“Excellent product and fantastic service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New World Beijing Hotel

You added New World Beijing Hotel to your Saves list
New World Beijing Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Qi'nian Street, Chongwenmen, Dongcheng District | Chongwenmen, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100062, China   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Online Exclusive 50% Off
Ranked #9 of 5,462 Hotels in Beijing
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent product and fantastic service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel for 3 nights on business. The rooms product was extremely impressive and so was the entire look and feel of the hotel. Service and food were also excellent. Great offering at breakfast, very nice gym and lovely lounge in lobby!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Andrew W, General Manager at New World Beijing Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Aman, it was a pleasure meeting you during your recent visit to the hotel, and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I will pass on your feedback to the team at the hotel.
Best regards Andrew Whitaker andrew.whitaker@neworldhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
moscow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Travelled to Beijing in Feb 2014 for business and booked this hotel for, as advertised, being in prime location, 5 star facilities and breakfast included in the rate. Well, problems started as soon as we arrived. A couple of days before we got notifications from the bank that our cards, through which we made the booking, were pre-authorized by hotel and amount for 2 nights was blocked. Needless to say that upon arrival staff knew nothing about it, they denied that hotel blocked the money and made us feel like fools. Communication all the way was appaling, staff could barely speak English, my understanding that they know handful of phrases and if something goes not according to plan, they are simply lost for words.
Location was another big disappointment. The hotel itself is not in the center exactly, so you need a taxi and the whole area around is rundown and simply scary.
Breakfast was OK, but nothing special compared to other 5 star hotels we stayed in during our time in China. Freshly squeezed juices and good coffee were available with no limits. Otherwise "western" food was just a joke.
All in all I would not recommend this hotel, for this price I believe you can get better service, nicer food at breakfast, better location and English language tv channels in your room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Andrew W, General Manager at New World Beijing Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Nuria thank you for taking the time to post a review following you recent stay at the hotel.
I would like to apologies for the confusion with regards to the guarantee authorization which was notified to you with regards to the your reservation, this was a condition of the package promotion offered by the online agent that you used to make the booking. I am sorry that the team on the front desk could not clearly explain this to you, but I would encourage you to book directly with the hotel if at all possible in the future. We do guarantee that the rates will be the same as any online agent.
The location of the hotel is very close and within a short walking distance to the geographical center of the city, including Tiananmen square , Forbidden city and the Temple of heaven. Beijing is a very large city but is as safe if not safer than any large City in the world. It is unfortunate that you did not raise the issues mentioned to the hotel management during your visit as I would have been more than happy to assist you. Please do contact me directly if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in further detail best regards Andrew Whitaker andrew.whitaker@newworldhotels.com
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here on Valentines day weekend and we were looking forward to a relaxing weekend at the hotel. Unfortunately both the pool and the sauna were being repaired and were closed for the weekend. As the hotel is rather new, the hotel bar and chinese restaurant were also not open. This meant we spent more time in our room, which was really beautiful and comfortable, but did not have any international channels. The hotel staff were as accommodating and helpful as all the other reviews say, but if you're booking this hotel for a romantic weekend, call ahead and make sure all hotel facilities are up and running. My boyfriend and I were a bit disappointed for the price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew W, General Manager at New World Beijing Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Yeaeun S thank you for your review, and I am sorry to hear that you were a bit disappointed. Our swimming pool and Sauna are now open as is our Chinese Restaurant 8 QIn Nian. I am however happy to hear that the hotel team looked after you well. Please do contact me directly next time you wish to stay in Beijing so that we can make sure of the arrangements.
best regards Andrew Whitaker andrew.whitaker@newworldhotels.com
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have just stayed at the New World Beijing Hotel for 9 nights and had a wonderful stay. The hotel's facilities are superb and the room was lovely. The food is very good and I look forward to the time when the Chinese Restaurant is open so that there is more choice for long stay guests. I understand that I was the first guest to use the swimming pool which felt very special. The pool is beautiful and I swam there every day. I also used the gym every day and that was a very positive experience. But really, the great thing about this hotel is the staff - they are the most friendly, courteous and helpful hotel staff I have ever met. They remembered my name and the meals that I liked eating which made me feel special. Sometimes their basic English skills were a bit problematic but we managed to communicate. With regard to the review above saying that the hotel is a long way from the subway, this is untrue. The subway is about 3 minutes walk from the hotel and is very convenient. I caught the subway a number of times, including to the Summer Palace. There is also a large variety of shopping in walking distance of the hotel so it's in a great location. I will definitely be back and will be recommending the hotel to all my colleagues who travel to Beijing for work.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jane thank you for taking time to post a review. we certainly enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to your next visit. The Chinese Restaurant is now open and the hotel roof top bar will open mid April. Best regards Andrew Whitaker General Manager
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

great service,breakfast very tasty,spacious room,and fashionable decorate.but only one weakness,it's so far to subway,lose in location

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Andrew W, General Manager at New World Beijing Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Marc thank you for your comments we truly appreciate the time you have taken to post the review. The subway station is approximately 500 meters away, so I am wondering if perhaps the directions given are not so clear, and will look at this with our front desk team.
Please do let me know next time you wish to stay in the hotel again directly so that I can be of assistance to you. with best regards Andrew Whitaker General Manager. andrew.whitaker@neworldhotels.com
Moorpark, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the New World Hotel during Chinese New Year. The staff were extremely polite, attentive and helpful. The contemporary decor of our spacious suite was both tasteful and practical and the bed was extremely comfortable. I was surprised to discover that the hotel was actually fully booked as our room was so quiet and peaceful. We truly felt we were the only guests on the entire floor! The breakfast buffet in the Tian Tan Kitchen offered a huge variety of hot and cold delights and the service was above par. We also sampled their Al La Carte menu for lunch and were not disappointed. I look forward to another stay in the future and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Beijing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew W, General Manager at New World Beijing Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Karen G
Thank you for your very kind review. Please do contact me directly next time you are looking to visit Beijing, so that I can make sure of all the arrangments. best regards Andrew Whitaker General Manager andrew.whitaker@newworldhotels.com
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed the excellent service at the recently opened New World Beijing. The hotel is very well located within walking distance of the Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square and the Wangfujing shopping district. Breakfast and lunch at the Tian Tian Kitchen was very good and the food and beverage service was excellent. The room was well appointed with all modern conveniences on hand. The indoor swimming pool was due to open next month but we used the gym and spa and found enjoyed the service and experience in both of these facilities. We found the attitude of the staff in all locations to be very friendly and welcoming. We are looking forward to returning for another visit soon and we highly recommend the experience to other travellers.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, thank you for such a nice review, which I have passed onto our team. I am pleased to read that you will highly recommend the hotel to future guests. We do look forward to seeing you again at the Hotel in the near future. best regards Andrew Whitaker General Manager

Been to New World Beijing Hotel? Share your experiences!