely amazing. I've also stayed at the Hilton Chongqing and I can tell you that the Meridien is a much nicer property.

The only glitch was that my non-smoking room had a faint smell of cigarettes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how your experiences with us have been. After reading your responses we were very happy to learn that your stay with us was mostly positive ,But we were disappointed to learn that there were some parts did not live up to your expectations which we do apologize. Please believe that the management team will pay more attention to improve our service. We are looking forward to your next visit to Le Méridien Chongqing so you can experience the positive changes. Thank you again for your feed back and helping make our hotel better for you and all our guests, we look forward to welcoming you back at Le Méridien Chongqing, Nan'an.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Was amazed at the level of service provided for the price. English speaking staff makes it easy
To check in, and out. Western style restaurant along with a chinese style restaurant to choose
From. Very comfortable rooms, very helpful staff. My only problem is that I didn't find the place
Earlier in my trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing with us how your experience at Le Méridien Chongqing, Nan'an.
After reading your responses we were very happy to learn that your stay with us was all positive. Chic,cultured and discovery are our core values, which brings Le Meridien the unique feature, we are glad that you have found us finally!And we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Le Méridien Chongqing, Nan'an.
Beijing, Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel gives you a 5-star hotel experience for a mid-price hotel budget. There were a few minor glitches - the gas apparently didn't work one evening when we were there, so when we came back to the hotel starving after a long day of work, we were told that we had to go outside for dinner. Unfortunately all of the restaurants in the area had closed by then, so finally we came back, and at that point were offered food that didn't need gas to cook - salad, pizza - an option I wish we'd been given from the start. There was also a notice in the elevator that there was a happy hour in the bar, which the bar staff first wouldn't acknowledge, and then turned into a buy-two-get-one-free which changed into buy-three-get-one-free, not to be shared between two people - a somewhat ridiculous promotion. Other than that though, a great experience overall. I'd definitely stay there again the next time I'm in Chongqing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tina L, Manager at Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an, responded to this review, March 25, 2013

Thank you again for your feed back , we look forward to welcoming you back at Le Méridien Chongqing, Nan'an.
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I felt the same the international service standard while hardware including the foyer, restaurants, swimming pool was also pretty good. However, I must say that there is a lot of space of improvement of guestrooms.

My friend is a Starwood gold member so he got upgraded to the suite. Although there was a upscale Bose home theater installed in his room, it did not work except for the radio (could not get any sound from TV, DVD, or AUX). The water temperature of my deluxe room’s shower was not stable – made the shower experience pretty annoying. The edges of the sink were very sharp – which was really dangerous. In addition, the hotel does not provide low pillows (in fact, not enough pillow options).

Although it’s very easy to find good places to eat and drink, visitors need to be aware that it’s quite difficult to get a cab. You’d better to make prior arrangement for your transportation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how your experiences with us have been. After reading your responses we were disappointed to learn that there were some parts did not live up to your expectations which we do apologize. Please believe that the management team will pay more attention to improve our service. We are looking forward to your next visit to Le Méridien Chongqing so you can experience the positive changes.
Beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My great experience with the hotel started even before my plane left for Chongqing. What happened was that a Guest Service Manager had emailed me a Personal Preference Profile list prior to my stay and in the list, I was asked questions such as "Suggestions to make my stay better", "Dislikes while staying at the hotel", "Preferred Floor" etc. Well.. it definitely made me feel valued! Good start.

Hotel is located in Nanping, Nan'an District, and in the same development with Wanda Shopping Mall. Across the street is the massive Starlight Place shopping mall that has your everyday fast-fashion brands and numerous restaurants. Right underneath the Wanda Shopping Mall is the LRT station, which makes travelling to other parts of Chongqing very convenient. I would need to point out that flagging down a cab in Chongqing, especially during peak hours is not pleasant.

Room is new and clean with the now-common glass wall for the bathroom. I especially like the black glass pane that they use for the shower room. As another forumer had pointed out, the TV is set into a Chinese painting, and it was very tastefully done.

I did not have my breakfasts in the hotel, as I had breakfast appointments on both days that I stayed in Le Meridien, but I would guess that it would be an amazing spread on offer, given the amazing breakfast I had before at Le Meridien Qingdao. But I did try the dine-in room service, and the Margarita pizza was superb, if not amazing.

Check-in and check out were fast. As my flight back to Beijing was in the evening, I decided to check out Ciqikou. Thus, I deposited my bags with the concierge, and instructed them to get me a cab at 5pm. When I returned to the hotel at 4.30pm, it was already there waiting for me. Great job!

Seriously, there is nothing that I can complain about this hotel. As a SPG member, I can only make my choose between Sheraton and Le Meridien. Both are located in the same district, and other than the price difference, it was really hard to choose between them. Boy, I'm glad that I chose Le Meridien over Sheraton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
After reading your responses we were very happy to learn that your stay with us was all positive. we'd recommend you to try our breakfast in the hotel at your next stay with us , we offer eye opener drinks at breakfast, which can give you a fresh start of the day .Thanks again for your feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Le Méridien Chongqing, Nan'an.
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had 2 rooms booked as we were travelling with our 2 daughters aged 10 and 15. The foyer entrance is magnificent and what you would expect from a Le Meridien Hotel. The reception staff were efficient, friendly and spoke excellent english.
The rooms were tidy and clean however during our 7 day stay there were problems with the air conditioning where we could not get the temp below 24 degrees C.
Discussed with manangement who were more than accomodating and resolved the situation professionally and with no fuss- my thanks to Mathias, YoYo.
The concierge staff were very helpful and guided us to places of interest around Chonqing- our thanks to Leon and John Liu very professional and understood our needs perfectly.
Tried the Spa however their English was limited at best, overpriced for massages and other treatments, there are plenty of other places within the location that are 80% cheaper and just as good... ask the concierges.
Would recommend to families and individuals as a fantastic hotel to stay at. we will definitely stay again when we come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tina L, Manager at Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
After reading your responses we were very happy to learn that your stay with us was all positive. your support is the courage for us to improve our service one day after another , and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Le Méridien Chongqing, Nan'an.

Been to Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an? Share your experiences!