“Good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Wanda Beijing

You added Sofitel Wanda Beijing to your Saves list
Sofitel Wanda Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.93 Jianguo Road, Tower C Wanda Plaza, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022, China (Guomao)   |
Ranked #48 of 5,485 Hotels in Beijing
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Although hotel is not centrally located, it has a hypermarket and departmental store within walking distance. Staff are helpful and could remember you by your name after repeated visits. Recommended value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cedric B, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Very happy to have your recognition of our hotel on TripAdvisor.
Hotel is located in the CBD area, and our concierge team would be happy to help make tour plans for your visit. It is quite convenient and fast to most of the tourist attractions also.
Hope we can make your next stay even more pleasant as the previous one.
Best regards,
Betty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel is my absolute favorite when going to Beijing. I have stayed there on many occasions and keep coming back. The service is second to none and the staff always smiling and willing to help. Rooms are super comfortable and always spotless. Amenities and dining options makes it a true home away from home. The only real drawback is the executive lounge. It is not really on par with what you get in other Sofitel Hotels in Asia.

Room Tip: Get an executive floor room. It is worth the few extra renminbi.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Christian,
I am very glad that you enjoyed our hotel facilites and service.
Regarding the executive lounge service, please rest assured I will share your feedback with our Front Office Manager for him to pay specific attention in the future.
Hope next time when you visit us we can provide even better service to you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

What I mean is this is the most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed at. I couldn't believe I actually picked it out. I decided to pretend that I belong there. The hotel staff was beyond helpful. When we arrived the bellboy showed us all the interesting switches and buttons in the room to operate things like the curtains and TV in the bathroom. Crazy fun.

Then we realized none of our electrical plugs worked in Beijing. A call to the desk had someone delivering us plugs to borrow for our stay. NICE!

As with any trip we were sight seeing and didn't spend a lot of time in the room. This was a room that made one want to spend at least a day lounging around. Big soft bed, reading lamps for the bed, luxurious bathtub, TV with an English speaking movie channel (sorry after 2 weeks in Hong Kong I was missing TV), big desk for your laptop and finishing up those last postcards to mail home.

In the price of the room was breakfast at their restaurant. I was expecting the usual small yet adequate affair and was floored by the beauty of this breakfast. Beauty is the correct word. I'll have to review it on the restaurant site. Again plan some time to just sit and enjoy a luxurious breakfast with French pressed coffee and food from every cuisine you can imagine. Yes, for breakfast. Again after 2 weeks with rich Hong Kong food I enjoyed the simplicity of the yogurt bar with all the healthy toppings I'd want from the cereal and fruit world.

A week comfortably spent seeing the sites of Beijing.

Room Tip: We were told we wanted a big window. Boy was it an impressive site of Beijing day and night.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cedric B, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Qoekc,
I am very glad that you enjoyed our hotel facilites and service.
The building you mentioned in picture is China Central Television head office. The shape is quite special:).
All Sofitel Wanda Beijing Ambassadors wish you a Magnifique Snake Chinese Year!
Hope you can visit us again in the future.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Modern, rich, and comfortable fit-out and design from the spacious lobby bar to the spacious rooms. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in and I loved the bathroom was pure indulgence. Didn't get to use the pool or gym but I hear they're excellent, too. Breakfast buffet has everything you could imagine and as you'd expect from a French hotel, the croissants and cheese were amazing! L'Occitane amenities in the room. Silk markets are just down the street for those who like to shop. Too bad it was so cold out and I had no free time (work trip).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cedric B, PA to General Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Ikiley,
I am very glad that you enjoyed our hotel facilites and service.
Hope next time you could try our pool and gym as well as shopping as it's becoming warmer and warmer in Beijing.
Chinese New Year is approaching. All Sofitel Wanda Beijing Ambassadors wish you a Magnifique Snake Chinese Year!
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Our check-in at reservation was very quick. Their main foyer area was huge and on the wall are Swarovski-crystal peony flowers worth $2million! Mind boggling!

We had a beautiful room. Very tastefully done and the king-size bed was almost a "king, king-size" bed. It was that large we almost got lost in it :)

Didn't want for anything in the room. The shower had a glass wall that separated it from the bedroom which was very different. It also had a large bathtub.

In the bathroom there was a sign “Whilst our tap water is purified it is not suitable for drinking. Complimentary bottled drinking water is available in your room and on request.” I only note this for future travellers to Beijing - which means that you can’t clean your teeth using the water, you need to use the bottled water for everything. After awhile we found it "a habit".

Free Internet in the rooms was really useful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cedric B, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Brissy2,
Happy to read your comment on Tripadvisor.
Wishing you a Magnifique Snake Chinese Year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

After writing a severe review about my bad experience at Sofitel Chengdu, it would have been unfair not to tell how much I enjoyed my four nights stay at Sofitel Wanda Beijing. The check-in is fast, the staff is competent and helpful. Thanks to the concierge for his useful pieces of advice to reach in time the railways station.
My room was big, nice and comfortable.
There are several restaurants in the hotel but I experienced only the VIC restaurant which has a excellent buffet. High quality breakfast in the same place. Service discreet and attentive.
Perfect stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cedric B, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Michel F,
Merci for your comment on Tripadvisor.
I will share with all Ambassadors and particularly Concierge.
I am sorry to read that your experience in Chengdu did not meet your expectations. Be assured I will get in touch with my Colleagues.
Life is Magnifique!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have been a returning customer at this Sofitel in BJ. I am traveling a lot for business and feel that this hotel is one of the best I am being to. The hotel is very very nice. Very large room, comfortable. Nice gym, great pool and friendly staff though sometime a little difficult de be understood in English. I clearly recommend for business stay or even family stay as not too far for the forbidden city either by subway (line 1 is very close) or taxi. Price is very competitive for the level of comfort / service you will get.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cedric B, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Beijing, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear bebs59,
A real "plaisir" to read your comment on Tripadvisor. MERCI!
All Sofitel Wanda Beijing Ambassadors wish you a Magnifique Year 2013!
Cedric

Been to Sofitel Wanda Beijing? Share your experiences!