“Best Services!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Beijing Financial Street

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Beijing Financial Street to your Saves list
InterContinental Beijing Financial Street
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.11 Financial Street, Xicheng District, Beijing 100033, China (Xidan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #60 of 5,414 Hotels in Beijing
Montreal, Canada
“Best Services!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I take time to write a review on this hotel, because, it's the best services i ever received in China! I live & work in China since 2 years, so, i know what i talk about.... Building is very nice, room was perfect, i have absolutly nothing negative to say about my stay! I would like to say thank you to somes employees especialy Doris, the club lounge manager, the employees who was working at the lounge, and the best Concierge who help us everyday, very professional (i dont remember his name).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Pierre D,

Thank you for choosing to stay us and for sharing your positive feedback with us. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and our hotel features among the most wonderful hotels you have stayed in.

Once again, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and we do look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Jenny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The location of this place is great if and only if you have some business to take care of in the Financial Street area. I would highly recommend this place for a business trip but for a vacation? Not so much. It's not too close to the nearest subway station as it would take a 10 minute walk. Dining is great for a business district as there is a shopping mall close by within a block or 2 with a variety of restaurants from the expensive Peking duck to KFC or Pizza Hut.

The breakfast is great as it's a buffet with a wide variety of food. A minor complaint is some of the dishes were cold.

The swimming pool, spa, weight room are as good as I expected.

The largest complaint I have is the horrible free WiFi as I can't really do much since it keeps on disconnecting every 5 minutes. Other than the WiFi, this is truly a 5-star hotel.

Overall, I would highly recommend this place, especially if you have a meeting in the building right next door. You may wish to reconsider if you're here on vacation though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear gesogeso,

Thank you for your valuable feedback shared on Tripadvisor and it is much appreciated. Your encouraging review will help us motivate service quality even further.

We are very sorry that you experienced inconvenience due to the wifi problem. Rest assured that we are looking into the details, ensuring that we provide all our guests with an excellent experience.

Once again, we thank you for your feedback and look forward to your continuous support in the near future.

Warm Regards

Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We booked a Club InterContinental Room, which had breakfast included and food and drinks in the afternoon. The afternoon buffet wasn't mentioned ot us but we'd read about it so sought it out and it was very great. Tasty food offerings and good service, all free, was really useful when we skipped lunch one day while touristing. Breakfast was also good - wide range of food and attentive service.

Our room was great - spacious, well set out, every comfort available that you'd expect in a five star hotel. Giant bathtub, toilet in separate room, lots of cupboard space, pillow menus (although they did send us the wrong one). Free wifi everywhere (though you do have to log into separate networks in your room, restaurant, lobby, etc). Pool/sauna/steam room were all lovely. Indoor pool is definitely what you want in Beijing so you can still exercise and breathe clean air on bad pollution days. Definitely the kind of hotel you wanted to spend more time in, that could lure you away from going outside.

A minor disappointment was with the front desk staff and their handling of a tricky situation. We'd booked a cheap Great Wall tour last minute and with the guidance of Trip Advisor realised it wasn't going to end well. We cancelled the tour but the guide and driver turned up anyway and would not leave. When we returned to the lobby after breakfast, they still had not left and continued to hassle us and we eventually paid them to leave. We didn't find the staff to be helpful in resolving this, despite having said to us subsequently that these tours were known problems and likely illegal. When we'd asked for advice on finding another tour or driver, they just gave us a Grayline brochure, which wasn't what we had in mind. So it doesn't seem like the kind of place you can get local advice. But in another circumstance, a front desk staffer was very helpful in resolving another issue with a taxi driver who'd tried to take us to the wrong InterContinental and wanted us to pay an extortionate fare (A tip for staying at this hotel is to make sure that anyone who is translating to a driver for you knows that there are two InterContinentals a long way from eachother and to go to IC Financial St. Or get "take me here" cards from reception to give out to taxi drivers). Beijing can be a tricky city to manage for non-Mandarin speakers so it's useful to have good support from your hotel to help navigate the dramas that will no doubt arise.

The location is in a quiter part of Beijing. The financial district is quite separate from the centre of the city. It's still fairly central and close to the subway but you can't just go downstairs and access lots of restaurants and shops on the weekend.

Overall, we were very happy with our experience and pleased with our choice of hotel. The price was very reasonable compared to other up market hotels in Beijing and we felt the quality of the room or facilties would have been difficult to beat.

Room Tip: Club rooms (which occupy the higher floors) seemed worth the additional cost.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennyisterrific, Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Brisvegan_Abroad,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we made your whole stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.

Meanwhile, we would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our staff may have caused you. Your comments about the Great Wall tour has been documented and will certainly be looked into. We take our guest comments very seriously and appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you again for your feedback and support and we lookforward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thankyou!

Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was my first hotel in China after 24 hours of travel. So in a zombie state, I didn't notice much as I arrived. After waking from a long nap, I took a sober tour of the facilities. Very modern and clean. One breakfast was the only meal I had at this hotel, and it was very good, with a large selection. Other than having to pay for internet outside of the lobby, I couldn't find anything to complain about.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Jennyisterrific, Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Jack H,

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your insights with our friends here.

With a passion for delighting our guests, it is always pleasing to hear of
such an enjoyable experience.

Kindly please note that the network covers throughout the hotel if your room including the internet service, but if it is outside hotel, the network signal will getting lower. BTW, we are highly recommend you to join our IHG Reward Club, it provides free internet to all IHG Rewards Club Elite members.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for yet another Westin experience.

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I don't normally write hotel review like this but I think this is another way to share how confident I will be if I stay in this hotel. While I was writing the review of another hotel in Beijing, I remember this incident in last December, and this shows how big a gap can be on services, even though both hotels are labeled "Five-Stars".

It happened last December when we had an international meeting in Beijing. A friend of mine stayed in this hotel and invited me to the Priority Club Lounge to have a coordination meeting. Being a Priority Club member, I have stayed in the IC hotels before but I have never been to the one at Financial Street in Beijing. Before we went to the Lounge, I decided to check out the rooms and amenities and, indeed, they all meet the usual ICH's standard. The Lounge is also well-stocked with libations. The ambient is great, too.

So, what's the incident prompts me to consider this ICH is great and deserve the Five-Stars rating?

I did say it was in December, right? It was a snowy day in Beijing. For those of you, who had been in Beijing lately, you know it is impossible to get a taxi when it snows. After the meeting, a friend of mine were trying to get a taxi back to our meeting hotel. We waited for half an hour without any luck. I went outside and checked (I speak Mandarin) with a young hotel staff about where I might get a taxi if I walked to the outside street. While he was eagerly showed me I could go to the corner of the Ring Road ad the local street, the real Bellman showed up, and after listened to his colleague for a few seconds, he immediately apologized to me and explained the situation (it was difficult to get a taxi as he just finished helped another guest to get one). He promised to get us a taxi but it may be a while and asked me and my friend to wait inside the lobby. While I turned around entering the lobby, I overheard the Bellman said to the young staff "How can you send the guests to get a taxi by themselves in this kind of weather!"

We got our taxi twenty minutes later. Though this incidence, I could tell ICH did know what a true Service mean.

I felt much more strongly about the concept of the Service when the Bellboy in the local ""Five-Star" hotel I stayed asked me to get a taxi myself.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jennyisterrific, Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Mitch T,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your staying feedback with us.

It was our pleasure to be able to provide you with such a good experience in Beijing here at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street. We join the whole team thanking you for acknowledging our efforts in creating memorable and enjoyable hotel experiences for our guests. My colleagues will also be pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of our efforts and we will keep working hard to continuously improve our services.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My first time back this year and usual prompt VIP pick up from the International Airport,upon arrival at the hotel I was met at the entrance by the new General Manager,his assistant and the manager for guest rooms who has become an old friend. The lobby now has a dedicated check in for Ambassador members and has been re-configured to a more pleasing aspect.The rooms are maintained to a very high standard and I do get the feeling of a home away from home.In addition to their highly acclaimed Steak restaurant,their main coffee shop come breakfast lunch and dinner place to be has also been revamped offering multiple stations for ethnic Chinese foods cooked to order,soup station and a lavish seafood buffet with the freshest oysters clams and fish,including great sushi constantly being maintained,food can also be a la carte or what ever combination your heart desires..................................

There is also the option to eat and drink in the Club Floor Lounge for members who book a Club Floor room category,this is very private and personal,with attentive staff always at hand.

There is a top class Chinese restaurant on site but sadly in over ten years I have never visited it,only hearing great reviews from friends,maybe my next visit.

On the six floor where the Club is to be found why not indulge in their fantastic Gym and their pool,in addition this is also home to the I-Spa the in house health orientated spa,I so enjoy the massage there and can also receive refreshing foot,hand and facial rejuvination for both male and female guests,their listing for treatments for your wife or girlfriend is extensive and very affordable,they do in fact go out of their way to please......................Spotlessly clean and very calming atmosphere.

The hotel concierge this time proved very helpful,I needed train tickets to my next destination,packages wrapping and sending and lots of things I could not do by myself,all was handled quickly and efficiently........................Continuous top marks and my gratitude....................

Coming up close to ten years from its new construction,this hotel is one of my favourites,I visit on average four times a year and feel confident in reporting the management maintain extremely high standards continuously,why not make it your home away from home when visiting Beijing......I highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jennyisterrific, Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear talentpicker,

We deeply appreciate you selected InterContinental Beijing Financial Street as your home away from home.

Your feedback towards our service is exhilarating. Thank you for your kind and lifting words.

We want to take this opportunity to thank you for your continuous loyalty to IHG and look forward to welcome back in the near future.

Best Regards

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in April 2013 on a business trip.

The Intercontinental Beijing Financial Street has a lot of pluses:
a) convenient and quiet location in Beijing.
b) stylish and modern interior design - beige and black being the dominant colors
c) good sized bed-room with large desk by window, comfortable bed
d) marble lined bathroom with separate shower (overhead rainfall shower head) and loo areas
e) large soaking tube
f) safe in the room
g) nice robe and slippers
h) helpful concierge guys
i) their thermostat works - yay!
j) internet included with my room rate
k) view of a soccer field across the main highway - could see games on the weekend.

But also some minuses:
a) my sinuses was killing me in the hotel, so there's some issue with their air conditioning
b) their buffet was merely OK for lunch or dinner. Not enough choices for the big price. It was better for breakfast.
c) Half their elevators didn't go down to the lobby, only to the guest room floors. These were marked "For Service Only". What does that mean?
d) not much parking space in front of the lobby

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jennyisterrific, Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear DavidLau,

Thank you so much for staying with us in InterContinental Beijing Financial Street and sharing your insights on Tripadvisor.

It is with regret that some of your experience at our hotel did not meet your expectation. Your comment in this respect will certainly be taken into consideration and the concerned team will definitely seek for improvement and hopes to have an early opportunity and a second chance to present to you.

In order to continually enhance our guest experience, we’ve placed humidifiers in every rooms, the first batch air purifiers are now been placed in every club rooms and plan to continue to be placed to all rooms. Hope that our meticulous and caring action can make the air in the room that you breathe safe, comfortable and healthy especially if you are prone to allergies, sinus problems and asthmatic attacks.

Sorry for making you confused about the service only elevators which are dedicated for our staff usage, mostly like room service and luggage service, etc.

And we have to say that the parking space in front of the lobby is indeed limited especially met a wedding or big conference, but we do also provide the underground parking lot, which is free as well for all the guests.

At the same time, we are happy to hear that you appreciated our locations, facilities, service and staff and we will share your encouraging comments with my colleagues to continue to provide our brand high quality services.

We look forward to your next visit and thank you for choosing InterContinental Beijing Financial Street!

Best Regards

Jenny

Been to InterContinental Beijing Financial Street? Share your experiences!