Overall, this hotel lives up to its five star rating. We spent three nights here as my wife and I kicked off our China tour. Service is excellent with greeters to always meet you as you enter the lobby. The desk clerk was very courteous and patient as I struggled to exchange money - be aware that the Bank of China will not except folded, torn or dirty bills. (Of course, the stuff they give you in exchange looks like the dog chewed on it.) The pool boy went out of his way to explain the lockers and show me around; and most of the time someone was standing by to help with the elevators. Our room was made up in an expiditious and unobtrusive manner and was always very clean. There were no worn carpets or stains anywhere.
I demand two simple things from a hotel, whether it is a Ritz-Carlton or a Motel 6: hot water for my shower and absolute quiet. In this case the hot water was available in abundance and the room was deathly quiet - with the exception noted below.
As for the rough edges:
- Our shower door leaked. Not only did this make a big mess, but the resulting wet bathroom floor was a slip hazard.
- One night I was awakened by loud shouting and slamming outside my window. I assumed it was a couple of drunks, but looking outside it appeared to be hotel employees moving either laundry or dishes from the hotel to trucks. Why this task was undertaking at 3AM and so loudly is beyond me. It took two calls to resolve the issue - or maybe they just finished the job finally. Anyway, not what I would expect from a hotel of this caliber.
But overall, our stay was pleasent and a good introduction to the country of China. I would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton Beijing, Financial Street is strategically located at Financial District in the city center. Business and leisure travelers have easy access to Chang'an Avenue as well as the renowned Forbidden City and various cultural landmarks. A contemporary design of glass and chrome with Oriental influences, the hotel's 253 guest rooms are well appointed with luxury amenities and technological conveniences. Dining facilities include three signature restaurants, a lounge and bar serving Chinese, Italian and everyday cuisines. A 1,500 square-meter full-scale lifestyle spa with an extensive health club are featured alongside spacious function rooms and a ballroom divisible into three salons. The hotel recently won numerous accolades including "World's Best Hotels 2014" in Travel + Leisure (U.S.A.) , Conde Nast Traveler "Reader's Choice 2014", Top 25 Hotels in Asia, No.1 In Beijing and Conde Nast Traveler "Gold List 2014" - 5 years in a row, one of the top hotels in the world, being included in the prestigious Platinum Circle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotel.de so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street Hotel Beijing
- Beijing Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Beijing