“OK hotel.good location. Not expensive.staff can be better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Forbidden City Beijing

You added Days Inn Forbidden City Beijing to your Saves list
Days Inn Forbidden City Beijing
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Nanwanzi Alley, Dongcheng District, Beijing 010006, China (Tian'anmen / Wangfujing)   |
Ranked #248 of 5,462 Hotels in Beijing
Israel
“OK hotel.good location. Not expensive.staff can be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

This is not Hilton, but the price is a lot lower.
Overall the hotel is OK. Value for money its good. Staff is nor amazing. They didn't tell me keep the room's deposit. Thank god I kept it and got my money back.
Very close to wangfujing metro and street (shopping area and night snack street).
Just next to it there's a store that you can get water( everyday they asked for different price).
If you have more than one device with wifi, you need to tell the front desk.
Didn't take the cheapest underground room. Took the deluxe so called. First room smelled from cigarettes. Got a second room that was OK.
the hallway smelled like cigarettes but I've learned that's a problem in china.
Overall if I'd come back it would be for location and price.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Antipolo City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I traveled here last October 2012. I would say that this is one of the best I have stayed in (so far). Great location since it is very near to the shopping street. Also, they provide necessary amenities. The buffet breakfast is 100% perfect for me.

My only experience is that since we were during the peak season, A lot of tourist are trying to book to this hotel. Thus, there have been i think some misunderstanding with our booking so we were transferred to a smaller room. But as a total It is very very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Pros: In quite a good area, 'close' to Forbidden city, Tianamen square & Wangfujing street.

Cons: Cheap and cheerful without being very cheerful. Our 'superior' room badly needs a good airing and you really wouldn't want to walk on the carpet barefoot. next to a building site didn't help with the airing, just added noise and dust! Having stayed here and at the Beijing Guizhou hotel there is no comparison!! (but i will). The Guizhou is a 1000 times better and half the price, albeit its more 'out the way'. The Days Inn offers nothing except a bed and wash place, but the bathroom offers no privacy, door doesn't shut out any noise, windows from room to shower, shower curtain that you'd hate to come in contact with, Aarrggh, shudder at the thought!

Tips: If you do for some reason choose this hotel the nearest metro station is Tianamen sq east, with the sq behind you turn left at the 1st turn & its just up the road on the left.

Wherever you stay in Beijing Wangfujong street in the evening is a must, as is Lama temple.

You can travel on the metro for just 2 yuan, this is for 1 journey, Anywhere!

Try to take your own map, the 2 hotels offered slightly different maps but they were far from ideal, and extremely hard to read (and Mr H has 20-20 vision)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Recently got back from China in April with my fiance, and I rarely write reviews but with this hotel I just have to! This hotel employs horrible staff who know nothing of good customer service. When we first arrived we were tired and hungry so decided to have breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The breakfast buffet was over so we just ordered four pieces of toast and two cups of coffee and had the bill charged to the room. On the day we checked out the bill was 158 yuan! We had been charged the full breakfast price, we explained what had happened to them and how we felt that this was unfair but they would not budge. They said that it didn't matter that was the breakfast price. They refused to give us our deposit back if we didn't pay the bill and when I became frustrated and asked for the manager they point blank refused to get him. They said that there was no point. I have never been treated so badly and so disrespectfully by a hotel in my entire life. I was so shocked by the lack of customer service and general disregard for customers complaints. At one point they pretended to get the manager and just talked amongst themselves and left me sitting in reception for half an hour. I asked if the manager was coming and they just turned to me and said 'no'. I will never stay at a days inn hotel again. Absolutely disgusting! We were also completely ripped off on the great wall of china tour, paying far too much for nothing which we discovered afterwards. They also speak very little English and this is very frustrating especially when things go wrong. Just don't stay here, its not worth being treated so badly!

Room Tip: The basement rooms have no window.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

If there is any reason if i have not not enjoyed Beijing than it is this hotel. They give us a bad small basement room. The bathroom was small with rusted wash basin. The room was so small that i can not even breath. For most of the requests the hotel had NO as answer.

The only good thing about this hotel is its location just in middle of the city. The staff at restaurent is very good the helped us a lot.

Overall i do not recommend this hotel to any body.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask them not to given basement room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here in May 2010. Conveniently located behind the Executive Park and a walking distance to the Metro, the Mausoleum and the Forbidden City. The room was quite big but we got checked-in a room with narrow windows way up near the ceiling and strangely the view outside these windows was the staircases so we kept the curtains drawn close most of the time to avoid other occupants accidentally peeping into the room. Those windows were evidently built to let some natural light or air in or probably to avoid claustrophobic from freaking out. It was a neat hotel although the first time I stepped in the bathroom and used the toilet, I noticed some strands of hair on the toilet seat where the paper that stated it was previously cleaned was taped on. The single bed was wide enough for two persons but needless to say hard (as all beds in China hotels I suppose). We had one funny incident here when we were having an afternoon nap: the door just suddenly cracked open and I ran to close it. It was the housekeeping. We really wondered if they ever read the "Do Not Disturb" sign hanging on the door. Furthermore, there was a bellboy who was fluent in English and was very helpful in the directions. They hotel also had an automated money changer machine in the lobby. The courtyard or the grounds really impressed me. I liked how the buildings were constructed. It was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask about the view from the window of the room you want to check in.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

If you are looking for a decent accommodation near the forbidden city or Tienanmen square at the Capital city of China, you wouldn't have much choice but Days Inn.
The rooms are quite small and the views aren't great but for a short tip (I had one lasting 3 days) and most of the time I was out there in Beijing streets, MRT or at Tourist spots and required a bed to rest for the night and Days Inn provided exact what I required.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Forbidden City Beijing? Share your experiences!