“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Regent Beijing

Save Saved
You added Regent Beijing to your Saves list
Regent Beijing
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.99 Jinbao Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100005, China (Tian'anmen / Wangfujing)   |
Ranked #37 of 5,119 hotels in Beijing
Toronto, Canada
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our choice of Regent Hotel was great for location, ability to walk to good shopping, foreigner friendly restaurants, and quiet location for my family.
The pool was very nice, no need for swim cap like some other hotels in China. Breakfast buffet which is included has all types of different foods, great start to the day.
Service was a bit below expectations. Very good, but I am accustomed to 5 star service at the Regents I stay in. Found the Shangri-la service better.
Starbucks next store.
Rooms were excellent, adjoining room for my family was very helpful, beds and showers awesome.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
KarimvA, Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms at Regent Beijing, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts on your recent visit to the Regent Beijing.

We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your overall stay but would be curious to find out how we could further improve our service as we seemed to fall somewhat short of your expectations judging from your review.

Should you wish to share any further details, please do send me an email at karim.alvensleben@regent-beijing.com.

938 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mablethorpe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was the final hotel on our Viking river cruise adventure. The hotel luxury and decor was excellent. We stayed 2 nights and found that compared to the Shangri-la in Shanghai and the Hilton in Xi"an the service from the staff especially in the dining room was well below standard. We were treated as if they did not want us there and doing anything was just too much trouble. and to cap it all we got back to the UK and this hotel had put a £216.77 charge on our credit card that was nothing to do with us! This was such a shame because this service let down what would have been a really nice stay in this hotell.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking your time for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us.

Although we were glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, we were very sorry to hear of the shortcomings experienced during your stay.

I have shared your comments on the service in the restaurant with my Food and Beverage colleagues. I have also tried to locate the late charge you mention but was unable to find it and as you know, your identity and privacy are protected on TripAdvisor, so I am unable to find your booking or billing information.

Please send me an email at karim.alvensleben@regent-beijing.com should you wish for me to look into the matter further to either rectify a possible mistake or furnish you with a clear explanation for the said charge.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Hotel is in great location! Easy to get to all markets and access to any form of transportation. Strongly recommend buffet breakfest to start a day of touring. Hotel was great for travelers to get adjusted to opposite time zone. Starbucks fix next door to hotel!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
KarimvA, Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms at Regent Beijing, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your opinion on your recent stay at the Regent Beijing.

We were delighted to hear that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back once again if your travels bring you back to Beijing!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel is located in the middle of Beijing city with easy access to the major tourist attractions. Also very close to nearby restaurants both Chinese and Western, convenient on cold winter nights. Room is very spacious, with a good view. Service is excellent and hotel staff speak good English.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
KarimvA, Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms at Regent Beijing, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your first stay with us at the Regent Beijing and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back once again soon!

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was my first trip to Beijing and I was thrilled to see how wonderful the Regent Beijing was. Literally from the very first moment we arrived, the staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and at home.

When our cab pulled up from the airport, there was some confusion about the fee. Because no one in our party spoke Mandarin, we weren't totally sure what the issue was. The staff graciously stepped in and, as it happened, the cab driver did not have sufficient change for the 100 Yuan note we had given him. The bell staff made change and helped us get checked in. After a delayed 12 1/2 hour flight, this was a delight!

The location is remarkable. It is an easy walk to amazing sites as others have mentioned. The subway entrance is literally in the building. There are great shops, restaurants, and places to grab a drink within a 5 minute walk.

The breakfast buffet was stellar. No one in our group needed lunch because we were still stuffed. There were American options, European options, Japanese options, and, of course, Chinese options. I had dumplings and dim sum for breakfast every day and didn't tire of it. For July 4th, there was a special BBQ lunch for my group. I got there late and the staff had already cleaned up. They wouldn't, however, let me leave hungry so the cook prepared a hamburger and Coke for me! This went above and beyond as it was completely my fault for arriving late.

Some have commented about being uncomfortable with the temperature of the rooms. I couldn't disagree more strongly. I found my street facing room perfectly cool every day and night.

The only challenges I faced were related to the air. This was not the fault of the hotel. There is a high degree of air pollution in the city and there are many more smokers there than where I live.

If I were to go back to Beijing for business, I would certainly stay at the Regent. Their facilities were great, the staff welcoming, and I was treated like royalty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
KarimvA, Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms at Regent Beijing, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment of your time to share your recent experience at the Regent Beijing!

We were delighted to hear that we once again delivered on our promise and that you had such a great stay with us! We shared your comments with our teams to recognize their great ongoing efforts as they are the ones who make it all possible.

I'm glad to hear that you had no issues with the temperature in your room. Although we have had a few issues in the past with this, we have been working hard on resolving this issue and we have now resolved it.

We look forward to welcoming you back once again when you return to Beijing for business!
Walnut Creek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel is well located in the center of Beijing. The cab ride from the Beijing airport took about 1 hour with moderate traffic and cost 100RMB or ~$17. When we arrived at 12:30 our rooms were not ready. We could return at 2pm for room keys. The staff spoke very good English and was very helpful. The lobby was well appointed, with a Bentley and Rolls Royce dealer on either side. I took a 20-30 min walk to Tiananmen Square and entrance to the Forbidden City. Many interesting sites and local people. I never felt unsafe walking around.
The room was very nice with floor to ceiling windows and a very large king size bed. I don’t think I’ve ever see a bed so large. It was much bigger than US king size beds. The room was 18’ x 13’ and the bathroom was 7’ x 12’. The glass wall between the bathroom and bedroom area had motorized horizontal blinds. You could see into the bathroom if you wanted or hide the space from the rest of the room. Next to the bed there was a “Night Light” switch that turned on a light below the night stand and under the sink in the bathroom. Nice feature.
The room had a good size personal safe that allowed me to lock up my laptop and other valuables. I did not use the free shoe shining. The free Wi-Fi was very strong and Skype to the US worked very smoothly. I did experience some internet “slowdown/filtering” in Beijing. For a few hours I could access my Yahoo email without issue and the Gmail would not send or receive. Apparently not unusual for Beijing.
The free health club was very nice. There is a beautiful indoor pool and a lot of space with exercise equipment. The locker room was also very nice. I did not check out the Spa.
I tried to change USD cash to RMB at the only bank that can do it –Bank of China. Upon entering the bank, I was given a number with the time and indicating there are13 people in front of me. I watch the most inefficient system and after 1 hour I had to leave for a meeting before my number was called. Use an ATM if you need more cash and hope that your info is not stolen.
We did not buy the expensive breakfast buffet and opted to go to Starbucks around the back of the hotel for a typical Starbucks type breakfast. The hotel staff was all very helpful in all areas. When you pull up in a Taxi they provide you a card that they have written the taxi number on in case you forgot something in the Taxi. It is also nice to keep the card with you as the hotel address is written in Chinese and can be shown to the Taxi driver when you want to get back to the hotel.
I will definitely go back to this hotel on my next trip to Beijing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us at the Regent Beijing!

We were extremely glad to hear that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay here with us!

I see that you have experienced first-hand the issues with internet connectivity to which we are sometimes subjected here (Google and Google-related sites seem to be more often affected than other domains) and we thank you for your understanding.

We are very happy to be able to count you as an addition to our family of repeat guests from now on and we most certainly look forward to welcoming you back once again when you return to Beijing!
Leuven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have been multplie times to Beijing now and stayed in lots of hotels but The Regent is excellent quality for a stay in this city. Business as well as family stay. Always feel like coming home. Breakfast is really excellent, staff very helpfull (front desk, taxi stand, restaurants, ...)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
KarimvA, Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms at Regent Beijing, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your continued loyalty towards our hotel. We are delighted to know that we are your home away from home in Beijing and even more so that you once again enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back once again soon when you return to Beijing!

Been to Regent Beijing? Share your experiences!