“best service I've ever had” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street

You added The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 East Jinchengfang Street, Financial Street, Xicheng District, Beijing 100032, China (Xidan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #29 of 5,423 Hotels in Beijing
New York City, New York
“best service I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This hotel is the best hotel I've ever stayed in for service. Unbelievable!!! I would stay here again in a heartbeat and would even go to Beijing just to stay there. I felt like a queen the entire time! They collected me when I got lost, they sorted out an external driver who messed me around, they prepared me pack lunch, they took me to and from the airport and their driver was outside all of my meetings waiting for me. The food is amazing!! the oatmeal - oh my god! seriously. I was sick here for a day and it's the sort of hotel you want to be sick in as you know you are in completely safe hands. I love this hotel and the people here are just so sweet. Staying here really made my experience of China a beautiful one.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We were booked into the Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street as part of a Viking River Cruise vacation and we can't say enough about the attention to detail by the entire hotel staff. They were truly there to assist and please the guest. We had dinner and breakfasts in the hotel and they were outstanding. The buffet breakfasts offered an unending assortment of foods each day.
The rooms were large, very comfortable and very clean. Bottled water available upon request. It was located in a section of Beijing where you could go out and feel safe walking around and shopping. There was also a large underground mall accessible from the hotel where you could pick up a bottle of wine or two to enjoy in your room.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We also stayed here at the start of our Viking River Cruises China Cultural Delights tour for three nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This was in no small part due to the excellent staff here who were friendly, helpful and efficient. Nothing was too much trouble for them and any request followed up very quickly. We forgot to turn our electronic Do Not Disturb sign off one day and despite our late afternoon call to housekeeping they were there and the room sorted within 15 minutes. For the most part everyone spoke excellent English, or found someone who could very quickly.

The food in the buffet style/casual restaurant was very good and there was a good choice of dishes at breakfast. Drinks were fairly expensive, but we expected this in a 5 star hotel and the charming way they were served made it painless!

Our apparently standard room was extremely spacious and well appointed as was the bathroom, and it was all spotlessly clean.

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel and if I was ever in Beijing again would book it without a second thought.

Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the past and quite satisfied. However this time made me think this hotel is ruining down. 1) housekeep is really poor 2) staff do not understand what they are talking about. However the executive lounge on the 18th floor was quite good.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Iwan D, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Mr. Chen,

Thank you very much for staying at your Ritz-Carlton Beijing, Financial Street, for taking the time to leave your comment, and for the very nice compliments about our Club level service.

On the other hand, I am very sorry to hear that your experience with housekeeping on this occasion did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon, and will ensure that your future stays with us will be very memorable.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Yours sincerely,
Iwan Dietschi
Area General Manager
The Ritz-Carlton Beijing, Financial Street
Yatton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed in this hotel for three nights at the start of our Viking Rover Cruises tour of China. Very good it is, too.
The service and welcome we received during our stay was impeccable, there were always lots of smiling faces whenever we left or returned.
Breakfast was a mix of a Chinese and western style buffet - and to a good standard.
Our room was superb, with every possible convenience you could think of - and a few that were new to us.
As the name implies, the hotel is in the financial area and it is attached to an upmarket shopping precinct - the whole area is perfectly safe for an evening stroll and is close to sites such as Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for three nights recently. The lactation is very good being near to the square and the forbidden city. The service was as good as it gets. Food also very good and reasonable value for a top quality hotel. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. There are many top of the range hotels in Beijing but I would recommend this one to everyone.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bonita Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed for 3 days as part of a Viking tour group. The location was excellent, the hotel was modern and very nice. More importantly the staff was fantastic. Our hospitality host was Allen Chang, who was available each morning and whenever we returned to the hotel. Allen was extremely pleasant and helpful. He seemed to be truly interested we enjoyed Beijing.

The dining staff was very attentive, and friendly. Both the General Manager Ivan and the head chef Nathan were present and engaged in conversations with the guests. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Beijing, enhanced by our experience at The Ritz.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street? Share your experiences!