“A perfect meal in a real Italian restaurant.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mio

Mio
48 LiangMaQiao Road | Four Seasons Hotel, Beijing, China (Yansha)
010-56958858
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 9,455 Restaurants in Beijing
Neighborhood: Yansha
Neighborhood: Yansha
Tolentino, Italia
“A perfect meal in a real Italian restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Being Italian, after almost four years spent in Beijing and after trying a lot of italian restaurants in this city, I was pleasantly surprised to find this place.

The place is just in on the second floor of the Hotel Peninsula, and is easily reachable both by subway (line 10, Liang Ma Qiao station) and taxi.

The atmosphere is very refined and even the small details of the restaurant are carefully defined.

The menu is excellent. There is a good choice (not exaggerated) of starters, fresh pastas, main courses and even pizza. And of course the desserts. All the dishes are carefully prepared by the Italian chef, and the result is a perfect balance of the basic italian flavors. There is a good selection of bread that go along the whole meal.
The prices are high, but for the elegance of the place and the quality of the food is the minimun you can ask.

I will definitely go again in this amazing and excellent restaurant, in my opinion the best in Beijing.

Milan, Italy
“Excellent italian restaurant in Beijing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Probably the best restaurant in Beijing. I heard of it and it was on the list of the restaurants to be visited in Beijing. I didn't expect so much, provided the average low quality of italian/international restaurants in Beijing. I was surprised of the many only-excellent reviews here and I guessed they were "piloted".
It's not been the case. Mio really deserves a very high score, it's an excellent really italian restaurant. It'd be excellent also in Italy.
Excellent interiors, very good space among tables, open kitchen, everything extremely clean, personnel very efficient with very good english. Perfect service.

Menu and dishes well balanced with meat and fish. Very italian base for the manu, though with an international touch. All dishes we got were perfect in taste, very balanced and also some tricky matching with great result. Quantities are not upsetting as some time the up market international restaurants ones are, in the wave of nouvelle cousine. Mio does not propose nouvelle cousine and it contributes to put it at the very top of ranking in Beijing..

Ingredients look like to be italian for the most and so taste is very italian.

Procing is adequate, not cheap, but in line with the experience, service and food quality.

Sincerily recommended!

Hong Kong, China
““Beyond the expectation!!””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Monday night dinner to celebrate my partners birthday. The whole experience from entering the hotel to leaving the restaurant was faultless. The restaurant was busy given the day, and the staff were very attentive without being intrusive. The dining room is grand and very beautiful, it's gives you a special feeling. We had 5 courses, which we thoroughly enjoyed, and there were various dishes in-between to keep the taste-buds continuously satisfied. The chef came out and spoke to my partner, and also prepared a birthday dessert without request, the staff also gave us complimentary champagne and chocolates, all of which pleased my partner incredibly. The attention to detail was exceptional, our dinner flawless, and i would recommend Mio to all very highly.

Rome, Italy
“A FANTASTIC DINNER IN CHINA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

During my China's holiday I had a fantastic dinner in this fantastic place. I never had a dinner like that!!!!! All the staff was great especialy the chefs that were also present in the resturant room

• Visited April 2013
BEIJING
“Love and sweet memory in my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My experience of dinning in MIO is kind of mixture of romance, drama and love.
As I mentioned in other review that as local native residents of Beijing, we have now been seeking restaurant in Beijing from TA, which is quite helpful as the reviews are relatively objective. This time we selected MIO in FourSeasons Hotel to have our romantic dinner on Sunday whilst to celebrate my birthday with my wife. To be straight for to save viewers time, I would like to portion the review as follow:
1.Environment: On 3rd floor of the hotel easily access by lifts, not big but pleasant decor.
2.Food:The pizza:Chef's Mom:The best we have ever had, both my wife and I rank it TOP of this meal.;The Spaghetti with cuttlefish sauce:it is ok, not bad. The Black Cod: The cod was a bit too loosen, maybe it was frozen, but the sauce was great. The port neck:delicious!
3.Dessert: The restaurant provide me with complementary dessert as a Birthday gift---very lovely, I made it as I told the restaurant when book, tricky ha ha ha... Enjoy it very much, we order the tiramisu and one cuppucino. the Tiramisu is nice, but the free chocolate and Macarons is too sweet with less taste. And the cupucino is nice but lead me into trouble...
4.Wine:Small but very nice wine list: We ordered one bottle of Rebort Weil Riesling: My wife loves it very much! But lead me into trouble...

The service:Excellent!!! Both waiter/waitress are welcoming, very friend and very efficient. They are always around but not disturbing you. Well trainned with the cuisine and wines.
Although the dishes took a bit longer but the waiter/waitress will come to serve you with some bread for consuming time and filling the stomach.

My story of drama started when my wife and I enjoyed so much of the romantic and yummy dinner and about to call for the bill, I suddenly felt sick as my head became fuzzy and eyesight loose focus, I did experience this kind of uncomfortable before when overdrunk so I thought I need a bit rest before moving, but it went worse that my face paled and both my wife and the staff have noticed that and come to help me including the the western expat getlemen sat next table who spoke very good chinese that my wife told me hours later but I was totally unknown cos I hardly could speak, still consious but very uncomfortable, however, I managed to settle the bill by entering my password on the mobile pad of creditcard reader...ha ha means I was not so bad for a heart attack. I was laying on my chair but still could hearing what was going around me, the manager, chef of the pizzar, waiters/waitress were all around me for help, a wool scarf given to my wife to put on me for keeping me warm and they tried to call the ambulance but ironically and lucky as I thought the Rescue Center of 120 told them there was no ambulance at that time, so I told my wife that not necessary to call for ambulance I would be better after a rest as I was feeling quite better and start to sweat which I was sure it would become better soon. I could only know that the restaurant have informed the frontdesk and a hotel guest room was immediately given to us, the hotel staff helped me on a wheelchair and a fews minutes later we were in one of the 5-star hotel's cosy rooms and my wife wanted to pay but she was told all of that is free of charge...I did rest on the bed and was fully recovered and walk out of the room myself after 2hours. I came down to the restaurant to express my great thanks to them and they too expressed sinere concerns on me. What a wonderful night I have, althought a bit scary to my wife and the people around me. Sorry for the trouble I made by overdrink wine and coffee together plus the lack of sleep due to the workload in the previous week. Many thanks to MIO staff and the food is really delicious!!! I will cherish this love memory in my life. We will definitely return and for the food I will recommand as top notch especially the pizza.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere