“Chongqing DLT Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Da Li Tang Hotel Chongqing

Save Saved
You added Da Li Tang Hotel Chongqing to your Saves list
Da Li Tang Hotel Chongqing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.173 Renmin Road, Yuzhong District, Chongqing 400015, China   |
Ranked #95 of 1,770 hotels in Chongqing
Helsinki, Finland
“Chongqing DLT Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We spent 10 days in Chongqing and this hotel was very nice. Good location near to the People Square and 10 minutes walk to subway (which was at the first time, hard to find). Usually we just grabbed a cab from the Renmin Road and no matter the location, fare was ¥8-12(in downtown area).
Most of the visitors of this hotel were chinese tourist groups from other cities. The breakfast was excellent, but very chinese. Boiled vegetables, noodles, chicken porridge, dumplings, boiled eggs, chinese pastries and fresh fruit. Toasts were the only western food they had to offer.
Rooms were nice and tidy. I found a shoe dryer very handful on our trip cos it rained for 3 days. Bathrobes and slippers were included in rooms and 2 bottles of mineral water per day.
Some websites tell that this hotel has a "health center". We checked it and it was just a poor roof terrace with couple mahjong rooms and tables for chinese chess.

Room Tip: Floor 7 has a renovation going on and when it rains, the water might leak in to the main hall. That...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We also chose this hotel on the internet because it was different, close to People's Square and 3 Gorges Museum and reasonably priced. As stated by others, we appeared to be the only non-Chinese guests and, although the staff spoke little English, we were made to feel very welcome, by staff and guests. A taxi from the airport was very inexpensive and reception staff organised another to take us into the city centre. Breakfast was included with an extensive range of food. Unfortunately, our stay was very short and we intend to return as there is plenty to see in and around Chongqing.. We'll definitely stay at this hotel in future

Room Tip: We had a standard queen room which was large, quiet and comfortable. The bathroom was average size w...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Clean room, great service and close to everything. Walking distance from the Three Gorges Museum.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Germany/UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

We chose the hotel (on the internet) because it seemed different from the standard western fare. As it happened, we appeared to be the only western guests during our short stay. The building is impressive and the location is superb - right next to People's Square where the colourful evening street life is more like the Mediterranean than a Chinese industrial city. The room was quite large and comfortable, the staff were helpful and friendly (but spoke little English). Breakfast was Chinese and therefore a with large selection of food. The hotel used to be called the People's Hotel and this shows (rather like the old Grand Hotel in East Berlin). The TV was broken (which didn't bother us), the bathroom was a bit antiquated and the walls were rather thin. These are minor quibbles, however, as the hotel was great value for money.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

I have nothing but good things to say about my experience at this hotel, which I reserved, sight-unseen, over the internet because the price was attractive and I liked the classic Chinese architecture in the internet pix. I spent two days in Chongqing in mid-September 2008, both nights at this hotel. I’m a 69-yr-old Canadian male, and was traveling alone.

Economy: At 712 CNY ($115 CAD) for two nights it was as good as any other 3-5-star hotel in which I stayed during 2 weeks in southern and southwestern China.

Quality: Attractive lobby. The rooms were impeccably clean and well-appointed, the beds (“soft” in Chinese terms, i.e., not just a bare box-spring) were firm and comfortable, internet and buffet breakfast included.

Service: Staff had limited English, but all that I needed, including help getting a train ticket when I left. One morning I arrived 15 minutes late for breakfast, and the staff rustled up something for me from the food that had already been put away.

Convenience: Taxi to and from the main train station, across the river to the north, was 14-16 CNY metered. Less than 1 km walk to the nearest line-1 monorail station, cost 1 CNY to go downtown. I walked one way to the city centre, about 3 non-strenuous km.

Surroundings: Varied, which I liked. It’s just 5 minutes to the Chongqing People’s Great Hall, and across a broad plaza from it, the Three Gorges Museum. All around are buildings of many vintages and qualities, and a richly varied street life of ordinary Chongqing people – outdoor markets, shops, etc. I felt completely safe and comfortable everywhere I went.

If I return to Chongqing, and I hope that I will, I’ll return to the DLT.

• Liked — Great value - four-star accommodation at three-star price
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Da Li Tang Hotel Chongqing? Share your experiences!