I was in this hotel for over a week as my lodging for a scientific meeting. It is in close proximity to all of the olympic tourist sites, and is very convenient for most of the prime academic institutions in Beijing. It is not central which may be a disadvantage going to the Forbidden City, but if you are going anywhere outside downtown, the peripheral location makes travel much easier. Nearest subway is a 15 minute walk, but they are in the middle of building a new line which will be almost outside the hotel (someday). Overall my stay was pleasant, and my complaints fairly minor.
* The largest bed I have EVER seen (and pretty comfortable). Much like two queen sized pushed side to side. * Decent if inconsistent free wired internet.
* Clean, and very nice western-style bathroom, with excellent shower
* Breakfast buffet was massive, could have doubled as a lunch buffet. Food was quite varied and reasonable.
* note: if you didn't bring and need an umbrella, you can get a very nice loaner for a 100Y refundable deposit.
* Carpet in the room looked like it had never ever been cleaned (everything else was very clean)
* Room safe, but not bolted down.
* Beijing, tap water not safe (even says so in the hotel book). They give you two tiny little bottles of free drinking water. You can call for more, but a pain, as you will definitely need it.
* TV (if you like to watch chinese tv) was a 25" tube TV that had seen better days.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA and Priceline so you can book your Best Western OL Stadium Hotel Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Beijing