“Great hotel with some rough edges” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 East Jinchengfang Street, Financial Street, Xicheng District, Beijing 100032, China (Xidan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #30 of 5,418 Hotels in Beijing
Vermilion, Ohio
“Great hotel with some rough edges”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Overall, this hotel lives up to its five star rating. We spent three nights here as my wife and I kicked off our China tour. Service is excellent with greeters to always meet you as you enter the lobby. The desk clerk was very courteous and patient as I struggled to exchange money - be aware that the Bank of China will not except folded, torn or dirty bills. (Of course, the stuff they give you in exchange looks like the dog chewed on it.) The pool boy went out of his way to explain the lockers and show me around; and most of the time someone was standing by to help with the elevators. Our room was made up in an expiditious and unobtrusive manner and was always very clean. There were no worn carpets or stains anywhere.

I demand two simple things from a hotel, whether it is a Ritz-Carlton or a Motel 6: hot water for my shower and absolute quiet. In this case the hot water was available in abundance and the room was deathly quiet - with the exception noted below.

As for the rough edges:
- Our shower door leaked. Not only did this make a big mess, but the resulting wet bathroom floor was a slip hazard.
- One night I was awakened by loud shouting and slamming outside my window. I assumed it was a couple of drunks, but looking outside it appeared to be hotel employees moving either laundry or dishes from the hotel to trucks. Why this task was undertaking at 3AM and so loudly is beyond me. It took two calls to resolve the issue - or maybe they just finished the job finally. Anyway, not what I would expect from a hotel of this caliber.

But overall, our stay was pleasent and a good introduction to the country of China. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Beijing is a noisy city, therefore a higher room overlooking the courtyard is recommended if you are...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed here for only one night and I wish I could have stayed longer. The service of Ritz is excellent. All the staffs I met were very friendly which is not common here in the capital city of China. When I set up the morning call, the operator reminded me that they can bring coffee or tea to the room which is rather unexpected and they did next morning. Since it is very difficult to find a cab in Beijing and most of the guests in Ritz are for business around the financial area, the hotel offers a Benz as a shuttle around this area which made my life much easier. The breakfast is typical five star standard and not too much to address. I ordered room service for lunch and the Spaghetti Gamberoni Aglio Olio is the best I had in Beijing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

All good at Ritz Carton. Excellent restaurant and service in the room. Barolo restaurant has the best ravioli I have ever eaten.

The pool is about 15 m long. For business and family trips you got all you need.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chester, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times with good results. The spa, inparticular, for business men, is superb with a seperate entrance, and nice steam room, a mini spa pool, and sauna, a very well done. Food very good. Only complaint is when I left, around 5:30 am in the morning to catch a taxi, no one was at the desk. When my car service didnt show, it took me a good 15-20 minutes to have someone come and help me hail a taxi and get me to the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed here for three days to attend an event in Beijing. The overall rate is still on a Ritz category, however, the lobby is a bit small and cramped with just a few more people and the buffet was just ok (as a 5 star luxurious hotel). The Front line (Guest Relation & Front Office) was exceptional in extending their service, and also the housekeeping staff. But the in-room dining staff needs to understand more English as the staff of a five star hotel. The room is really spacious and posh. The bathroom space was humangus but they need to update (at least) to provide a douch. Overall stay is as expected when you stay in one of the Ritz hotels, pleasant and reliable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed here for three nights for a business trip. The rooms were nice and comfortable however in need of a bit of an update which is why I didn't give a five rating. Gym was nice. Service was very friendly. Lobby lounge/bar felt a bit stuffy but I guess that's as expected given the hotel chain. I didn't eat any if my meals at the hotel except for ordering breakfast. Very tasty Bircher muesli! I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three days on September 2 to 4th. 2013 we had a pleasant room and all the conveniences that we expect from a fine hotel. The room was clean, quiet, and nicely appointed.The only glitch was the smoke detector seemed to beep in the middle of the night calling attention to a low battery I guess.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street? Share your experiences!