“Greatest christmas!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Beijing Financial Street
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 East Jinchengfang Street, Financial Street, Xicheng District, Beijing 100032, China (Xidan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #27 of 5,111 hotels in Beijing
“Greatest christmas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Our stay at the Ritz in Beijing in December 2011 was absolutely fabulous. Upon arrival, we received a massive hamper with lots of local and international snacks and drinks. The room was very spacious and we were surprised with the attentive staff.

The food was really good, as we ate most evenings at the hotel. The swimming pool is amazing, as I have never seen such elaborate changing rooms annex spa. The staff always helped us with getting around Beijing, and they have a very reliable fleet of taxis waiting outside, no matter what temperature!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stay at the Ritz Carlton Financial Street whenever I travel to Beijing for business - 2 to 3 times a year for 2-3 days each stay. The location is convenient for business travelers visiting the financial institutions nearby. But I would not recommend this hotel for tourists, as there is very little interesting around, scarce in terms of "real" local restaurants, neighborhoods, etc. The more interesting stuff is either to the north or to the east, which can take up to an hour to get to because of the traffic and difficulty of getting a taxi during peak hours.

The hotel itself is exactly on par with a Ritz, or an other 5-star hotel in Asia. Yet, for some reason for me there is a distinct lack of character or personality that usually distinguish even a chain hotel at this level. So I never really look forward to staying here.

Service, furnishing, etc is all good, but again, fully expected of a Ritz or similarly classed hotel, so I don't think anyone would be disappointed.

So rating it Average

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have had the chance to be in that hotel for several nights. It's classy style makes the stay very warm. The rooms are superb and the location is convenient. In the middle of financial district. Staff were very nice and helpful and the restaurant offered top food. Recommended

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Schwaz, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Located directly west of central Beijing, as the hotel name implies it serves the surrounding business financial community - although access to the main city tourist sites is good. Often in China distinctions between hotel [and other] brands can be fuzzy - this hotel is an example. A Ritz in name, the lobby and rooms are more akin to a fine Marriott; they lack the distinctive features and glitz that distinguish a Ritz. One exception is Cepe, the outstanding Italian restaurant - offering a range of delicious Italian dishes and service to match. Service at the hotel was excellent - staff members spoke very good English and were anxious to ensure our needs were met. As others have noted - elements of the hotel are beginning to show wear, the condition of several of the carpets is pretty inexcusable for a hotel of this category and cost. The spa and pool looked deluxe, but didn’t get a chance to try them. In summary - carefully check rates at other highly ranked hotels in Beijing before booking here. Unless your meetings are nearby and/or a discount rate is available, you can probably do a bit better. Do stop a for a dinner at Cepe, if you are in the mood for Italian. FYI - a taxi to/from Beijing airport should charge around 100 CNY including the road tolls. Do have a map and the hotel phone number handy as the taxi driver may not be familiar with its location nestled among office buildings.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Friends and I were thinking to visit Beijing for a short weekend getaway, without any hesitation I chose the Ritz-Carlton. It's famous for it's superb service, and this time with no exception. From the minute we walked out of the aircraft, there was already someone greeted us and escorted us to the immigration and then helped with luggage and then the limo was already waiting for us.

When we arrived at the hotel, the manager came out greeted us and without going through any hassle of check in process, we're escorted to our suite. The entire process was so seamless that I couldn't even remember how I got to the suite.

There were 4 of us and they have thoughtfully arranged a nice suite connecting with another room so we're like staying in a huge apartment with a nice and spacious living area and two twin rooms on each side.

The suite and room were nicely decorated, room temperature was set at the right level, nice flower arrangement and plenty of bottled water (which I was very impressed as they know my preference). All that have made us feel like at home.
Since we didn't have any plans, we went up to the Club Lounge to have a coffee and while chatting with the manager, she quickly gave us recommendations on places to visit. She even printed us with the detailed descriptions as well as an enlarged map, wrote down the wordings for us to show to taxi drivers. When we're ready to go out, taxi was already arranged and waiting at the driveway for us.

On our last day, since we're tired and didn't want to go out, we decided to stay in the hotel for lunch. It was quite late in the afternoon and we weren’t sure if lunch was still served, we anyway went to the Chinese Restaurant to give it a try. Obviously, lunch was over but the hostess didn't turn us away, instead she offered a nice private room. Food quality was excellent, which was expected. What we liked most was hot food was really served hot, even the plate for hot food was hot. The portion was just right, and the Chef even came out to introduce the dishes.

Overall, we had a wonderful visit, friends and I concluded the best part of our trip was the stay at the Ritz-Carlton, it's so comfortable and homey that we didn't want to leave.

Caring staff, attentive service, what's best than that when you stay in a hotel, that's beyond excellence!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed at Ritz-Carlton Beijing in the past weekend with my friends. It was not my first time to Beijing but this is the best experience of all with hotel services and rooms.

We are constantly being helped with care on where to go and where to eat. When we get on taxi before we close the door, often reminders to the drivers were heard to reconfirm the places we're going which i DO NOT find when staying in other hotels.

We had a nice dim sum lunch at the Chinese restaurant and had fantastic good food served with heated plates.

I love the decorations and design of the rooms and public areas which is very cozy yet classy with feel of designers' work of art, especially the flowers arrangements all over the place which are very eye-catching to women like me. The amenities in the room are perfect, bed is heavenly comfortable and love the chocolates every night on the bedside.

I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family even though its location is in financial street, it is close to all the good food and sightseeing areas.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Ulsan, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

During the Chinese' New Year, I decided to visit Beijing with my family, to experience the REAL Chinese new year festival. Honestly, in the beginning, I was little hesitating whether I'm choosing the right place for the vacation or not, since we are traveling by ourselves without any assistance. However, as soon as I arrived in this hotel, I realized there is nothing to be concerned about. Although it is my first time with the Ritz-Carlton, it didn't take me long time to find out why so many people are enthusiastic about Ritz-Carlton. So I would like to share some point I felt from this hotel.

-Even though hotel is well known for best business hotel, it is also very conveniently located for the tourists, especially for the foreigners. Since the hotel near the central place of Beijing, we were able to go anywhere in the city with in 30~40mins. (Not crowded at this time)
-The suite room that we stay was very well furnished and large enough for our family to stay at comfort, and the housekeeping services were very consistent.(Offered 2 cleaning service everyday). So the room was always stay flawless, always feel like at home. Very impressed about the modern bathtub design, and whole marble floor was well balance with room feature.
-Excellent concierge and the front desk team; very well knowledge about Beijing, able to answer every question at no hesitation, and also all of the recommended places were outstanding, nothing more to say. They impressed us from the beginning day of our trip, even ask them to plan our rest of the trip too! Always seem happy to engaging with the guest; at the end of the trip we all become good "FRIENDS". We were able to experience "CHINA" at any difficulties.
-Breakfast restaurant is very well organized, very easy to locate different station. Were able to enjoy the nice sunshine breakfast every day! All the servers have warm smile, and always attentive of every details. Have both American and Asian style of breakfast, have variety of choice.

Last but not the least, the hotel always made us feel like home, and gave me a BIG surprise for making a birthday party at the end of our trip. It was not a big party but SOMETHING for me because, none of the hotel I've been so far have offered me this sincere care for the guests. Truly impressed about the 'Ritz-Carlton Service,' of how much they care about the guests needs and the comfort. Can't wait to experience more Ritz in the near future.

Room Tip: The room facing the park side would be good for business people (The room is quieter)