Picture this if you may. You're sitting at an airport late afternoon where the temperatures inside the building are at a searing 37 C, no aircon inside the entire building, your flight has just been marked as "delayed" for the third time that afternoon, you ask around and no one has a clue when your flight is going to depart, then, 4 hours later, you finally board the plane, and as soon as it pushes back from the gate, they tell you it's delayed AGAIN and that they're going to shut off the electricity (including the A/C) to "conserve energy".....
Sound familiar ? What sort of a mood would that put you in if you had to go through this ?
Well, that's what happened to me at the tail end of my last trip, which didn't go well for 3 days, so you can imagine that by the time our flight finally landed in Beijing, all sorts of things were going through my head ... Hotel car won't be waiting, checkin is going to go badly, I mean, seriously, bad things come in 3s.... and I was expecting nothing but the worst...
As soon as we left the jetway, the hotel rep was standing there right at the gate, took our hand luggage, walked us to the baggage claim area, picked up all our luggage, took us straight to the waiting car, which whisked us straight to the hotel...
At the hotel, I took a short breath before I went through the door... And... the hotel receptionist was waiting at the door collected our passports and...within 2 minutes, my room was upgraded to an executive suite, my colleagues were all checked in, and we were in an elevator on the way up to the room....
By the way, this was a VERY sharp contrast to my previous experience at this hotel.
OK, so to this point, I'm impressed....REALLY impressed, as this is the Westin Experience I had learned to get used to.
There was a bowl of fruit on the table, water, and ... here's the interesting part, the A/C was set to the temperature of my preference...
Next morning, breakfast in the lounge was a truly amazing and relaxing experience... The rooms manager checked in with us to see if all was well (we had no reason to complain). We had a MAJOR event for our group at this hotel... Do you know how long it took for them to throw it all together (to the media's satisfaction)...24 hours... and they did a PERFECT job.
In short, one negative experience should not destroy your stay, talk to the right people, they can and will make a difference. Address your concerns logically and chronologically, hopefully you'll enjoy your experiences as much as we did !
May is the rooms manager there, she does nothing less than an amazing job. I recommend you talk to her if you have any problems in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the midst of the capital’s financial district with access to major corporate headquarters, the hotel is just minutes from cultural icons such as The Forbidden City as well as Beijing’s finest shopping and entertainment districts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your The Westin Beijing Financial Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beijing Financial Street Hotel Beijing
- Westin Beijing Financial Street
- Beijing Westin
- Westin Hotel Beijing