I stayed at this property for almost 2 weeks at the beginning of September, I was in Beijing on business.
The room was wonderful - large and well-appointed, with lots of thoughtful touches. The desk area is spacious and has all the power outlets and plugs you could look for. The bed was very comfortable. I didn't watch much TV, but the selection of international/English channels was certainly sufficient. The bathroom was great; it has both a tub and a shower. The shower is spacious and and doesn't leak (one of my pet peeves - great looking showers without doors that flood the bathroom). The toiletries are nice, and the hotel provides shower gel, which I prefer over soap.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. I ended up needing a late-evening doctor's appointment for a really bad toothache, and the concierge made sure to send me to a clinic that was open at that time of night and had English-speaking staff.
The hotel location is very convenient, just a short walk from offices, a food court, a subway station and some excellent (and very high-end) shopping malls.
There were really just a couple of downsides to the stay:
- internet was slow and unreliable, both in my room and in the rooms of my colleagues, and we were all staying on different floors,
- while we got a good room rate through our partner company, everything else at the hotel was incredibly expensive; I couldn't even bring myself to order room service - over $30 for pasta with tomato sauce? The breakfast buffet, while very extensive, is $40.
- while I understand that housekeeping want to do a good job (and their attention to detail was phenomenal), I don't need to be called twice to confirm if I have the do-not-disturb light on, and I find turndown service quite intrusive (as well as unnecessary, I can draw my own curtains, thank you very much!)
Useful tip from someone who took a week to figure this out: if you want to turn out the lights below the bathroom vanity, the light switch is actually next to the bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wether visiting China for business or leisure, guests will find the most luxurious accommodations at the JW Marriott Hotel Beijing. Located in the central business district, the 5-star hotel in Beijing is part of the China Central Palace, an awe-inspiring complex featuring offices, shopping and residential towers. At this spectacular hotel, enjoy first-class services, spacious accommodations and incredible amenities. 588 rooms and suites offer luxurious bedding, 42'' flat-screen TV, high-speed Internet, laptop-size safe, mini-bar and rainforest shower. Three exquisite restaurants and two lounges are perfect for dining and catching up with family and colleagues. After a busy day relax in the indoor swimming pool and steam room, pamper yourself at Spa and visit 24-hour gym for an invigorating workout. When planning a conference or social event, guests couldn't choose a finer hotel. The JW Marriott hotel Beijing features 1,800 square meters meeting space; professional event planning and catering service will ensure every event successful and unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Ctrip DaoDao, Agoda and Venere so you can book your JW Marriott Hotel Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Beijing
- Beijing Jw Marriott
- Marriott Beijing
- Beijing Marriott