“Great find in Beijing city centre” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Beijing Wangfujing

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Beijing Wangfujing to your Saves list
Park Plaza Beijing Wangfujing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.97 Jinbao Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100005, China (Tian'anmen / Wangfujing)   |
Special Offer
Up to 30% off
Ranked #14 of 5,119 hotels in Beijing
Singapore, Singapore
“Great find in Beijing city centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed in Park Plaza Beijing for 4 days in Feb 2013 and it was great. The location was good - 2 mins from a subway station and walking distance to Wangfujing, where you can find some good restaurants. Service of housekeeping was good and our bottled water was restocked every day without fail. Front desk was also very helpful in making dinner reservations and recommending places to visit. I did not try the hotel breakfast but there is starbucks right across the road to get your morning coffee. Overall a good stay and definitely a good find considering its cheap price compared to all other big-chain hotels in the city centre!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

1,774 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the good reviews and overall very good rating it had from Trip Advisor reviewers. I have to say that I am NOT as impressed as others. Why? Lets look at the good and the not so good.

The good.
1. The location.It is in an excellent location just 2 minutes from the Metro station. This is a real plus, because it is easy to get around the city by metro.
2. Room. I stayed in an executive room. The room was of reasonable size. The bed was comfortable.
3. Breakfast. I had breakfast on the ground floor. I felt it was rather limited. Limited selection of cereals. Maybe you get coffee when you sit down, but to get a second cup you will have to go on a hunt, or somehow try to attract the waiters who always seem to be busy. No fresh fruit apart from apples when I was there (but there was a small, sorry looking salad station). All I want is some simple fresh fruit. The bread was fresh, however, so well done for that.

Not so good.
1. Executive lounge. The lounge is on thre 15th floor. It is small and when I was there it was so crowded they had to open the meeting room to find enough seats for guests. The variety of snacks and drinks is, however, reasonably good, but you have to ask for orange juice, it is not put out on the spread for you.
2. The gym. This was the biggest disappointment. It is in a tiny room and is really just an excuse for the management to be able to say "we have a gym". Well, in my view its not good enough. Time for them to invest in some god modern equipment.

Overall this is a hotel that I would only stay in for the shortest period when there is no decent alternative. As it happens, the Raffles had an offer on at under the price I was paying at the Park Plaza. I wish now I had taken the Raffles offer.

Just for the lack of a reasonable gym I will not visit again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at the Park Plaza Beijing (a 5-star hotel) that gives you free bottled water and breakfast with your tour that was amazing.
Spend the extra money on a hotel like the Park Place Beijing, if you are an American tourist. It has free Wifi. You come home tired. You will be happy. Do your homework beforehand--I can't stress this enough--so that your tour will work for you. Private tours are just worth every penny. They will also give you a converter that will help for plugs from other countries for charging camera batteries, etc. They have multiple TV channels in English--not just news. They are also directly within walking distance of a Starbucks...my favorite part. Also, the thing that really helps is to be gracious and to say "Sheih Sheih" (Thank You). That will get doors open...just about anything. I think the predominate thought is that tourists are sort of rude to the Chinese, and expect so much. Just be nice. It helps.

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors if you can.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Awesome hotel , nice breakfast spread. The Happy hours sessions in the bars are also too good, though they should have more variety of food items .
The Room is usually big, good quality of bed linen and mattress
The best thing is the their Front desk people, they will just do anything , hunt for the taxi guys, take care of your everything I just give 10/10 to this hotel majorly for the Front desk staff
I arrived around 12 in the night in park plaza and its was too cold in Beijing ,and it was my first time too, the front desk guy opened the taxi gate for me, helped with my luggage etc. And also just went to Starbucks to get one coffee for me , and in return when i paid him some thing, he did not accept it too. I just liked those people..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel which I luckily happened upon. Well-situated in the lovely Wangfujing area of the city.
Rooms gorgeous. They upgraded me to a club room and suggested that I buy a package which allowed a better breakfast rate and full access to concierge lounge (they call that club lounge) on 15 th floor.
In club lounge, there is a wonderful business centre, free happy hour including wine and hard liquor and great refreshments at 5.30 pm. You can use the lounge all day though which is lovely for relaxing, watching TV or just reading.
Breakfast on 2nd floor dining room was superb. It is rare to see such a splendid buffet of Asian and North American food. There is also an omelette station. Food excellent as was service.
Room service was amazing. It was presented as though we had ordered something fantastic when we had ordered not very extravagantly. EXCELLENT food.

Staff at front desk (especially Bella) are all superb. Well-informed, VERY good English and very personable. Staff at concierge desk cannot do enough for you. They RUN to get answers for you, gave us GREAT advice about where to get a huge amount of printing done and their English is also excellent. Jessie and Jordan are expecially worthy of note.

I am blown away by this lovely hotel and the lovely rooms and the service and the staff. I did not expect this degree of modern and this class of service. All very impressive.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat and highly recommend it to anyone. Rates reasonable.

Room Tip: Try to get upgrade to club room. Try also to buy package to reduce cost of breakfast and to allow a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A centrally located hotel within one of the most known areas, WangJuJing, in Beijing. Facilities inside hotel is a 4-star+. Good restaurants within 5 minutes walk from hotel. The famous Peking Duck establishment, DaDong, is some close by, you could eat there literally every night. Very friendly and efficient staff completes this centrally located hotel. Would definitely stay again on next visit to Beijing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pa.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights at the end of our 6 week SE Asia and China trip. When we arrived, we were greeted by a very friendly staff member who helped us with our luggage, and escorted us to the front desk. We were given a welcome cup of tea as we went through the check in procedures. The hotel was located on a side street, half a block form a major street with restaurants, stores, hotels, and businesses. Wangfujing pedestrian street, and shopping malls were a few blocks walk away. The Metro is less than a block from the entrance of the hotel.

Upon arrival at our room, we were very pleased to note that we were located at the end of the hallway, and we anticipated that this would be a quiet location, with only one room across from us. The room was simply but well furnished. There was a refrigerator, mini bar, and electric tea pot with the necessary supplies to make tea, lots of shelf space over the desk, and another shelving unit behind the easy chair. The bathroom was very large, with a shower/tub combination, and an adjustable make up mirror at the large mirrored sink area. Complimentary bottled water and bathroom amenities, and more shelves behind the tub completed the area. The bed was softer than our previous hotel, although a bit lumpy. The closet was positioned next to the side of the bed, and partly behind one of the night tables, as perhaps it was an afterthought. But half of the closet had room for hanging clothes, and the other side held the iron, ironing board, clothes and shoe brushes, shoe horn, drawers, and a basket with slippers and a request for an optional shoe shine. Plus there was a large top shelf.

With all this, what more could one want? Quiet in the room area would be welcome. Throughout our stay, there was continual slamming of room doors. We thought that it was just inconsiderate hotel guests because the noise occurred all throughout the day and night. We came to realize that it was also the housekeeping staff as they went about their duties. By the third day, we brought the issue to the front desk,who replied, "So sorry", but the slamming still continued. We had asked for a later checkout on our last day, so we could rest before our very long flight home. Instead, the doors near us slammed continuously, and at 11:30 AM we received a phone call asking if we were checking out or staying another night.

As nice as this hotel was, it was difficult to get rest...and that is the reason people book hotels - to sleep.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Plaza Beijing Wangfujing? Share your experiences!