Its evident that Beijing`s pollution problem is getting worse the moment you step out of the aircraft at the enormous airport.The whole area from airport to city was covered with smog and not only can you see it one can smell it throughout the whole day and night.
It took me only about 20-25minutes to get to the Sofitel as i arrived very late,past midnight so no traffic jam.The building from the outside looks ike just another tall office building.But once you step inside into its huge and high ceiling lobby one is impressed.The chandelier high up on the ceiling is spectacular.On one side of the lobby is a large cafe and the other side is the lobby.Lobby was modern with accents of chinese decor and artefacts.
Checkin was swift as it was late at night and receptionist was professional and polite and very accomadating.My room was on the 16th floor and was of average size but spacious.King size bed with 4 large pillows and a flat screen tv mounted onto the wall.Toilet was to the right as you entered the room and was big.Separate shower and bathtube with a small tv mounted so you can watch while you soak.The partition between the bathroom and the bedroom was glass.Plenty of drawers and closet space and a big safe to accomadate a laptop.Usual amenities like bathrobe iron kettle and minibar can be found in the room.Very new very clean and very well maintained.
Decor was modern wood paneling with chinese wall paper behind the bed and empty traditional chinese boxes as decorations around the room.The work desk was big with a high back chair which was placed next to the window.Even with the curtains closed i could feel the cold beijing air seep through the windows as it was minus11degrees celsius outside.
The bed was comfortable and the aircon worked very well heating up the room just nicely to the temperature that i adjusted to.Shower had 2 modes...hand held /mounted and then there was a huge rain shower from the ceiling.Toilteries though were basic and of their own house brand.
The hotel is situated conveniently in the heart of downtown so its easy access to most parts of Beijing by underground train.Theres a few restaurants surrounding and a Walmart within a 5mins walk.Though the hotel is between 2 very busy roads i couldnt hear any traffic noise from outside.Rooms are well insulated and quiet.
This Sofitel hotel must be truly one of the best most comfortable hotels i have stayed in and certainly would recommend it to anyone.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Wanda Beijing Hotel
- Sofitel Wanda Beijing Hotel Beijing
- Accor Wanda Beijing
- Sofitel Beijing
- Beijing Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A glamorous Beijing CBD hotel Sofitel Wanda Beijing accommodates guests in fabulous style in the heart of the central business district. The luxury hotel is located only 30 minutes from Beijing Capital International Airport via expressway.Choose from 417 designer rooms and suites blending contemporary French elegance and Chinese inspiration. Modern design and indulgences treat guests to memorable stays.Dine on haute cuisine in French Chinese Japanese and international restaurants. Luxuriate in the stunning lobby lounge. Discover serenity in the spa and energy in the swimming pool and fitness centre.Sofitel Wanda Beijing is a favourite 5-star Beijing hotel for events - from weddings to meetings conferences and other special occasions. An extravagant ballroom and 10 meeting rooms host memorable moments with a Sofitel touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, EasyToBook, Ctrip DaoDao and Venere so you can book your Sofitel Wanda Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.