“If you want a break from asian” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vineyard Cafe

Vineyard Cafe
No.31 Wudaoying Hutong | Dōngchéng, Beijing, China (Beijing Workers' Sports Complex)
010-64027961
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #199 of 8,779 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Coffee & Tea, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“If you want a break from asian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

They actually do scotch eggs - place is a bit pricey but sometimes you just want an expat place to hang out - doesn't open til 11.30am though which was a bit of a hassle as everyone goes on about the brunch!

Visited July 2014

Glasgow
“Not very good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This place seems to get great reviews but I was underwhelmed when I came for dinner.

It's located in an easy to find hutong close to the Lama Temple, so tourist friendly with some English speaking staff and English menu.

The place is going for a cafe vibe but it's a little bit basic and not very comfortable. We reserved a table but were given a fairly lame table located in the back room of the restaurant.

We both felt like having nice veggie burgers, so that's what we ordered. I had read the burgers were supposed to be amazing... We also ordered some wine which was pleasant enough but was the usual £25 a bottle.

As a vegan, I did specify I wanted an egg free burger, so I had a good look at my burger when it arrived and I think my request may have been ignored or misunderstood. However, we decided to soldier on anyway.

The burgers were unspectacular. It's not hard to make a great veggie burger but we were both less than impressed. I went for a salad to accompany mine and my wife went for fries. I must admit, when the food arrived, I had to laugh when my wife's burger was served with what were undoubtably oven chips. Not very good.

Overall, not somewhere I would recommend unless you're very easily impressed. Can't really understand how anybody could rate this place as 5/5 at all.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A perfect piece of western cafe culture Beijing styles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

If you need your break from Dumplings and Duck and crave a decent coffee and muffin, there is a little strip of great Western style cafe's along Wudaoying Hutong just near the Lama Temple metro station.

In the midst of them is the clean, trendy and comfortable Vineyard cafe. I felt a little guilty eating cheesecake in Beijing but they have a fabulous selection of food and it is seriously good.

You could do breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, or dinner here...coffee or cocktails (my Mojito was 12 Yaun I think) and not be disappointed.

So I can honestly say...this little side street is a respite from the bustle of Beijing (although Lama Temple was crazy busy which you have to navigate), and you can get your Western fix of coffee and good food at a nice price.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“Nice atmosphere But a bit lous inside”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We went there for lunch. But food was so so and service was slow because it was full.
I ended up with a dessert instead - apple pie - but it tasted of cheese.
My friend took the Thai spring rolls - much better - but overpriced

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Surprising!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

A really cool place in a middle of Houtong next to Lama Temple. Tastefully pizza, belgian beer "Leffe" and espresso coffee in a real western style. Cheap enough compared to the offer. For young and cool people.. Reccomended.