Decided to try a new hotel in Beijing in a different location than normal. We arrived late from the airport and were tired and edgy due to the taxi from the airport. We checked in was upgrade to a suite. Good start. However we get to the room and smell smoke. This was a non-smoking room. Went downstairs and mentioned we smelled smoke and were immediately moved to a new suite. The suites are large with a separate bedroom with shower and bath. Large closet both in the room and the hall with 2 luggage racks. The living room is large with a 1/2 bathroom, large desk and couch. Wifi was excellent the entire time we were there. Bathroom towels and bathrobes were excellent.
Best part of the stay was the lounge. As platinum we had breakfast as well as cocktails in the lounge. Very comfortable with a good view of the forbidden city (if you can see it from the smog). This was our home for breakfast 6-10 hot items with eggs or pancakes on order and cold items with excellent fruit. The cheese and the salmon were my favorites. For cocktails again there were hot items as well as great cold items. On a few days when we were worn out from sightseeing we just had dinner there instead.
THE STAFF WAS EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!! From welcoming us every day, to bring coffee, juice, clearing plates to making sure our wine glasses were filled we had excellent service. So I know if I mention people I will forget some but Shane and Henry were outstanding and others I did not get the names written down.
The hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk to the metro station and miraculously the taxis were waiting at a stand at the hotel. Generally the concierges were ok for very simple things but did not go out of their way to help. So we had the club people help us instead.
Highly recommend, will stay next time.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beijing Financial Street Hotel
- The Westin Beijing Financial Street Hotel Beijing
- Westin Beijing Financial Street
- Westin Beijing
- Beijing Westin
- Westin Hotel Beijing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Beijing, Financial Street is centrally located just minutes from The Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. The hotel reflect all that Westin has become famous for, including the Westin Heavenly Bed, the Westin Executive Club, the Westin Kids Club, a rainforest shower as well as all the features of a modern luxury hotel. You can unwind in the Westin Heavenly Spa, recharge with a Westin Workout, or enjoy free wireless high speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Ctrip DaoDao, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Beijing Financial Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.