“Beware the bed bugs bite” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Home Inn (Beijing Beixinqiao)

You added Home Inn (Beijing Beixinqiao) to your Saves list
Home Inn (Beijing Beixinqiao)
No.7 Xiguan Hutong, Dongsi North Main Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100007, China (Beijing Workers' Sports Complex)   |
Ranked #375 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
4.0 of 5 stars 182 Reviews
Shanghai, China
“Beware the bed bugs bite”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

It was a rather small room but I could live with that, loved the location adjacent to hutong areas, but a major problem was I was eaten alive by what turned out to be bed bugs. I had big welts all over my body for the next week. How do I know it was this hotel? Well I returned back to my apartment in another city where I had never had any such problems before and haven't since.

Room Tip: avoid because of these problems
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Are you looking for a hotel with common ammenities such as an elevator and a window to the outside? Perhaps this is not a good place for you. I was lucky and got a second floor room so I only had to carry my suitcases up two flights. The window was funny. I went to open it for some fresh air and when I pulled the curtain back, I was looking at people in the hallway. Too funny. The staff honestly tried to help despite not speaking English. The one drawback of this place (and all other Home Inns that I have stayed in) is the escort cards slipped under your door. I even caught the guy doing it, pointed at my door number, and said "Bu!". The hotel staff don't care and don't dissuade them. The cards kept coming (they aren't even that good-looking).
Oh, one of the two bottles was open and resealed (didn't drink it) and the hotel fan only makes noise (came out of my shower to a cloud of mist).
Beds are very hard. I think Home Inns is a shareholder in the local pharmaceutical industry for lower back pain.
Anyways, If you travel with a light bag and don't need a view, or outside air, this place would be adequate. I have stayed in PLENTY of Home Inns and had better rooms (for example, Shenzhen Futian district). "Average" for this place, and I'm not that picky.
-Mike (Canada)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Excellent location/easy subway travel to Tianamen Square/Forbidden City/Lama Temple etc! Easy to find by walking from Beixinqiao subway stop. Also, located near the entrance of a quiet, peaceful hutong. In the morning take a stroll down the alley and find a busy local market alley at the end. Also, it is worth eating at the little restaurant across the alley from the hotel- excellent food, picture menu, very reasonable price. Also, hotel staff are very friendly and accomodating. If you come having learned some basic and necessary Chinese, the staff make a big effort to understand your needs.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Home Inn (Beijing Beixinqiao)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Home Inn (Beijing Beixinqiao)

Address: No.7 Xiguan Hutong, Dongsi North Main Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100007, China
Location: China > Beijing Region > Beijing > Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
#41 Best Value Hotel in Beijing
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA and TripOnline SA so you can book your Home Inn (Beijing Beixinqiao) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Home Hotel Beijing Beixinqiao

If you own or manage Home Inn (Beijing Beixinqiao), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.