“Great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Local Bar & Grill

The Local Bar & Grill
4 Gongti North Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China (Formerly Brussels Bar & Restaurant)
+86 10 6591 9525
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #378 of 8,814 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Fish & Chips, Pizza, Seafood, Grill, Pasta
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks
Description: Formerly known as Brussels Bar & Restaurant, The Local is a pub that focuses not only on the nightlife aspect, but also on great western fare.With over 400 square meters across two floors, The Local also functions as an events space, with the second floor often being rented out while the first floor continues to serve as a pub for regular customers. The Local also caters for parties and can provide bartenders and alcohol for your own events.Multiple flat screen televisions and a large, 3 meter projection screen makes The Local an ideal space for watching sports, screening movies and showing presentations.The Local also stays open late, with full kitchen service until 3am on weekdays, and 4am on Fridays and Saturdays.
Atlanta
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I really enjoyed my food...the bar has a cool decor, clientele is great, the beer is good. Try the Red Rye, that brewed by a friend of mine. The only drawback I would have to point out is that sometimes you get the feeling that you are imposing on the staff. We really need to start tipping in China, I think it would instantly fix a lot of the attitude problems that you sometimes experience with waitstaff.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Beijing, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude Management But Good Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I made the mistake of asking one of the managers for service thinking that they were working in the restaurant. After a five minute speech about how they are not a waiter I still felt like trying their burger. It tasted great and the beer was real imported beer. However, after that experience, I will not be returning

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Local_Kenn, Owner at The Local Bar & Grill, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Hi - I'm Kenn, one of the owners at The Local.

I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience with service, I assure you its not the norm and my guess is that they were under a lot of stress for the holidays. Usually my team at the bar do a great job and make me proud.

This doesn't make things right for you and doesn't change the fact that you had an unenjoyable experience with us.

You said that you won't be coming back, and if its at all possible I'd like you to give us a second chance. If you are still in town, or will be in Beijing again in the future, please contact me at beijingkenn@gmail.com. I'd like a chance to make it up to you!

Lastly, I want to thank you for being unbiased about our food after having a bad experience... that was very cool of you.

I hope you enjoy the holiday, and if you are willing to give us a second chance, please get in contact so I can try to make it up to you.

-Kenn
Beijing
“Excellent local pub and pub grub in Beijing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

A great place for travelers from the US or Europe to kick back and enjoy a few well-poured pints or cocktails or for those homesick for a little Western comfort food. The staff, led by managers Kenn and Martin, offer good service by Beijing standards and a well-stocked bar. The bourbon iced tea and the old fashioned are house specialities. For food, the burgers are among the best in Beijing. Like a lot of places in China, service tends to be better at the bar than sitting at the tables and the local staff can occasionally get overwhelmed. English is generally spoken and the food and company are much better than that in the overpriced "Western" cafes found in many Beijing hotels.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indonesia
“Good Drinks and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Good Bar & Grill, very good selection of Beers including some local Brew,Slow Boat.
Did'nt eat, but Food beeing served to ther guests looked appetizing. Not easy to find, bit hidden away.Has some Special Deals daily.Recommended once you want to get away from the busy Touri Slum at nearby Sanlitun.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cleveland, Ohio
“All the comforts of home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

After arriving at our hotel and craving some "western" food, we found The Local on our trip advisor app. All I can say is wow! Best burger I've had since I've been in Asia. The homemade onion rings and fries are delicious as well. There are tons of great drink options and amazing music! Great specials throughout the week too. We'll definitely be back. This place is a stellar find!