“hotel provide very low customer service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wangfujing Yindi Hotel

You added Wangfujing Yindi Hotel to your Saves list
Wangfujing Yindi Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.343 Dongsi North Main Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100010, China (Beijing Workers' Sports Complex)   |
Ranked #1,773 of 5,424 Hotels in Beijing
3.5 of 5 stars 56 Reviews
Brisbane, Australia
“hotel provide very low customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Decided to stay at this hotel, despite so many negative reviews, because of its CHEAP!!

I arrived about 3 am in the morning, the receptionists were not very welcoming , which was my first suprise as all the people at all the hotels we had stayed in were charming,welcoming and caring.

Most staff spoke little to no English and were not unfriendly, but not friendly either.
The reception staff are just horrible, so unfriendly, no smile and not helpful.

Room Tip: Do not pay the card key deposit by credit card otherwise you lost your deposit!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The name tripadvisor has for this hotel is slightly off. I believe it is called DongDanYiDing Hotel officially. I had taken a taxi from the airport to the hotel for 80-90 RMB. For the location and price, I think it was a good deal. The staff cannot speak English, so it would be beneficial if you could speak Mandarin too them.
I would not classify this place as a hotel. Albeit they did not offend me in anyway, but the quality of service is close to a motel or a low quality inn.

Location:
The hotel is situated between ZhangZiZongLu Station and DongSi Station. If you know your way around Beijing, it's North East of WangFuJing and Forbidden City - an easy bus ride to NanLuoGuXiang or SanLiTun.

Price:
I had booked this hotel via C-trip for 187 RMB/night, but when I was at the lobby, I noticed the standard price written on the board was 400+ RMB for a room (which would be a rip off). They had asked for a 400 RMB deposit when I checked in.

Rooms:
I had a standard room. 2 single beds. Hard mattresses which is very normal in China. A shower/toilet area with clean towels. A TV and a supplied heater for those very cold nights in Beijing. It was very clean.

Annoyances:
Most hotels would give you complementary water, but they charged me per bottle I drank. 3RMB.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Grover Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel 4 nights while in Beijing. When I first arrived I was asked for a large deposit for the room and was assured I would get it back upon departure. I was also asked to pay a 15% luxury tax. My second night I again was charged an additional deposit for the very same room. During my stay I went on a few of the hotel tours. I was always made to pay for v.i.p.seats and meals, which were very nice, but not my normal choice. upon my departure I recieved a fraction of my deposit back for no apparent reason. I left the room clean and tidy. I also accidently left my phone charger in the room. when I went back for it a few hours later it was gone. The hotel claimed that they were " proffesional" and all lost items were put in the lost and found. I must have left it somewhere else. I also had the front desk book a room for me in another hotel in a different city, which was substantially cheaper.They went ahead and booked it but told me the new hotel was shabby, did not have wifi, and had no food accomodations. come to find out this was not true, the new hotel was much nicer than the dong dan. I do not recommend this hotel because of the staffs complete lack of honesty. Its location is not close to any of the cities attractions, however it is close to the metro.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Friendly and helpful staff are perhaps the best thing of this hotel even the janitors are quite friendly. Strategic location too. Everything are just few steps away. Cleanliness is questionable. Water cooked from the kettle is full of unknown white particles. Water shielding design for the shower is bad. Remember to move the toilet roll to other place when taking shower else it'll be soaked.

One confusion is the English name of the hotel. The outlet writes "Eden Hotel", the name card writes "Silver Road Hotel" and other printed material writes "Beijing Yindi Hotel"

Doha
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Hotel is not that Fancy, it is affordable, and in a prome location,staff were quite good, but the problem they dont speak english, only one staff speaks english, rooms were clean and nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

Good for a budget traveller wanting to stay in central Beijing, but very average other than that. Small rooms, average cleanliness (by Chinese standards), average price (for downtown BJ). Friendly front staff.
Stay away from the Korean BBQ next door. They told us if we spent 100Y one night we could have a free lunch the next day, which they then charged us for once we had already ordered.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Wangfujing Yindi Hotel? Share your experiences!