“Incredible Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 East Jinchengfang Street, Financial Street, Xicheng District, Beijing 100032, China (Xidan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #25 of 5,118 hotels in Beijing
“Incredible Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton on Financial Street several times over the past year on business, and every time my experience has been superb. The staff is always friendly, the service impeccable and the rooms spacious with the best of amenities. On my most recent stay in early June, I left on a Wednesday afternoon for the airport and a flight to Chengdu, a three hour flight away. While at the airport, I realized I had left my prescription drugs in my room. I immediately contacted the hotel and they immediately located the drugs. I spoke personally with the GM of the hotel who pledged to get me the drugs to my hotel in Chengdu the next day...the hotel sent a courier to deliver them to me by midday Thursday. Just incredible service. I would recommend the hotel to any business traveler.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Recently spent 3 days there for business. It was certainly a five-star hotel, with probably the biggest room size among all the Beijing hotels that I had ever stayed in. (I have stayed in almost a dozen five-star hotels in Beijing alone.) Hotel staff was friendly and courteous. Those being said, I didn't feel the same kind of "exclusiveness" that I normally would feel at other Ritz Carltons. And more importantly, getting a taxi there was a huge problem. It looked like taxi drivers normally just didn't go to the front entrance of the hotel, which faces a relatively quiet side street, off the main road. I tried to get a taxi three different times during my stay, and every single time I had to walk all the way out to the main road and waited for a long time. It was so inconvenient!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Food was outstanding & service amazing in all aspects! We were located here through a tour with Viking, and they could not have chosen better! We were out and about alot, but the hotel staff was always accomodating in anything we needed. Would recommend this location to anyone for any reason. Taxis were readily available ( and very cheap!), and the hotel concierge made sure they had the directions they needed. Chef Nathan and Carlos were friendly and sincerely helpful in anything we ask of them. GOOD JOB!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
East Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I waited more than 15 minutes before been helped during the check in. It was early Saturday afternoon and traffic was very light, they have several staff members in the lobby area, but no one seems bother to come over ask. The front desk staff was not friendly. She could hardly smile during the check in process. Offered me free breakfast for the long waiting but did not mention the breakfast hours. Next morning after a long trip from the US, I woke up around 10:00, called for breakfast hours and was told that it ends at 10:30 AM while several Marriott hotels in Beijing ends their breakfast either at 11:00 AM or 11:30 AM on the weekend. The staff told me that I can order off the menu, but have to pay for it.
The work out area is in the basement/lower level which is very damp. Have problems with some of the locks in the locker room. One morning found a cockroach crawling on the bench in the men's sauna room. It is a perfect condition for cockroaches to breed in such a damp and warm area.
During the check out, I called the bellman at 10:15 for luggage help. At 10:35 AM and after 2 more calls, still no one showed up in my room. I have to tell the housekeeping lady to watch my luggage while I went downstairs to check out my room.
I left my yoga matt in my room, called hotel and the lady at the lost and found refuse to arrange a delivery of my yoga matt to my new hotel which is across town at Beijing Marriott Northeast without charging me for the service. By the way, the room rate at the Marriott is half what I paid at Ritz, but I got a huge suite with two bath rooms and living room with its own dining area. The staff at the Marriott hotel was much more pleasant and helpful.
This is not the Ritz story I have ever heard before. I thought the Ritz hotel is on par compare with the Peninsula hotel, four seasons, Park Hyatt and some of the other top brand hotels I have stayed before. Either it was my bad luck, or they the Ritz should remove its name from this property.

By the way, the sound insulation is very bad in my room, I can hear everything from the room next to mine and electric curtain does not work most of the time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tenerife
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in May 2013 booked through Viking Cruises and what a place, our room was spacious and the large double bed was sooooooooooooo comfortable. The hotel is 5 star and it shows from entering the lobby the staff ensured we got to our room quickly using one of the many quick lifts. Our room on the 15th floor, which had one full length window from one side of the room to the other with great views over looked Beijing.

The room had everything remote control curtains to selected lighting, desk with free internet, free bottle water, mini bar not (used) tea 7 coffee and included a free safe. The bathroom was out of this world plenty of space with a great separate shower cubicle. What surprised us, is that it also had iron & ironing board which you need after a long flight.

The room was so relaxing especially after touring Beijing, the speed of the lifts meant you were not standing around waiting for a lift to come. The staff were fantastic from check-in to the restaurant staff who could not do more for you. The breakfast buffet style was just incredible with more or less everything you want, chefs cook the best omelette I have had for years. The only down fall is the restaurant were you have breakfast is not big enough if every one comes down all at the same time.

The hotel has a great swimming pool and connected to it is a shopping mall with excellent expensive shops and supermarket.

If you want style then this is it, not cheap but then 5 star luxury is not cheap.

Room Tip: The higher the better if you want to see Beijing.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel, but the 'wear and tear' is at some places already visible. This is not unusual in China, where the quality of material at time of construction and the not always perfect maintenance is noticeable. Nonetheless, this is a very good hotel. Service and friendliness of staff cannot be better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
West Bend, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We spent our first 3 nights of a Viking River Cruise tour of China at the Ritz Carlton
Finance Street, Beijing. It was a wonderful start to the trip. The room was lovely, and well maintained with towels, amenities, etc. refreshed twice a day. The bed was marvelous. The full wall window view was terrific.
The meals were included in our tour, so we dined in the lobby level restaurant for 3 breakfasts and one dinner. They were outstanding with both Western and Eastern fare, much made to order at stations. Executive Chef Nathan Brown was always visible, often in the lobby, willing and ready to make English speaking guests 'ease' into being in China. He's a real gem. The entire wait staff was a cut above, making us feel like special family visiting them. Service was seamless and given with such warmth, even help with Chinese pronunciation lessons! We ended our trip at the Ritz Portman in Shanghai. It was lovely, too. But it did make us realize that 'step above' we had experienced in service and cuisine at the Beijing sister hotel. We wish it was closer so we could visit again soon!

Room Tip: Avoid the 17th floor, the lounge is above.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street? Share your experiences!