I stayed at this hotel for four nights on a business trip and I can say the reviews here helped me decide between this hotel and the Crowne Plaza. Because the Crowne Plaza reviews mentioned great location but dated decor, I decided on the Park Plaza...great decision!
What I liked:
1. Staff was VERY helpful! Everyone had a smile on their face and was always willing to assist you. They made you feel important.
2. The hotel was ultra modern and the room was great. Nice size with all the amenities. Clean too.
3. Hotel is located in a nice area and there's a small convenience store just a 5 min walk away. As everyone has stated, Starbucks is directly across the main entrance.
4. Bank ATM is in the Jinbao Center, also directly across the main entrance and adjacent to starbucks.
5. Taxi's are easy to get and the Bellman are extremely helpful.
6. Not everyone's English is great, but they try very hard. They're always willing to find a staff member who has better English skills to assist them.
What I didn't like:
1. I didn't see any western-style restaurants in the immediate area. I know you're in China, but when your plane arrives late, it's kinda nice to have the familiar :)
I wanted to walk to Wangfujing street but it was raining that day. I understand that it's a short walk, as is the Forbidden city. I didn't use the spa, pool etc so I can't comment on those. I really loved this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again! And I'm uber picky so that says a lot :D