“Great experience in Beijing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Cote Cour Beijing

You added Hotel Cote Cour Beijing to your Saves list
Hotel Cote Cour Beijing
No.70 Yanyue Alley, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100010, China (Tian'anmen / Wangfujing)   |
Ranked #15 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
Hong Kong, China
“Great experience in Beijing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is my second time to visit in Beijing. I lived in a modern hotel in my first visit in Beijing so I looked for a traditional hotel at this summer time.
After I arrived at cote cour hotel, I was impressed by the great traditional architecture and design which is inherited from the Chinese ancestry.
The hotel is near to the city centre. I thought it would be noisy, however, the environment in the hotel is surprisingly quiet. The interior design of the room I lived is classic and I love it so much. It is also clean and tidy. The hotel restaurant is also great. All the Chinese food provided by the restaurant is very delicious.
The great building and the helpful staffs with traditional clothing made me felt that I was back to the “modern Qing dynasty”. To conclude, staying in this hotel gave me a great experience for visiting in Beijing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
BRISBANE, OZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I really wanted to stay somewhere authentic to get a feel for the real Beijing on our trip in July. On paper the Hotel Cote Cour looked like just the place. Upon arrival down the tiny Hutong lane, I wasn't so sure.....then we arrived at the glorious double red doors. Inside the former 200 year old school is an Oasis. We were pleasantly upgraded to accommodate us (family of 3x) and we soaked in the architecture, art and amenities of this hotel. The staff helped us in many ways, even to the extent of giving us a mobile phone, programmed with their phone number, so we could call them if we needed some help (so amazingly brilliant touch of service - invaluable in the city of Beijing). If you are looking for something unique, authentic and special....this is the place!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was the best place ever . It has so much character, the wonderful red door you step through then to a peaceful courtyard, softly lit and onto our room in beautiful decor. We felt so at home and so nice not to be in a sterile hotel.It was the personal touches that made our stay so enjoyable, staff that were friendly and so happy to help. The chef cooked a scrumptious breakfast, different every morning.Walking along the Hutong to Cote Cour made us feel like we were in China. We will return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This was a very different and lovely experience. You can stay at a large lobbied, shiny floored usual run-of-the mill five star hotel anywhere; but this was a traditional Chinese experience, with culture and convinince tied together. The lasting memory was a very friendly staff, and a cosy homely atmosphere. If I'm ever in beijing, I'm going back to this place. And I really suggest that you do too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Each time we walked through the red front door was like entering our own little private oasis. Better yet, the small and personal layout of the hotel, combined with the friendliness of the staff, made it feel like we were staying with family.

The traditional yet contemporary Chinese design of the hotel is breathtaking, so much so that I photographed each aspect of our room in the hopes of recreating it at home one day. The staff are extremely helpful, providing directions, restaurant recommendations and arranging easy transfers to and from the airport. The delicious cooked breakfast in the beautifully decorated lounge is a great way to start each day, and the central location of the hotel makes it an easy 20 minute walk to the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. If arriving by plane, I recommend using the hotel's transfer service as many taxis won't enter the hutong.

Everything about our stay was wonderful and it made for a perfect beginning to our first trip to China. We will definitely be staying at Cote Cour on our next trip back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Big Hotels are the same the world over.
Cote Cour has the benifit of great service and comfort but in the midst of centuries of culture.
Love my Hutong (Alley).

The staff were fantastic, couldn't help enough.
The rooms very comfortable, thanks for internet access too.
Chef was very accommodating.

All around, the life is how the locals live - what a learning experience.
The food in the area is not your tourest dumbed down, but real good.
I wish I could click my fingers and be back every dinner time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay at this gorgeous boutique hotel. Very much enjoyed the contemporary Chinese design. The staff were incredibly helpful with restaurant suggestions. Breakfast was very good.

Notes:
- It is difficult to get in and out of the hutong where the hotel is located. That said, it was a great location in the heart of the city (close to 2 metro stops, 3min walk to main road).
- There was renovation work at the time of my stay. Banging started quite early on the Saturday morning (about 8am), which was quite annoying.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Cote Cour Beijing? Share your experiences!